Author Topic: Tier 1 Multi-Weapon Holster  (Read 467 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Tier 1 Multi-Weapon Holster
« on: June 14, 2022, 09:58:15 PM »
I am looking to get another Tier 1 appendix holster and stumbled onto their MSP Pro, which apparently will fit a couple dozen different firearms as long as they have one of several weapon lights attached. From 1911s to Walther PDPs to FNX45s - all in the same holster. The light seems to be the main retention point, with additional user adjustment for the different guns.

I would normally expect to read about a holster like this from a cheap holster place on Amazon or something, but Tier 1 is top notch. I was just going to order an Agis from them, but now I'm going to spend some time looking for reviews of this MSP.

https://www.tier1concealed.com/collections/allholsters/products/msp-pro-series-flx?variant=39558664388679
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: Tier 1 Multi-Weapon Holster
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 08:29:35 AM »
Kinda neat for when I want more than the 365XL.  You're right that T1C is good stuff.  I have a bunch of TLR-1's floating around as well.

If you get one report back and tell us what you think.

(Side note, I wish I lived somewhere I could wear a bigger concealment garment.  One day I will escape FL.)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 08:52:05 AM »
Kinda neat for when I want more than the 365XL.  You're right that T1C is good stuff.  I have a bunch of TLR-1's floating around as well.

If you get one report back and tell us what you think.

(Side note, I wish I lived somewhere I could wear a bigger concealment garment.  One day I will escape FL.)

I've been checking reviews, and am leaning towards ordering it. Like you, I use one of their holsters for 365XL carry, which has simply become my favorite carry combo right now. I wanted to order another of their holsters just to experiment with a larger gun, like my 1911 or FNX9, but with the MSP, I could try several other full size guns I own and see how they work.

I'm sure under a T-shirt the big guns will print a little, though checking the videos, it didn't look too obvious to me. I wear my 1911 at 8:30 under a T-shirt, and it doesn't print much. I've worn fishing shirts with big guns in the Summer, and they do really well for concealment. They're a little sloppy looking, but they do a good job of covering a big gun. Seems like they would fit right in down in FL. Or just go boogaloo Hawaiian.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 05:19:01 PM »
So this holster showed up a couple of days ago. I haven't had it to the range yet, since it's hovering at 100 deg here, so I've been getting my farm work done in the mornings and then sitting in the AC. I'm gonna try to get to the range in the next week or two.

Until then, I've been wearing it and "dry running" it in the house with various pistols. I am really impressed with how they designed this holster. So far, I have tried a Walther PPQ, Glock 45, FNX 9, and FNX45 in it. The holster locks on the weapon light on all of them and makes it feel like it's locking on the gun. Very positive "click" on the light when fully holstered. I see no difference drawing from light retention vs gun retention on my other holsters.

So my impressions so far are very positive. I only have one TLR-1 weapon light - an older crappy 300 lumen one. If I had a complaint, I wish they would make this holster for more than three light models. I'd love to use something smaller, like my TLR7 with it, but maybe that's too small for the holster to retain. The other two lights they build for are pretty similar in size to a TLR1.

I additionally ordered an AGIS at the same time for my carry 1911. I carried that today, including two hours in the vehicle. It's VERY comfortable. I do notice the 1911 moreso than my P365XL, but just barely. I was very surprised at how well the 1911 appendix carried. It just disappeared under my not that loose t-shirt.

My one complaint on this holster, and it's my fault, is that I got the holster with the mid-length sweatguard (you can order none, mid, or high). The mid-length has worked very well for all my other Tier 1 holsters and the guns they were made for, but for some reason, the 1911 pinches my gut when I holster it (no problem drawing it). It seems to be right at the thumb safety and hammer, which are both exposed to skin with the mid-length. Were I to order it again, I would get the high sweatguard.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 11:35:02 AM »
Any updates on how the MSP has been treating you?

With Florida's "winter" approaching I'm looking for a light bearing holster for a midsized gun.  This one, a Werkz M6, or an Odin Valknut are at the top of my list.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 12:34:04 PM »
Any updates on how the MSP has been treating you?

With Florida's "winter" approaching I'm looking for a light bearing holster for a midsized gun.  This one, a Werkz M6, or an Odin Valknut are at the top of my list.

Well, I haven't carried with it a ton yet. A combination of us having ridiculously hot weather this Summer and me right now being pretty cut for an old guy and wearing athletic fit t-shirts to show off for the young girls I'll never get has me still appendix carrying the P365XL a lot.  :laugh:

Though I have been using it when I'm wearing like button down SS shirts, and rather than with the guns listed above, using it with my CZ P0-1 Omega. It has continued to be comfortable, and the light retention is working well. I still wish I would have gotten this one with the high sweat guard. The medium has worked well with all my other Tier 1 holsters, but it bugs me a little with this one. I have their wedge pack that I haven't experimented with yet, but that might alleviate my issues.

We should finally be heading into cooler weather this month, so I'll likely be using it a bit more. I do still wish it was available for some of the smaller lights out there, but again, am not sure if smaller lights are a retention issue or what.