Author Topic: Title IX and transgender "rights"  (Read 989 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Title IX and transgender "rights"
« on: June 19, 2022, 02:10:39 PM »
https://www.newser.com/article/eb749e38d785e1c362c90e5aede2f909/title-ixs-next-battle-the-rights-of-transgender-athletes.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_sports_login

According to this article, there's a problem: too many states aren't sufficiently woke.

There are some 15.3 million public high school students in the United States and a 2019 study by the CDC estimated 1.8% of them — about 275,000 — are transgender. The number of athletes within that group is much smaller; a 2017 survey by Human Rights Campaign suggested fewer than 15% of all transgender boys and transgender girls play sports.

Yet as of May, 19 states had passed laws banning or restricting transgender participation in sports despite the general lack of a problem to address.

So if 15% of 275,000 transgender kids play sports, that would be 41,250 kids. They see that as a problem. I view it differently. If ONE genuine girl is deprived of a medal, or a record (school or state), or a place on the girls' ___ team at her school, or a scholarship, because she was displaced by or beaten by an it -- THAT's a problem.

They want a fair solution? Create a third category. Let the its compete against other its. Let girls compete against other girls.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
Re: Title IX and transgender "rights"
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 09:39:00 PM »
Or we can stop pandering to the mentally ill at all, and classify everyone based on their actual biological sex.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 09:57:23 PM »
Or we can stop pandering to the mentally ill at all, and classify everyone based on their actual biological sex.

What!?!?

Allow science to revert to the 20th century? The Dark Ages?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 10:44:14 PM »
How about we just let the left keep throwing jet fuel on the fire until they get what they want?
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 09:54:26 AM »
How about we just let the left keep throwing jet fuel on the fire until they get what they want?

I don't want to live in a world like that.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 09:58:17 AM »
Or we could drop all classifications entirely.  Or we could give high school sports the amount of time and attention they are due.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 10:26:14 AM »
Advocates of modern gender theory claim to believe that gender and sex are different things, but also believe that every case of sex segregation should actually be analyzed at the level of gender.

Female sports are separated from male sports specifically because the very best females cannot beat the very best males in most physical competitions.  If female segregated sports should exist, then the separation only makes sense if the distinction is made at the sex level (where the physical difference in capability is manifest) as opposed to the gender level.

If not, then as Nick suggests we can abandon any segregation between male and female sports, and females can simply be nearly universally excluded by capability differences.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 10:27:11 AM »
Or we could drop all classifications entirely.  Or we could give high school sports the amount of time and attention they are due.

As a parent of a current high school athlete, I don’t want to see high school sports ignored.  On a national level, maybe you have a point, but how depressing would it be for a kid who worked his butt off have nobody besides his own parents cheering him on.

Plus, high school athletics is a great way for a kid to earn a scholarship.  And it helps promote a life of fitness.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 10:34:26 AM »
Looks like world swimming has leaned in the direction of sanity.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/world-swimming-adopts-policy-transgender-athletes-85494637

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-swimming-new-policy-transgender-athletes/

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/19/1106173020/swimming-bans-transgender-women

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/tennis/world-swimming-body-protects-female-athletes-with-e2-80-98lia-thomas-rule-e2-80-99-as-common-sense-finally-prevails/ar-AAYETov

Sorry, "Lia" Thomas.

[Edit to add] So FINA is creating an "open" category, for self-identifying "females" who transition after the age of 12. I swear I had not read about this when I posted above:

They want a fair solution? Create a third category. Let the its compete against other its. Let girls compete against other girls.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2022, 02:57:47 PM »
All this reminds me of the 1970's Olympics and East Germany doping their women swimming team (and other athletes).

Little piece of my family's history:

https://www.teamusa.org/News/2022/June/13/World-Record-Memory-Still-Stands-Out-for-Hall-of-Famer-Wendy-Boglioli

My aunt swam on that relay (Kim Peyton).

It's horrifying what the Communists did to so many athletes... Andreas/Heidi Krieger was so damaged by being given drugs and having no agency over taking them, that it triggered an inadvertent and involuntary sex change.  It's like the weird leftist frankendoctors left eastern Europe and decided to practice their bastardization in the West instead and now we have to face it all over again.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 06:45:35 PM »
Cordex- you stated the issue perfectly.  Thank you.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »
More sanity:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/sport/british-triathlon-federation-womens-event-spt-intl/index.html

The British Triathlon Federation (BTF) has announced new categories for competitive events which are reserved "for those who are the female sex at birth."

The sport's governing body in Britain made the policy change "to ensure that it reflects the needs of our sport, protects fairness in competition and serves our desire to make triathlon truly inclusive."
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

griz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2022, 03:35:23 PM »
The term " truly inclusive" is like hearing the conversation veer back to reality.  I'm sure it will upset some small segment of the population.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2022, 05:45:44 PM »
The term " truly inclusive" is like hearing the conversation veer back to reality.  I'm sure it will upset some small extremely vocal segment of the population.

Fixed it for you.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2022, 11:21:55 PM »

My wife was filling out a form this evening. I told her when she got to gender put Meat Popsicle. She told me to go away.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG