Author Topic: Supreme Court just released decision overturning Roe v Wade  (Read 3620 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Supreme Court just released decision overturning Roe v Wade
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2022, 01:58:49 PM »

a state can now execute a woman for refusing to submit to a forced birth even if the "abortion" is within hours of conception. barbarism.

— Jennifer 'I stand with Ukraine' Rubin 🇺🇦🇺🇦 (@JRubinBlogger) June 24, 2022
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/24/welp-its-official-jennifer-rubins-reaction-to-scotus-overturning-roe-is-the-most-batst-weve-seen-yet-and-thats-sayin-somethin/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2022, 02:10:42 PM »
Someone on CNN claimed that interracial marriage is now in danger.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/06/24/cnn-the-rights-to-contraception-gay-marriage-and-interracial-marriage-are-in-play-now-too-n478517

Which is interesting, given that the Supreme Court ruled in favor of that several years BEFORE Roe v Wade.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 02:16:40 PM »
Someone on CNN claimed that interracial marriage is now in danger.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/06/24/cnn-the-rights-to-contraception-gay-marriage-and-interracial-marriage-are-in-play-now-too-n478517

Which is interesting, given that the Supreme Court ruled in favor of that several years BEFORE Roe v Wade.

Any thing to spread misinformation to rile up the liberal base. Pretty soon this ruling will cause every state to start enforcing their sodomy laws, consenting adults or not! Whoops, there goes gay marriages and quite a few hetero marriages also. ;)

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2022, 02:21:11 PM »
Well, you are inimical.

And very proud of it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2022, 02:23:53 PM »
Doublethink

HankB observed:

"It's bizarre how many of the same people who think abortion (which isn't mentioned in the Constitution at all) is a totally protected and unrestricted Constitutional right also insist that owning firearms (which is explicitly called out and protected in the Constitition's Bill of Rights) isn't really a right at all."

Without offering an opinion on abortion at all, I find that an amusing and very sharply pointed remark.

Terry

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 02:30:20 PM »
SCREECHING LIBERAL RAGE AND PAIN!

LET IT FLOW!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/roe-v-wade-overturned-liberal-journalists-rage-rbg-retiring

Oh yes, screech about the person that warned the Dems and they did nothing about it with their super majority.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2022, 02:41:22 PM »
So Brandon is making sure abortion drugs are available on demand. Is that easier to do than ensuring baby formula is available?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/06/24/bidens-speech-after-scotus-ruling-was-angry-incoherent-and-misinformed/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2022, 02:51:37 PM »
Seen on my Internetz:

Looks like riots, handmaids outfits, &  demonic manifestations are back in season!
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2022, 02:52:20 PM »
So Brandon is making sure abortion drugs are available on demand. Is that easier to do than ensuring baby formula is available?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/06/24/bidens-speech-after-scotus-ruling-was-angry-incoherent-and-misinformed/

Of course it is. Ending the life of a child is a fundamental right, don't you know.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2022, 03:55:24 PM »
^^^

Yup. Worst that will happen here is some crying and pouting in Boise. In the meantime, I'll be far from that in my hammock, with an Old-Fashioned this weekend.  =)

What kind of Old-Fashioneds do you drink?  I've recently discovered Wisconsin-style OFs.  (muddle an orange slice, bitters, sugar cube, maraschino cherry, add ice, a generous pour of brandy instead of whiskey, top off with a little Sprite or Squirt)
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2022, 04:10:15 PM »
What kind of Old-Fashioneds do you drink?  I've recently discovered Wisconsin-style OFs.  (muddle an orange slice, bitters, sugar cube, maraschino cherry, add ice, a generous pour of brandy instead of whiskey, top off with a little Sprite or Squirt)

I like mine with rye. Usually High West Double Rye. I muddle sugar, an orange slice, and I use orange bitters instead of regular bitters. If I'm feeling mixologist-y and I remember, I make a couple of iceballs on Friday (spherical ice cube molds designed to just fit in an old-fashioned glass), add one to the glass, and fill with whiskey. Else if I'm lazy, just a handful of ice, which waters it down, but also leaves me with a cold drink when it's warm outside.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2022, 04:29:27 PM »
I'm already reading that laws concerning contraception, gay marriage, sodomy, and interracial marriage are all endangered by this ruling.

Gonna be interesting
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2022, 07:50:13 PM »
I'm already reading that laws concerning contraception, gay marriage, sodomy, and interracial marriage are all endangered by this ruling.

Gonna be interesting

In his concurring opinion Thomas said that “substantive due process” is an erroneous standard and all decisions based on should be reviewed.  Which includes Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell.  The other 4 in the majority of Dobbs may or may not agree with that, but it’s not just leftists hyperventilating.

That said, it’s not legality of contraception, sodomy between consenting adults, or SSM that is, per se, at risk.  Just the SCOTUS rulings that have forced states to allow it.  Just like with overturning RvW and Casey doesn’t outlaw abortion, overturning those other cases will merely return those questions to the states.  Which, really, is where they belong.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2022, 08:13:01 PM »
Live feed of protests

Mostly Peaceful Protests with a chance of...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY5S68HRTsg
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2022, 08:14:44 PM »
Looks like all 16-20 year olds
They must of emptied out the community colleges and coffee shops
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2022, 08:28:17 PM »
The black umbrella squad is out
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2022, 08:44:46 PM »
May get interesting when it gets dark
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2022, 08:48:32 PM »

Gonna be interesting

As I noted earlier, the Loving case preceded Roe by several years. Then again, now that the Left has brought back racism, maybe they will find a way to outlaw such marriages. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2022, 09:57:11 PM »
And here come the police  [popcorn]

So it been more silly than anything else.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2022, 12:13:47 AM »
I saw a quote:

"The great irony is that tonight Democrat cities will be burned down by Democrats in Democrat states where abortion will still be legal."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqBxjcO3nF0
In this video.  Haven't watched this channel before now.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2022, 12:51:17 AM »
I saw a quote:

"The great irony is that tonight Democrat cities will be burned down by Democrats in Democrat states where abortion will still be legal."

Marco Rubio (R) FL  said that on a Fox show tonight during his interview.

bob

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2022, 01:45:15 AM »
I see a distinct lack of common sense on both sides... Incest, rape, what have you, that's the decision that only the victim is responsible for.

But don't drag it out to 30-35 weeks....
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2022, 01:46:29 AM »
What really scares me are the people (and I'ma using that term loosely...) who crow about how they want abortions - how they've had x-number... and want more...

Those people scare me.
Blog under construction

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2022, 04:57:26 AM »
Anyone have info on the WHY?

Why did SCOTUS overturn RvW?  Was it because they wanted to and this case was the one that let SCOTUS do it?

Or was this case just just decided on merit and that created a problem with the RvW ruling?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?