Author Topic: This could get bloody  (Read 854 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
This could get bloody
« on: June 10, 2022, 08:27:19 PM »
Welcome to The Great Tampon Shortage of 2022

“Tucked away on a forum, I found dozens of women complaining about not being able to find tampons,” writes @AlanaSemuels.

“A similar discussion was happening on Reddit, where one poster said she checked eight stores looking for her preferred brand” https://t.co/GDIsLJRZr3

— TIME (@TIME) June 10, 2022

“To put it bluntly, tampons are next to impossible to find,” says Michelle Wolfe, a radio host in Montana, who wrote a piece on her radio station’s website about not being able to find tampons. “I would say it’s been like this for a solid six months”

— TIME (@TIME) June 10, 2022

The next shortage in the Joe Biden era: Tampons
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/10/the-next-shortage-in-the-joe-biden-era-tampons/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: This could get bloody
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 08:30:49 PM »
So...actual blood in the streets... :rofl:
 [barf]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 08:48:42 PM »
There wouldn't be a shortage if they stopped putting them in boys bathrooms in schools.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 09:01:57 PM »
There was a discussion a couple of years ago on whether they could be used to plug bullet holes.   I kinda lost interest,  so I am not sure whether the yays or nays won the debate, but I think it was in all seriousness.

Not sure which forum it was on..

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 09:57:05 PM »
There was a discussion a couple of years ago on whether they could be used to plug bullet holes.   I kinda lost interest,  so I am not sure whether the yays or nays won the debate, but I think it was in all seriousness.

No one serious about dealing with gunshot wounds loaded up on *expletive deleted*ing tampons.  Field expedient?  Sure,  any absorbent bit of stuff works.  No one has them in their IFAK.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 11:53:56 PM »
The old euphemism about being "on the rag" might come back into use.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 12:16:44 AM »
Every man when sent down THAT isle on his own...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 01:42:26 AM »

They were invented for treating gunshot wounds.  Then someone figured out that women could use them.  Better battlefield wound dressings came along and they were largely abandoned for that use.  I’d guess they weren’t great anyway at stopping bleeding in GSWs.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 05:16:55 PM »
There wouldn't be a shortage if they stopped putting them in boys bathrooms in schools.

"Hey, I have an idea to address the shortage," said one state official. "Why don't we just empty all those tampons from the men's room that no one's using?"

The idea helped alleviate the crisis, but the state official was soon fired for discrimination against trans people.

In their desperation to find tampons, some women have resorted to entering the men's restroom and taking tampons designated for trans men.

Tampon Supply Shortage Solved By Emptying Out Tampons In The Men’s Bathrooms
https://babylonbee.com/news/tampon-supply-shortage-solved-by-emptying-out-tampons-in-the-mens-bathrooms
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 09:30:10 AM »
Tampon Supply Shortage Solved By Emptying Out Tampons In The Men’s Bathrooms
https://babylonbee.com/news/tampon-supply-shortage-solved-by-emptying-out-tampons-in-the-mens-bathrooms

"Can't tell if serious."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2022, 09:32:26 AM »
"Can't tell if serious."

I often leave off a warning it's The Babylon Bee because
1) Part of the fun is in the discovering it's satire
And
2) Far too often due to statements and/or actions by libs/dems it's not satire.
- Calvin and Hobbes