Author Topic: Biden sees exodus of Black staffers and some frustration among those who remain  (Read 357 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Biden sees exodus of Black staffers and some frustration among those who remain
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/31/biden-white-house-black-staffers-00035931

“We’re here and we’re doing a lot of work but we’re not decision-makers and there’s no real path towards becoming decision-makers,” said one of the current Black White House officials. “There is no real feedback and there’s no clear path to any kind of promotions.”

I don't know what the numbers are so I don't know how important this really is.  People leaving the White House after a year or two is nothing new.  May just be someone looking for something to write about.  Just thought it was interesting considering it is a Dem administration. 

African American White House staffers leaving in mass ‘Blaxit’: report
https://nypost.com/2022/05/31/african-american-white-house-staffers-leaving-in-mass-numbers/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
" . . . there’s no clear path to any kind of promotions.”

Aside from security and (maybe) kitchen, custodial, and maintenance workers, does the White House have any career staffers? Those who stay on for multiple administrations?

Otherwise, it's maybe a 4 year to (at most) 8 year gig, with nearly all positions filled with political appointees - I wouldn't expect much upward mobility for the majority of the lower level people. And with politics playing a role, even if someone is fired or quits, competence is not necessarily the way to earn a promotion to a higher level position. (Note Biden's new press secretary, whose major qualifications seems to be that she's a Black lesbian immigrant.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

I don't know what the numbers are so I don't know how important this really is.  People leaving the White House after a year or two is nothing new.  May just be someone looking for something to write about.  Just thought it was interesting considering it is a Dem administration. 

I think the word you're looking for is hilarious. Hilarious, and richly deserved.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife