Author Topic: John Hinckley Jr. walks free  (Read 478 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
John Hinckley Jr. walks free
« on: June 15, 2022, 05:39:19 PM »
Not sure what to think

John Hinckley Jr., who shot and wounded President Ronald Reagan in 1981, was freed from court oversight Wednesday, officially concluding decades of supervision by legal and mental health professionals.

“After 41 years 2 months and 15 days, FREEDOM AT LAST!!!,” he wrote on Twitter shortly after 12 p.m.

And there's going to be a concert

Freedom for Hinckley will include giving a concert — he plays guitar and sings — in Brooklyn, New York, that’s scheduled for July. He’s already gained nearly 30,000 followers on Twitter and YouTube in recent months as the judge loosened Hinckley’s restrictions before fully lifting all of them.

Washington, DC Judge Declares John Hinckley Jr. a Free Man
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/washington-dc-judge-declares-john-hinckley-jr-a-free-man/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Re: John Hinckley Jr. walks free
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 06:01:37 PM »
If he'd shot a democrat POTUS he'd still be in a cell.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 06:15:09 PM »
If he'd shot a democrat POTUS he'd still be in a cell.

Nope.  If he shot a Democrat POTUS the CIA and FBI would have made sure he never survived to arrest, let alone trial.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 07:12:33 PM »
He has essentially been free (released from St. Elizabeth's) since 2016.  Even before then, he was allowed unsupervised visits outside the hospital with his family.  This latest round just removes any court oversight. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 10:36:48 PM »
That POS was never even charged for murdering James Brady (who died of his injuries many years later).  He should have been executed. 

I detest our criminal "justice" system.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 11:23:32 PM »
He has essentially been free (released from St. Elizabeth's) since 2016.  Even before then, he was allowed unsupervised visits outside the hospital with his family.  This latest round just removes any court oversight.

Interesting timing. In 2017, several Republican politicians came close to being assassinated.  Court supervision ends just days after a would-be assassin goes after a Republican-appointed justice.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife