Author Topic: Think marketplace health coverage is expensive now?  (Read 419 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Think marketplace health coverage is expensive now?
« on: June 27, 2022, 09:15:36 AM »
Wait until next year, when premiums are expected to jump by 50%... or more.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/27/health-insurance-premiums-through-marketplace-poised-to-jump-in-2023.html
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Think marketplace health coverage is expensive now?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 09:47:53 AM »
So *expletive deleted*ing affordable…

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 09:55:46 AM »
Obviously Congress is going to have to extend and/or increase the subsidies.  You can't have the poor middle class unable to afford healthcare in the middle of Putin's recession.  Increased government spending is the only way to secure the human rights of those effected.

(pretty sure I got that Dem talking point correct).  Expect them to trot this out in Early Oct:  If the R's win you won't have healthcare next year!!!!  Trump will literally block you from seeing a doctor!!!!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 09:59:58 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 10:51:16 AM »
If you subsidize buying something, it gets a lot more expensive. 

Who could have possibility predicted that?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 11:13:00 AM »
EVERY MAJOR PROMISE ABOUT OBIDENCARE WAS A LIE. Since only democrats voted for it and it hurt me personally in multiple very tangible ways for years, I don't vote for any democrat at any level of government. I wouldn't vote for my own cousin if she were running for third assistant dog catcher as a democrat.

Anyway, I became eligible for Medicare last year - I'd been paying >$900/month for a crappy bronze plan with high deductibles - I regarded it as basically a "catastrophic" insurance plan. Medicare supplemented with an additional Medicare Advantage plan is much less expensive with better coverage.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JN01

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 12:16:28 AM »
Obviously Congress is going to have to extend and/or increase the subsidies.  You can't have the poor middle class unable to afford healthcare in the middle of Putin's recession.  Increased government spending is the only way to secure the human rights of those effected.

(pretty sure I got that Dem talking point correct).  Expect them to trot this out in Early Oct:  If the R's win you won't have healthcare next year!!!!  Trump will literally block you from seeing a doctor!!!!

Nope.  They need the money to pay off student loans.  And for abortion clinics on Federal land in red states.