Author Topic: Potatoe Salad  (Read 1380 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Potatoe Salad
« on: June 08, 2022, 09:45:57 PM »
Does anyone here put hard boiled eggs in your potato salad?  (I suspect about half do)  Do you think chopped-up fried eggs (over hard) or maybe even scrambled would work?  I don't like boiling and peeling eggs.
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Potatoe Salad
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 12:50:00 AM »
Why don't you poach them hard and then use it just like you would a boiled egg. We do hard boiled egg in ours.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 07:06:58 AM »
I've never cared much for hard boiled eggs in my potato salad. I'd much rather have them deviled. I can eat a metric butt load of deviled eggs...

That said, I agree with Bob. Poach them. You can get yourself an egg cooker for under $20 at Amazon that will do a very good job.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=egg+cooker&crid=1JQDMD7BSIC8S&sprefix=egg+cooker%2Caps%2C261&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 11:10:52 AM »
My grandmother used to make German potato salad, and she put hard boiled eggs in it.  That's what I grew up with.  Not healthy at all, but man was it delicious!  (Despite years of trying, I have not successfully recreated what she used to make, and no one in the family has her recipe. )
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 11:17:20 AM »
My friend John is first generation American. Both of his parents grew up in Germany; his Mom in Nuremberg. They came to the United States in the late 1950s right after getting married.

She always made German potato salad; by far the very best I've ever had. I tried many times over the years to replicate it using her recipe, and never any success.

She never put hard boiled egg in hers, though.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 01:21:06 PM »
Hard boiled eggs and mustard in my potato salad. You can buy eggs already hard boiled. Kwik Star/Kwik Trip sells them in a sealed 2 pack in the deli case.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 01:48:17 PM »
I have found that the Amish potato salad in the WalMart deli is pretty close to my mother's recipe, and I like it.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 02:05:19 PM »
Potato salad is one thing my Mother never really made. She made a crapton of macaroni and other pasta salads, though, even after the incident in which my entire school came down with food poisoning from feral macaroni salad when I was in first grade.

I didn't eat elbow macaroni based salads for over 30 years...