Author Topic: Mass shooting at Tulsa hospital  (Read 1267 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Mass shooting at Tulsa hospital
« on: June 01, 2022, 07:44:48 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/us/tulsa-police-incident-active-shooter/index.html

Which will it be: angry patient or domestic violence situation?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Mass shooting at Tulsa hospital
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 07:53:45 PM »

Militant anti-vaxxer?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 07:53:57 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 08:49:32 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 08:55:25 PM »

Militant anti-vaxxer?

Deranged Branch Covidian?

I've got five internets that it's a domestic or gang.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 09:03:18 PM »
I wouldn't expect gang activity in that area of Tulsa that time of day. My bet would be either domestic or just a nut case, there are a number of psychiatric treatment facilities at the facility where the shooting took place.
Of course the entire complex is almost guaranteed to be a gun free zone.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 09:46:49 PM »
My hospital security staff tell me that the majority of shootings at a hospital is a man coming in to kill his female partner at work, or an angry patient seeking revenge on his caregivers.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 10:13:17 PM »
Hearing reports that the shooter was a black male aged 35-40. Also hearing that it was a domestic issue.
The shooter was appearantly from Muskogee and TPD had contacted MPD about a possible bomb at his residence.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 10:30:13 PM »
Can anyone mail me enough tinfoil to get to November?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 10:37:16 PM »
I wonder if Brandon gets briefed after every bad weekend in Chicago.  Speaking of Chicago any reports on the weekend butcher's bill after the 3 day holiday?

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 10:40:23 PM »
Reports are that from 911 call TPD response time was 3 minutes.
While certainly commendable it again shows that when Seconds count the police are minutes away.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 10:42:49 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/us/tulsa-police-incident-active-shooter/index.html

Which will it be: angry patient or domestic violence situation?

Oh, [bleep]

"It's a horribly tragic event," [police Captain Richard] Meulenberg said. "I'm very, very proud of the officers for getting there as quickly as they did, very well potentially stopping more people from losing their life today."

Horse crap. The shooter killed himself when he finished what he went there to do. I give the Tulsa PD full marks for going right in rather than setting up a perimeter or staging in the corridor for an hour -- but they didn't save anyone else from losing their lives.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 11:14:32 PM »
I wonder if Brandon gets briefed after every bad weekend in Chicago.  Speaking of Chicago any reports on the weekend butcher's bill after the 3 day holiday?

Found it. Wonder why this hasn't been national news.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-memorial-day-shootings-fatalities

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2022, 11:21:12 PM »

Found it. Wonder why this hasn't been national news.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-memorial-day-shootings-fatalities

Racists!

48 shot, 9 dead in Chicago over the weekend but John Legend says it might be racist to talk about it
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/05/31/48-shot-9-dead-in-chicago-over-the-weekend-but-john-legend-says-it-might-be-racist-to-talk-about-it/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2022, 12:35:27 PM »
Reports are that the Tulsa shooter was a patient of the surgeon he killed - apparently still in severe pain, he blamed the doc for a botched operation and targeted him specifically.

The other casualties? Maybe they just got in his way.

Terrible no matter how you look at it.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2022, 03:27:11 PM »
I have obviously not seen the chart, but I can guess with a high degree of certainty as to what happened: the patient wanted more post-op narcotic pain meds and the surgeon did not want to prescribe them. The patient flew off the handle and that is all she wrote.

I see this scenario, minus the mass murder, several times a year.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2022, 03:38:14 PM »
I wonder if Brandon gets briefed after every bad weekend in Chicago. Speaking of Chicago any reports on the weekend butcher's bill after the 3 day holiday?

https://heyjackass.com/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2022, 06:11:38 PM »
I have obviously not seen the chart, but I can guess with a high degree of certainty as to what happened: the patient wanted more post-op narcotic pain meds and the surgeon did not want to prescribe them. The patient flew off the handle and that is all she wrote.

I see this scenario, minus the mass murder, several times a year.

Considering that the surgery was only two weeks ago (May 19), I'd say that's likely correct.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2022, 09:24:04 PM »
Considering that the surgery was only two weeks ago (May 19), I'd say that's likely correct.
Don't they usually give a 30 day supply after major surgery? (No refills, of course.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2022, 09:30:03 PM »
Don't they usually give a 30 day supply after major surgery? (No refills, of course.)

It varies by surgeon and surgery, but due to concern over narcotics overuse and side effects, a 10-14 day supply is more common now. If you go through that supply in half the time, that is a problem.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2022, 09:51:13 PM »
How many stories have reported this as a "hospital shooting"?

Has anyone other than me noticed that the shooting did not take place in a hospital, but in a medical office building adjacent to a hospital? But "HOSPITAL SHOOTING!" sounds so much more dramatic than "office shooting" ...

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2022, 09:52:17 PM »
Racists!

48 shot, 9 dead in Chicago over the weekend but John Legend says it might be racist to talk about it
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/05/31/48-shot-9-dead-in-chicago-over-the-weekend-but-john-legend-says-it-might-be-racist-to-talk-about-it/

Wonder how a many were with an AR15…..

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2022, 11:02:38 PM »
Quite likely a few - one of the standard rigs for the properly attired banger here in South St. Louis is a messenger bag on the chest with an AR pistol in it.

I've also seen Glock stendo mags sticking out, and more than a few hipoint stendos... They seem to consider them the standard size, rather than the backup...

Videos I've seen generally has 'em holding the firearm overhead and firing down toward the target... Only a few seem to involve shoulder-mounted aiming.
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

JN01

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2022, 12:38:12 AM »
Mass stabbing- another example of why we need to ban AR15s.