Author Topic: Supreme Court just released decision overturning Roe v Wade  (Read 3654 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Supreme Court just released decision overturning Roe v Wade
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 10:37:25 AM »
Weekend is gonna be sporty.

SWMBO and I have already decided it's a good time to stay at home and watch movies. Let the crazies weed themselves out over the weekend.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 10:48:00 AM »
What I'm wondering - will the looters somehow figure out to take advantage of any of the crazy demonstrations?
Blog under construction

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 11:11:35 AM »
Joys of living in flyover country, I don't need to change weekend plans in fear of a protest. If there is a protest, it will be a handful of people in the park holding signs, maybe a drum and a couple pink hats.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 11:19:24 AM »
^^^

Yup. Worst that will happen here is some crying and pouting in Boise. In the meantime, I'll be far from that in my hammock, with an Old-Fashioned this weekend.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 11:19:50 AM »
What I'm wondering - will the looters somehow figure out to take advantage of any of the crazy demonstrations?

Don't they always?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 11:23:34 AM »

You should have had your big screen picked out already
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2022, 11:29:03 AM »
Joys of living in flyover country, I don't need to change weekend plans in fear of a protest. If there is a protest, it will be a handful of people in the park holding signs, maybe a drum and a couple pink hats.

Protests aren't what concern us. Anything here would be what you describe. It's the random crazies walking through parking lots we'd rather avoid. Plus, it's just gonna be weird anyway and it'll be hot out. Easier to couch up under the A/C and be lazy. There are a couple of movies we've been wanting to see and we both want to get caught up on a few series. Throw in a fair bit of YouTube, some RDR2/GTA/WoT, and the occasional nap. At some point I also have to parcel and bag bulk foodstuffs that arrived yesterday. Biggest issue will be rearranging the freezer so it will all fit.

Brad
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 12:30:22 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 11:34:43 AM »
Can the Pink Hats mobilize the Looters? That's the question here in Major Metro South Central...
Blog under construction

zahc

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 12:17:22 PM »
I get all kinds of French news feeds on my phone. The French news is 100 % sensational genre "right to abortion completely abolished in US; women's rights reverted 200 years, theocracy officially installed". It's not even accurate or informative about what actually happened.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 12:17:53 PM »
It's going to be hot (>100F), humid, and sunny here, so aside from a few of the usual suspects holding up picket signs in downtown Austin, TX I don't anticipate any real problems - certainly none in my suburb.

It's bizarre how many of the same people who think abortion (which isn't mentioned in the Constitution at all) is a totally protected and unrestricted Constitutional right also insist that owning firearms (which is explicitly called out and protected in the Constitition's Bill of Rights) isn't really a right at all.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 12:25:07 PM »
There will be blood in the alleys

I expect there will be reports of women dying in alleys by late afternoon
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 12:25:14 PM »
I get all kinds of French news feeds on my phone. The French news is 100 % sensational genre "right to abortion completely abolished in US; women's rights reverted 200 years, theocracy officially installed". It's not even accurate or informative about what actually happened.

What do you expect from the Frogs?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 12:27:01 PM »

In France, you can be imprisoned for two years for the "crime" of trying to persuade a woman not to have an abortion:

https://rmx.news/france/its-illegal-to-convince-a-woman-not-to-have-an-abortion-in-france-leaving-pro-life-activists-and-media-without-a-voice/

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2022, 12:29:55 PM »

What do you expect from the Frogs?

They have been well and truly boiled.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 12:35:27 PM »
In France, you can be imprisoned for two years for the "crime" of trying to persuade a woman not to have an abortion:

https://rmx.news/france/its-illegal-to-convince-a-woman-not-to-have-an-abortion-in-france-leaving-pro-life-activists-and-media-without-a-voice/
Bridget Bardot has been fined repeatedly for expressing less than complimentary opinions about immigrants, Moslems, islanders, etc.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 12:52:24 PM »
I just checked a few kraut news sources. So far they at least all say that it is not an outright ban, but will be left to the states. Though a couple of them said that women are no longer equal citizens. They all mentioned "up to 24 weeks". I'm not sure if they were unaware of, or purposely left out, what really rallied many here against Roe v Wade: The talk of "unrestricted up until birth (and beyond) abortions.

I'm thinking Europeans would be similar to US citizens in what we've talked about here often (whether you agree with it or not), in that many people are okay with abortion up until the first trimester, but only very few (but vocal) pro-abortion people are okay with abortion up until birth.

It's further interesting that the kraut publications seemed to look at it (again, <24 weeks) as some kind of attack against women, since abortion is technically illegal (but not punished in the first trimester) in Germany.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 01:06:20 PM »
You know the best part of this whole ruling?

At least for me?

The incredible screeching liberal pain.

It's wonderful.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2022, 01:39:55 PM »
You know the best part of this whole ruling?

At least for me?

The incredible screeching liberal pain.

It's wonderful.

Well, you are inimical.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zahc

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 01:41:09 PM »
Abortion laws are far from uniform throughout Europe. The stage of abortion that is allowed, types of abortion allowed, justification, penalties, regulations on the "industry" (it really sickens me to speak of an "abortion industry" but there really is such a thing). The overall picture is that, maybe as expected, US states are slightly more conservative than European countries as a lump, but there's a lot of overlap with some very liberal US states and very conservative European countries. Again this just goes to show that abolition of RvW is basically overblown no matter what side you are on.

Of course I'm sure the globalists are also upset that European countries can still have their own abortion laws and they would probably push for some kind of pan-EU abortion law if they could, and will as soon as they can, because globalists will stop at nothing to eradicate any diversity of thought or culture.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2022, 01:41:11 PM »

links?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2022, 01:43:13 PM »
Missouri is one of 13 states that have "trigger laws".  AG Eric Schmitt (running for U.S. Senate) signed his opinion statement shortly after Gov. Parsons signed the nullification.  Missouri is the first use its trigger law to end abortions.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

zahc

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 01:54:34 PM »
Abortion map
--Tallpine

Perd Hapley

• friend