Main Forums > The Roundtable

Weddings have changed. Just back from a rural MN wedding

(1/5) > >>

Kingcreek:
I guess I always liked the more traditional weddings. Serious about the ceremony and the commitment.
This was a little different. An hour or so outside of the twin cities can be pretty "country".
My brother in law wanted to bet me that big 4x4 trucks with lift kits and big tires would outnumber other passenger vehicles. He was off by not much but would have won had it not been nice enough weather for motorcycles. We knew aforehand that it would be casual, an outdoor wedding and reception. We arrived and gathered around wooden wire spool tables. Beer already available and being consumed. Hay racks pulled by tractors out to a shaded glen set up for the ceremony. Very casual but nice. Hay rack conveyance back to the barn and tent where the part really got going. Some serious shitfacery happenening, maybe some recreational drugs somewhere out of sight (none for me thanks).
We left when it started getting loud and wild but not before spotting my first Minnesota ice fishing tattoo. Lots of skin ink on display but the one was pine trees and ice with a hole and caught fish on the ice and some yet uncaught swimming below.
People watching is good entertainment and can also be educational.
Oh and the groomsmen booteniers were little sprigs of flowers in 30.06 cases. They all had beards and wore jeans and boots. There were no gunshots by the time we left but wouldn't be surprised if they just hadn't got to that part yet.

charby:
I wonder what the middle 1800s folks would think of my parent's wedding in 1971.  :old:

They had a small Catholic church wedding followed by a reception in the church basement with family and friends.

Boomhauer:
Sounds fun. I *expletive deleted*ing hate going to weddings, especially when my wife and I get roped into helping with them. 

Kingcreek:
My wife wouldn’t let me wear jeans and boots. I wore slacks and a polo shirt. I was overdressed and not even sporting any interesting tattoos.

dogmush:
Sounds like a good wedding.  They forgot to exchange swords, but otherwise seems good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version