Author Topic: Poll on political assassination... bad news  (Read 1795 times)

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Poll on political assassination... bad news
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2022, 06:40:23 PM »
They polled all of 1500 people. That is much too tiny to be representative of the country as a whole, or even any specific state, and many cities.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2022, 10:05:38 PM »
The US government is literally using 1984 as an instruction manual, that violence switch is gonna get flipped.

We saw in 2020 that the ballot box doesn’t matter anymore, we have seen for many years that the jury box is heavily stacked against you, and the soap box is under constant, open attack and has been for several years now.

APAB.

This.

The whole stupid thing only works if we all agree and believe it does.  I don't.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2022, 12:19:41 AM »
They polled all of 1500 people. That is much too tiny to be representative of the country as a whole, or even any specific state, and many cities.

They’d need to poll at least that many in each political/sex category they broke the data into.  Probably more like triple that.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2022, 12:22:56 AM »
The left thinks they can do it. I think that they want to do it.

The right knows they can do it. They have thus far not done it.

(I live about 20 miles from where the guy who tried to shoot up that Congressional baseball practice lived)
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2022, 10:27:19 AM »
IMO, that is why I think many polls are deliberately biased.  It wouldn't take much effort to tailor the call list to get the result they want or skew the results a few percent one way or the other. 

All it takes is a good list of people who answer poll questions who they have a good map of viewpoints for.  In addition to the random selection, throw in 100 or 200 known numbers to push the poll 5 or 10% one way or the other to give the customer a story to write about. But of course, the polling companies are all honest and forthright and would never do that even though they are all owned by activists or the main stream media organizations. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 09:09:08 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2022, 12:16:33 PM »
Hypothetically, off the top of my head: I'm sure there were a couple during reconstruction that were drafting the Jim Crow laws, whomever came up with the idea to put Americans in camps during WWII, the architects of the early Indian Reservation system.  I could come up with others.

What would have happened to black Americans if some black people started assassinating Jim Crow politicians?

What would have happened to the Japanese Americans if some had killed FDR?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2022, 12:35:30 PM »
What would have happened to black Americans if some black people started assassinating Jim Crow politicians?

My guess?  Genocide. 

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2022, 12:52:14 PM »

In both those cases, it shouldn't have been just the affected populations.  Yes, Yes, I know, times were different, but in both those cases Americans failed to stand up for the rights of other Americans, and let the government run amok.  Both are a black mark on our country.  For that matter, by the time any politician is doing something that deserves getting capped for, capping them is probably going to result in some immediate violence.  Doesn't mean they don't need to be capped. 

I'm not saying we should run out to any congressional baseball games next week or anything, don't get me wrong. I just took umbrage with the comment that American politicians have been universally good enough this doesn't apply to them.  We've had our share of tyrannical human rights violations.

High inflation due to shitty economic policy isn't one of them, nor is rude Twitter and antogonistic speechifying.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2022, 05:29:01 PM »
IMO, that is why I think many polls are deliberately biased.  It wouldn't take much effort to tailor the call list to get the result they want or skew the results a few percent one way or the other. 

All it takes is a good list of people who answer poll questions who they have a good map of viewpoints for.  In addition to the random selection, throw in these 100 or 200 numbers to push the poll 5 or 10% one way or the other to give the customer a story to write about. But of course, the polling companies are all honest and forthright and would never do that even though they are all owned by activists or the main stream media organizations.

They could also poll 5,000 people and pick the 1,500 answers that create the results they want. Or just make it up whole cloth for that matter. I don't trust polls . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2022, 05:46:53 PM »
I don't for a second think we need to be assassinating politicians.
I do think that a heck of a lot of them should be put against the wall after their trial and conviction for treason.
And a heck of a lot of them need to spend the rest of their life at hard labor after their trials and convictions.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2022, 09:13:00 PM »
IMO, if you want to take action (at the ballot box is preferred), do it at the local level, not higher.  The mayors, sheriffs, prosecutors, and judges have great deal more impact on you than most people realize. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2022, 10:25:59 PM »
IMO, if you want to take action (at the ballot box is preferred), do it at the local level, not higher.  The mayors, sheriffs, prosecutors, and judges have great deal more impact on you than most people realize.

Poll worker.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?