Author Topic: Supreme Court just released decision overturning Roe v Wade  (Read 3547 times)

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: Supreme Court just released decision overturning Roe v Wade
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2022, 05:16:10 AM »
Honestly, Bogie, I think the world would be better if those people were just sterilized.

Flip side: there are lots of women who WANT to be sterilized, and doctors won't do it...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2022, 07:32:45 AM »
I see a distinct lack of common sense on both sides... Incest, rape, what have you, that's the decision that only the victim is responsible for.

But don't drag it out to 30-35 weeks....

I wonder if we would be at this point if "they" weren't selling dead baby parts, having abortions at full term/day of birth and crowing about how awesome it is to have an abortion.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2022, 07:40:20 AM »
So, let me get this straight... according to the Democrats

When it comes to abortion, it is an incontrovertible personal and Constitutional right, and NO ONE has any right at all to tell you, or anyone else, what you should do with your body...

BUT

When it comes to Covid vaccines, you have absolutely NO incontrovertible personal or Constitutional right to refuse a vaccine and you MUST bow to the power of the state when it tells you what to do with your body.

Glad that's clear and consistent.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2022, 08:07:11 AM »
And just like that democrats know what a woman is.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2022, 08:50:32 AM »
I wonder if we would be at this point if "they" weren't selling dead baby parts, having abortions at full term/day of birth and crowing about how awesome it is to have an abortion.

This is exactly the stuff that turned fence-sitters and ambivalent people against them. Even if it was only a vocal minority of pro-abortion people that "made abortions fun and profitable", the videos of baby parts, and the sick twentysomethings having youtube parties and talking about abortions being fun, most certainly made the otherwise ambivalent stop and think.

Had they continued "rare and safe and first trimester", we would likely still be in the status quo. The nutjobs were bad for pro-abortion people and good for pro-life people.

At least, as mentioned above, the states where abortions will still freely occur will be the states that see all the damage from violent mobs. I do feel bad for normal people who live in the big cities of those states.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2022, 09:30:36 AM »
I see a distinct lack of common sense on both sides... Incest, rape, what have you, that's the decision that only the victim is responsible for.

But don't drag it out to 30-35 weeks....

Rape is a horrific crime.  I think rapists should all be executed.  I don't think it is okay to execute the children of rapists.  It doesn't make sense to say it is wrong to kill unwanted child produced by consensual sex, but okay to kill the child produced by rape.  The right not to be killed is not based on who our father is; it is based on the fact that we are living human beings.

Kill the evil rapists, and comfort the victims; don't create new victims by killing a human being who did nothing wrong.

Take a look at this living fetus at nine weeks; would it be okay to kill this baby if his or her father was an evil man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q30ao8phNY

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2022, 11:09:50 AM »
Regarding "the other side" going too far, a good summation of many people's (including my) feelings on the matter:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/25/and-now-we-push-back-kick-butt-thread-directed-at-lefties-threatening-violence-over-scotus-decisions-an-epic-must-read/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2022, 11:25:55 AM »
Honestly, Bogie, I think the world would be better if those people were just sterilized.

Flip side: there are lots of women who WANT to be sterilized, and doctors won't do it...

Any adult male of female wishing to be sterilized should be allowed, but in turn it will be illegal to sue the Dr in the future if they decided to change their mind after the proceedure.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2022, 11:47:28 AM »
Silly geese, the right time to sterilize people is when they are children because they have been convinced that they should be the opposite sex!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2022, 11:50:18 AM »
Any adult male of female wishing to be sterilized should be allowed, but in turn it will be illegal to sue the Dr in the future if they decided to change their mind after the proceedure.

Sue the scalpel manufacturer
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2022, 12:02:20 PM »

Fun fact: the majority, if not virtually all of USA Catholic hospitals will not allow permanent sterilizations on male or female patients to be done at their facilities. This is Directive 53 of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.  More and more people are dismayed to find this out as more and more secular hospitals are acquired by Catholic healthcare systems.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2022, 12:18:07 PM »
Frankly, I think that the PRIMARY reason why the left screeches about how important abortion is...

...is because it gets conservative people torqued.
Blog under construction

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2022, 12:26:41 PM »

Speaking as the guy who does malpractice defense for a living, I have never seen, and I think there are a miniscule number of, lawsuits based on changing your mind after a tubal ligation.  These would be informed consent cases, and once I submitted the signed consent form into evidence showing the patient was informed this would be permanent and other methods of birth control are available, I would expect to have the case dismissed on summary judgement. What I do see more commonly are lawsuits because the tubal ligation or vasectomy did not work and someone ended up pregnant.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2022, 01:27:20 PM »
Speaking as the guy who does malpractice defense for a living, I have never seen, and I think there are a miniscule number of, lawsuits based on changing your mind after a tubal ligation.  These would be informed consent cases, and once I submitted the signed consent form into evidence showing the patient was informed this would be permanent and other methods of birth control are available, I would expect to have the case dismissed on summary judgement. What I do see more commonly are lawsuits because the tubal ligation or vasectomy did not work and someone ended up pregnant.

