Author Topic: Mass stabbing in Canada  (Read 1133 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Mass stabbing in Canada
« on: September 04, 2022, 06:52:08 PM »
Reported at least 10 people killed 15 injured
2 suspects on the lose

Developing story

Canada rocked by multiple deadly stabbings in Saskatchewan
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62790900
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Mass stabbing in Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 08:59:25 PM »
Damn we need to ban guns in the United States to stop horrible situations like this!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 09:58:26 PM »
I blame Trump and the  NRA
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 10:32:19 PM »
I blame Trump and the  NRA

kNife
Rights
Assn?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 07:56:37 AM »
Suspects still on the lose
They're saying there could be more injured or wven killed due to not having been found yet and due to the widespread random nature of the stabbings.
No motive yet mentioned but speculation drug related

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62790900

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 02:09:15 PM »
With Canada being part of the British Empire (so to speak), I wonder if knife control will begin now, as it has in England.  I looked into English knife laws when we were considering a trip to London.  Can't carry a fixed blade, a lock blade, or a knife with a blade longer than 2 inches.  Restrictions on how and when you can purchase knives.  Hell, even Scouts on camping trips have restrictions on their knives. 

At the same time, Canada is a hell of a lot more wilderness than England, and knives are truly essential in large parts of Canada.  Then again, I would think guns are essential in those places as well, but...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

griz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2022, 03:23:05 PM »
At the same time, Canada is a hell of a lot more wilderness than England, and knives are truly essential in large parts of Canada.  Then again, I would think guns are essential in those places as well, but...

(Said in a breathless news reporter voice): Just think how much worse it would be if the murder victims had been shot.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2022, 04:10:00 PM »
(Said in a breathless news reporter voice): Just think how much worse it would be if the murder victims had been shot.

Or even worse, if the stabbers had been shot by one or more of their intended victims.  Oh, the horrors.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 04:46:21 PM »
we should keep bumping the stories , keep them in the number one slot in both roundtable/politics
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 06:14:47 PM »
If the late David Dinkins were still around, he'd probably respond to this mass stabbing with a call for gun control like he did after a fatal stabbing when he was mayor of NYC.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 07:36:25 PM »
One suspect down one to go

Ms Blackmore said Damien's body was found with "visible injuries" and they were "not believed to be self inflicted at this point".

Probably killed by the other suspect

Canada stabbings: One suspect found dead
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-62803059
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 03:06:07 PM »
Note underlined

The suspect currently on the run from police, Myles Sanderson, has a lengthy criminal history stretching back to when he was a teenager, according to Canadian media reports.

Citing police records, Global News on Monday

reported that Sanderson, 30, has had 59 criminal convictions since he was 18 years old, most recently for assault, assault with a deadly weapon, assaulting a police officer, uttering threats, mischief and robbery.

In one incident that took place in 2017, Sanderson punched a hole in a bathroom door and threw a cement block at a car at his ex-girlfriend's house. Days later, he allegedly threatened to murder the employee of a store and burn his family's house down.

Parole records cited by Global News said that he "acted in a threatening manner, made comments about a gang and damaged property."

Seven months ago, a parole official reportedly ruled that Sanderson would not "pose an undue risk" and that his release would "contribute to the protection of society."
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-62811629

"and that his release would "contribute to the protection of society."
 :O
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 03:20:15 PM »
Yeah, right.  Letting violent criminals out will always make society better.  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 06:37:19 PM »
Got em
Think they'll release him to "contribute to the protection of society" this time?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2022, 07:48:55 PM »
Got em
Think they'll release him to "contribute to the protection of society" this time?

Yes, but not for at least 2 years and several "I'm sorrys."
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2022, 08:14:23 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2022, 09:17:15 AM »
Now he's dead too

Canada stabbings suspect Myles Sanderson dies after arrest
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62829432
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 12:37:03 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2022, 11:06:27 AM »
Damned convenient that.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2022, 12:35:32 PM »
Now he's dead

Canada stabbings suspect Myles Sanderson dies after arrest
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62829432

That article is a great snapshot of the West in 2022. Guy gets a mere 4 years in prison for “several violent crimes,” and is let out early. Then he is able to go about slaughtering multiple people with nothing but a knife, as if small, affordable, easily portable handguns had never been invented.

Plus, I'm a fascist threat to the democracy just for seeing things that way.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2022, 05:10:26 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2022, 10:32:12 AM »
Leftism works everywhere it's tried:

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/09/08/auto-draft-41-n495131

Yeah, almost started a thread on that.
He looks quite pleased with himself in his mug shot.

Memphis livestream massacre caught on surveillance video as suspect Ezekiel Kelly appears in court
https://www.foxnews.com/us/memphis-shooting-spree-suspect-ezekiel-kelly-appears-court-new-footage-rampage-emerges

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2022, 11:26:10 AM »
Yeah, almost started a thread on that.
He looks quite pleased with himself in his mug shot.

Memphis livestream massacre caught on surveillance video as suspect Ezekiel Kelly appears in court
https://www.foxnews.com/us/memphis-shooting-spree-suspect-ezekiel-kelly-appears-court-new-footage-rampage-emerges

Well, he is the kind of guy who would live-stream serial murder, so...