Author Topic: Damn - Did Brandon Do An EO That I approve Of?  (Read 543 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Damn - Did Brandon Do An EO That I approve Of?
« on: June 13, 2022, 08:25:45 AM »
The story doesn't go into much detail, and it appears to mostly affect Fed LE. However, the cop representative interviewed was upset that local and state LE can apparently no longer get MRAPs and other military stuff. That is okay by me. You're a civilian, copper, just like me.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-police-reform-executive-order-blasted
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Damn - Did Brandon Do An EO That I approve Of?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 08:33:02 AM »
I wonder how many times a MRAP or similar vehicle has actually been used by police in an emergency. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 08:52:14 AM »
I'm sure the devil is in the details
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 09:21:29 AM »
If the cops in Uvalde had an MRAP, they could have gotten through that classroom door easily and all gone home safe at the end of the day.

;)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 09:51:13 AM »
He's got plans to give them all to Ukraine
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 10:28:21 AM »
Maybe local PD's will be able to purchase used US military hardware at a discount from the Taliban - word is, they've got more than they know what to do with and they got it for cheap.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 11:07:54 AM »
I wonder how many times a MRAP or similar vehicle has actually been used by police in an emergency.

Probably once a winter in north Iowa to rescue stranded motorists on I-35 during the blizzard.

A couple recent things I can think of is that local LEO did use it a month ago when several agencies coordinated a multi-residence drug/straw purchased firearms bust. I think it was also activated when the state patrol had a runner and they barricaded themselves in a residence and started shooting at the cops. It's been a really weird spring here in regard to criminal behavior.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »

I suspect that some of those uses were motivated by "We have to use these things or the powers-that-be may take them away from us."

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2022, 01:19:17 PM »

I don't know if they were MRAPs per se, but 2 of it or something similar were around in our little city in our brief season of rage a couple summers ago.  Both (IIRC) brought in from other counties.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.