8+ years after a tubal and we got shocked with a miscarriage.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2022, 01:54:01 PM »
Anyone have info on the WHY?

Why did SCOTUS overturn RvW?  Was it because they wanted to and this case was the one that let SCOTUS do it?

Or was this case just just decided on merit and that created a problem with the RvW ruling?
https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/06/supreme-court-overturns-constitutional-right-to-abortion/

Not sure if this is what you were looking for.
The decision came in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, a challenge to a 2018 Mississippi law that bans virtually all abortions after the 15th week of pregnancy. The law carves out exceptions for medical emergencies and cases involving a “severe fetal abnormality” but does not make exceptions for cases involving rape or incest. It never went into effect, however, because the lower courts – including the conservative U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit – found the law clearly inconsistent with Roe and Caseyand blocked the state from enforcing it. Friday’s decision reversed the lower courts and upheld the law.

Alito began his 79-page opinion by observing that abortion “presents a profound moral issue on which Americans hold sharply conflicting views.” But the Constitution does not refer to abortion at all, Alito stressed. And although the Supreme Court has recognized some constitutional rights as protected by the due process clause, even if they are not expressly mentioned in the Constitution, the right to an abortion is not one of them, Alito explained. Among other things, he noted, the court has required such rights to be “deeply rooted in our Nation’s history.” But until the second half of the 20th century, Alito observed, there was no support in U.S. law for the right to an abortion – indeed, he pointed out, most states regarded abortion as a crime.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2022, 02:32:17 PM »
8+ years after a tubal and we got shocked with a miscarriage.

More fun facts: the standard of care in defending failed vasectomy cases is to do a DNA test on the child to see if the person with the failed vasectomy is indeed the father.  You would be surprised how often it isn't, and then the mother has some explaining to do.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2022, 02:53:16 PM »
More fun facts: the standard of care in defending failed vasectomy cases is to do a DNA test on the child to see if the person with the failed vasectomy is indeed the father.  You would be surprised how often it isn't, and then the mother has some explaining to do.

Makes sense.  Though a semen analysis would also prove if the vasectomy failed.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2022, 05:48:54 PM »
That issue cropped up with one of my Aussie brothers

Had the vasectomy. Some time later, wife is pregnant: turns out he had an extra testicle
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2022, 06:00:16 PM »
That issue cropped up with one of my Aussie brothers

Had the vasectomy. Some time later, wife is pregnant: turns out he had an extra testicle

ET: The Extra Testicle
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2022, 06:34:19 PM »
But was the extra testicle his or a friend of the wife?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2022, 06:52:27 PM »
Now they think they want to come to the rural areas.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/25/redditor-whos-not-the-organizing-type-wants-rural-areas-to-see-what-its-like-when-a-community-is-burned-to-the-ground/

Good luck with that. I may be an independent but I have five gun safes and the rest are on the walls with cases of ammo. Mess with mine and find out.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2022, 07:14:26 PM »
Here we go again

DAY 2: Mostly Peaceful Protests with a chance of...TRUMP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72fKVl0drxI
- Calvin and Hobbes

zahc

• friend
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2022, 07:21:05 PM »
So, let me get this straight... according to the Democrats

When it comes to abortion, it is an incontrovertible personal and Constitutional right, and NO ONE has any right at all to tell you, or anyone else, what you should do with your body...

BUT

When it comes to Covid vaccines, you have absolutely NO incontrovertible personal or Constitutional right to refuse a vaccine and you MUST bow to the power of the state when it tells you what to do with your body.

Glad that's clear and consistent.

Pregnancy is not a contagious, pandemic--propogating disease.

I kind of agree with your point but that's what they would say.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2022, 07:39:31 PM »
Pregnancy is not a contagious, pandemic--propogating disease.

I kind of agree with your point but that's what they would say.
The most vocal proponents of abortion do seem to consider humanity a plague, and if you don’t think pregnancy is contagious then you haven’t spent much time around mid-twenty to mid-thirty year old women.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2022, 07:43:19 PM »
The most vocal proponents of abortion do seem to consider humanity a plague,

Then abort yourself, no one is stopping you.
- Calvin and Hobbes