Author Topic: Mostly Peaceful Protestor outside Brett Kavanaugh's house...  (Read 974 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/08/armed-man-arrested-outside-brett-kavanaughs-home-after-threatening-supreme-court-justice.html

My guess is that the tolerant, loving left is going to howl over suppression of his right of protest.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
Re: Mostly Peaceful Protestor outside Brett Kavanaugh's house...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 10:51:06 AM »
I hope Justice Kavanaugh is a brave man. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 10:52:31 AM »
Interesting how Kavanaugh is the guy he wanted to kill, not the guy who wrote the draft.

This is why we carry.

I'm also waiting with bated breath for the unbiased reporting on this from CNN, et. al.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 10:56:47 AM »
His body his choice
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 10:58:10 AM »
Interesting how Kavanaugh is the guy he wanted to kill, not the guy who wrote the draft.

This is why we carry.

Kavanaugh = Orange Justice
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »
Threatening the life of a sitting SCOTUS judge is worse than the January 6th “insurrection “ in my humble opinion.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 11:22:33 AM »
Threatening the life of a sitting SCOTUS judge is worse than the January 6th “insurrection “ in my humble opinion.

Well, it apparently depends on which judge...

I don't disagree with you though, and this is exactly what the leaker wanted. Dem leadership and their "It's neat when people protest at the homes of Justices we don't like" are also responsible for this. Dem leadership was gleeful regarding the harassment that enables nutjobs like this guy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2022, 11:34:40 AM »
Kavanaugh = Orange Justice

and the believe the woman stuff.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 02:13:11 PM »
Deleted
Had a massive brain fart when I posted.
But I feel much better now
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2022, 03:12:10 PM »
Some info on the would-be assassin:

https://heavy.com/news/nicholas-john-roske/

Roske told authorities he was “upset about the leak of a recent Supreme Court draft decision regarding the right to abortion as well as the recent school shooting in Uvalde, Texas,” the affidavit says. “Roske indicated that he believed the Justice that he intended to kill would side with Second Amendment decisions that would loosen gun control laws.”

So he plotted to kill Kavanaugh ... with a gun ... because he didn't want gun control laws loosened ...

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2022, 03:40:38 PM »
The ends justify the means to leftists.  Always.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 04:04:23 PM »

So he plotted to kill Kavanaugh ... with a gun ... because he didn't want gun control laws loosened ...

From that link

In May, Axios obtained an internal Department of Homeland Security memo that discussed rising threats against SCOTUS in the wake of the Roe v. Wade leak.

The threats, that also targeted politicians and others “are likely to persist and may increase leading up to and following the issuing of the Court’s official ruling,” Axios reported, quoting the memo.

The memo reported that threats were coming from people both opposed to and supportive of abortion.

“Some racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists’ embrace of pro-life narratives may be linked to the perception of wanting to ‘save white children’ and ‘fight white genocide,'” the memo said, according to Axios.

“…the memo warns that this time, extremist acts could come from abortion-rights proponents as well,” Axios reported.

Last seems tacked on as an afterthought

And then

NBC News also obtained the internal memo and reported that the National Capital Region Threat Intelligence Consortium “has identified at least 25 violent threats on social media that were referred to law enforcement agencies for further investigation” since May 2, 2022.

“Some of these threats discussed burning down or storming the U.S. Supreme Court and murdering Justices and their clerks, members of Congress, and lawful demonstrators,” the memo said, according to NBC, which reported that “the authors also noted several social media accounts that encouraged violence at abortion-rights rallies…”

So
Left - Mostly peaceful
Right - Extreme volence

« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 04:35:28 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2022, 04:36:41 PM »
Almost shocked Newsweek ran this story
I personally think people are over reacting but we've seen these same people pounce on far lesser statements by people on the right

Schumer Telling Brett Kavanaugh He'll 'Pay the Price' for Roe Resurfaces
https://www.newsweek.com/chuck-schumer-brett-kavanaugh-roe-v-wade-pay-price-comment-1713964
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2022, 05:11:30 PM »

Pure liberal logic.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2022, 07:05:47 PM »
Lightfoot back on May 10th

To my friends in the LGBTQ+ community—the Supreme Court is coming for us next. This moment has to be a call to arms.

— Lori Lightfoot (@LoriLightfoot) May 10, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/08/mayor-lori-lightfoots-call-to-arms-against-the-supreme-court-gets-another-airing/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 08:27:38 PM »
But that was said peacefully and lovingly.

Obviously.

Most peaceful and loving protesters have arms. She was clearly calling for more group hugs.

:duh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2022, 11:18:51 AM »
Notwithstanding the title of this thread, I don't think this fellow qualifies as a Mostly Peaceful Protestor since he didn't set any buildings or vehicles on fire and there's no evidence he engaged in looting.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2022, 11:21:47 AM »
Notwithstanding the title of this thread, I don't think this fellow qualifies as a Mostly Peaceful Protestor since he didn't set any buildings or vehicles on fire and there's no evidence he engaged in looting.

Ah...

So then he's a political prisoner of conscience.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 01:12:17 PM »
Perhaps an Austere Religious Scholar?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2022, 12:10:37 AM »
I'm old school, so I'll go with "agrarian reformer."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife