Author Topic: Mosquito Killing PSA  (Read 1043 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Mosquito Killing PSA
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2022, 10:10:56 AM »
Don't get me wrong - I hate using and exposing myself to chemicals. I go overboard on protection when I spray weeds, and I recall Charby, who is an expert in the area, was making sport of me for wearing a full respirator while spraying glysophate.  :laugh:

But for some things around here, they're the only reasonable and efficient option. I burn where I can, but foxtail and cheatgrass are a terrible fire hazard, so I'm limited in where I can do so safely. Mowing and the cows only do so much, so I need to use chemicals elsewhere. Partly to protect the cows and especially the dog, since foxtail heads can be deadly.

I look at it the same way with the mosquitoes. I'd rather spray some chemicals than get the West Nile or Zika, and even if I didn't use chemicals, the County and State mosquito guys show up and use 10x the chemicals that I do. I look at chemicals sprayed in the yard as safer for me than dousing myself in DEET and Picaridin every day for three months (I already wear long pants and long sleeve shirts, and often even a mosquito net, when in the pastures). JMHO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

fifth_column

• friend
Re: Mosquito Killing PSA
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2022, 07:15:00 PM »
I get it. And to each their own. I'm more "militant," if that's the right word, about chemical use than most. And everything I'm spouting off here, and anywhere else, is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. Namely, not much . . . . .

:P
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht