Author Topic: Midterm election violence  (Read 1559 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Midterm election violence
« on: June 18, 2022, 09:02:25 AM »
Expecting much in the way of violence leading up to the midterms and afterwards if things don't go the dem's way?
I'm thinking The Supreme Court RvW decision could trigger. if it hasn't already,  the start of a mostly peaceful summer and fall if the decision doesn't go the libs/dem's way with things getting ramped up the closer we get.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Midterm election violence
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 09:06:15 AM »
Not sure if this goes here since we don't know if it was merely an accident or not.
Coming across this is what prompted me to start the tread

Shocking video shows Massachusetts driver crash into Trump-themed store, injuring 1 person
https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-massachusetts-crashes-trump-store
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 09:12:30 AM »
Expecting much in the way of violence leading up to the midterms and afterwards if things don't go the dem's way?
I'm thinking The Supreme Court RvW decision could trigger. if it hasn't already,  the start of a hot summer and fall if the decision doesn't go the libs/dem's way with things getting ramped up the closer we get.

There already has been violence over Dobbs v Jackson.  Including an assassination attempt on Kavanaugh.  Some leftists are openly calling for civil war if the Rs win big in November.  They keep trying to turn up the knob on violence.  At some point non-leftists will flip their switch in response and it will get really bad in a hurry.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 11:02:48 AM »
Not sure if this goes here since we don't know if it was merely an accident or not.
Coming across this is what prompted me to start the tread

Shocking video shows Massachusetts driver crash into Trump-themed store, injuring 1 person
https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-massachusetts-crashes-trump-store

The article says the driver was charged with "malicious destruction of property." Sounds like the police have reason to think it was intentional.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 11:13:05 AM »
I truly believe that any violence would be from those on the far ends of the spectrum.  The vast majority of people are either poilitically in the middle and trying to live their lives, or the HUGE number of ambivalent people who are to worried about who is going to win this seaon of America's Got Talent to actually know who the president is.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 11:23:16 AM »
The article says the driver was charged with "malicious destruction of property." Sounds like the police have reason to think it was intentional.

A story on the teevee said that his car had an anti-Trump sticker on it, so if true,  likely intentional.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 11:29:58 AM »
A story on the teevee said that his car had an anti-Trump sticker on it, so if true,  likely intentional.

He was restoring democratic norms.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 11:33:57 AM »
I truly believe that any violence would be from those on the far ends of the spectrum.  The vast majority of people are either poilitically in the middle and trying to live their lives, or the HUGE number of ambivalent people who are to worried about who is going to win this seaon of America's Got Talent to actually know who the president is.

Word.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 12:09:05 PM »

That is really no different from most any conflict through history.  The revolution and CW1 were initiated by pretty small fractions on each side.  The masses became involved because they had to.  Most people just want to live their lives in quiet peace.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 12:09:15 PM »
Reason #678653 why I live in a town of 25k in the middle of flyover county.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 12:15:14 PM »
By the time the midterms roll around in November, the Dems will have had two years to further perfect their fraudulent election operations.  I suspect they will crank up their vote fraud machine to its highest possible setting, thereby keeping their midterm losses to a minimum.
Once the results are in after the election, and the rank and file Dems realize things didn't turn out anywhere near as badly as they expected, any violence on their part will be minimal.
I have no idea how the Right will react when they discover another election has been stolen and their votes count for very little.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2022, 12:33:52 PM »
POTUS elections are much simpler to steal.  Dems know they have a certain number of EVs in the bag anyway.  They know some states are beyond the margin of plausibly deniable fraud.  So they only need to cheat at a few choke points.  The handful of purple states are where they do their cheating.  And, really, just in the already deep blue cities in those purple states. 

Congressional elections require district by district cheating and would require doing enough to swing dozens of districts to affect control, and dozens more to make it appear like they have a mandate.  And those still need to be fairy within the margin of plausibly deniable fraud.  If they make it too obvious even normal, everyday people will get riled up.  As long as they can convince normies that they weren’t really cheating, or that any that did occur wasn’t enough to matter they can get away with it.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2022, 12:56:57 PM »
POTUS elections are much simpler to steal.  Dems know they have a certain number of EVs in the bag anyway.  They know some states are beyond the margin of plausibly deniable fraud.  So they only need to cheat at a few choke points.  The handful of purple states are where they do their cheating.  And, really, just in the already deep blue cities in those purple states. 

