Author Topic: Lemon Ricotta Pasta  (Read 1242 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Lemon Ricotta Pasta
« on: June 06, 2022, 07:11:55 AM »
https://www.theoriginaldish.com/2021/02/23/lemon-ricotta-pasta/

Made this for dinner last night. I'd never heard of it before until I stumbled on a recipe a few days ago. I can't find the exact recipe I used yesterday, but this one is close.

I did, however, cut it in half for just me.

I also added sauteed Carolina dry sausage medallions and sauteed mushrooms and I cooked some sweet peas in with the pasta (I like peas with pasta).

I used penne (that's my go to general purpose pasta) and the zest and juice of 1/2 of a large lemon.

The only problem I had was that my sauce broke and I'm not sure exactly why.

Still a damned good meal, however, and I have enough of the sausage and mushrooms left over to make at least one more, possibly two, more goes.

And, I think the sauce, all on its own, would be great for over broccoli.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Lemon Ricotta Pasta
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 05:36:52 PM »
Your lemon might of been really acid and curdled the fat in the butter and ricotta.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Lemon Ricotta Pasta
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 06:01:17 PM »
I think I figured it out...

The recipe said to add the pasta first, then the ricotta... I got that backwards, and I think that's what did it.

The ricotta needs to bind with the starch on the noodles. By adding the ricotta first, there was too much acid and too much heat in the skillet and it caused the ricotta to curdle.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.