Congressional elections require district by district cheating and would require doing enough to swing dozens of districts to affect control, and dozens more to make it appear like they have a mandate.  And those still need to be fairy within the margin of plausibly deniable fraud.  If they make it too obvious even normal, everyday people will get riled up.  As long as they can convince normies that they weren’t really cheating, or that any that did occur wasn’t enough to matter they can get away with it.

Agreed, POTUS elections are much easier to steal.  However, the Dems will have had two years to get set up for stealing the 2022 midterms by the time they come around.  Plenty of time to work things out.
Given how there was almost no real investigation of election fraud in 2020, I believe the Dems will be emboldened enough to crank things up in 2022.  They know there will be little or no consequence for doing so. 
Plus, their media arm will assure and convince everyone there was no fraud after the election.  Worked in 2020.  Plausible deniability will be unnecessary.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2022, 01:13:59 PM »

Plausibly deniable fraud?

Back in the Romney vs. Obama election, there were 59 precincts in Philadelphia that voted for Barack over Mitt by a margin of 19,305 to 0 . . . that's right, not one single vote for Romney, even by mistake.

And Philly again had numerous "irregularities" in 2020 . . . which prompted howls of "big lie" from democrats and their lickspittle lackeys in the media.

Never mind, move along, you have no evidence of fraud, nothing to see here . . .  ;/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2022, 05:38:03 PM »
Plausibly deniable fraud?

Back in the Romney vs. Obama election, there were 59 precincts in Philadelphia that voted for Barack over Mitt by a margin of 19,305 to 0 . . . that's right, not one single vote for Romney, even by mistake.

If the official victory margin was 500,000 and the “questionable” votes that are such blatant fraud as that amount to 300,000 they can say “Well, it might look suspicious but it can’t have swung the election.”  So they evade any investigations and can continue the lie of fraud never being shown.  The less blatant fraud never even gets mentioned because if nothing happens to that more blatant fraud then why bother raising flags on the less blatant fraud, never mind it totals another 300,000 votes, and was sufficient to swing the election. That’s what I mean by plausibly deniable.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2022, 07:24:50 PM »
And... It isn't really organized. It is just True Believers, who are doing what they think is right and proper to avoid rule by absolute nazis.
Blog under construction

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 09:17:40 PM »
The new summer of love has already started. We are one event away from it going full batshit.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2022, 10:28:40 AM »
The left will likely dial things up, and dial things up, to the point where someone on the right has their switch flipped. And then they'll blame the right.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2022, 12:45:58 PM »
The left will likely dial things up, and dial things up, to the point where someone on the right has their switch flipped. And then they'll blame the right.
I got the impression that was what they were trying to do to Trump in 2020.  I think they expected him to send the Feds in to stomp on the rioting. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2022, 10:45:28 PM »
Trump was too busy listening to the best experts that the Swamp could provide about how to make the covids worse...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2022, 07:03:49 AM »
Don't you fools know anything?

The left NEVER has violent protests. It's always demonstrations based on righteous anger.

Those little *expletive deleted*s flinging bricks and smashing windows during Trump's inauguration? Protestors armored with Righteous Anger.

Burning buildings in multiple American cities? Protestors armored with Righteous Anger.

Anthony Huber trying to beat an armed Kyle Rittenhouse with a skateboard? Righteous anger wrapped in the holistic desire to protect and serve those around him.

Kyle Rittenhouse? Murderous Trumpite MAGA Fascist! (You want to get an eyeful? Go back and read CNN's coverage of the Rittenhouse event. One story I came across makes Huber sound like a glorious Saint who, with disregard for his own safety, tried to stop as Rittenhouse randomly fired hundreds of rounds into the masses of unarmed peaceful protestors.)

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2022, 11:49:25 AM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/20/disgraced-ex-missouri-governor-and-gop-senate-hopeful-eric-greitens-disgraces-himself-even-more-with-new-rino-hunting-ad-video/
Disgraced ex-Missouri governor and GOP Senate hopeful Eric Greitens disgraces himself even more with new ‘RINO Hunting’ ad [video]

Do any of you know who this guy is?  Seems like an odd video to put out there.  Has the primary election been done yet there?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2022, 01:06:13 PM »
Know who he is? Yeah, he was our governor for a while.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2022, 01:53:35 PM »
I will not be voting for his dumb democrat butt.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2022, 04:31:35 PM »
Between Bruen and now Roe V. Wade, I expect Portland to be downright sporty for the next few weeks..... Combine that with the massively understaffed police department (seriously, they're down to almost 50% of budgeted staffing for patrol officers) and I'll be staying way the heck away from most of the downtown area for the next several centuries.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy