Author Topic: Modern tech fail  (Read 465 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Modern tech fail
« on: June 27, 2022, 05:26:16 PM »
So you think modern search methods are all that and then some? Nope. Shazam fails the "What's This Old Song" test, and not by just a little. Still, kinda amazing that it did manage to ID a couple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LqQDe5vWX8

Also, I wasn't aware of the change to a 100yr copyright limitation for music. Interesting subject to research.

Brad
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 06:02:46 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Modern tech fail
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 04:07:05 AM »
First: Small church on Long Island, parents, best man, Wife1's girl friends from college, some friends of mine from college, modest reception at a local restaurant.  Lasted 23 years through no fault of mine, issue: two boys.

Second: Wife2 and I had lived together for a year before knitting a union.  Civil Service in Denver County building, Justice of the Peace, staff as witnesses. Unfortunately, I had quit drinking, she had not.  She passed on in 2007, RIP.

I was best man at a friend's wedding, that one was a splash, big Church wedding, big reception at a large bar/restaurant. I remember it was the second time in life I wore a tuxedo.

I can't recall exactly what the first time was, but probably the super posh-posh wedding of my cousin Ann.  Reception at the Waldorf IIRC.  I remember you could see the Empire State Building from the reception room.

Obviously, she married big.  Real big.  Never saw her again.  I wonder if that tells me something.
<Terry scratches head>
<Terry belches>
<Terry checks armpits>

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:52:09 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 05:09:26 AM »
Posted on wrong thread, sorry

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 10:32:16 AM »
Is okay, still a modern tech fail.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 10:52:26 AM »
Is okay, still a modern tech fail.

Or an underarm deodorant fail
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 10:58:41 AM »
It was supposed to be on the wedding thread, I guess I didn't realize my technical error before some people read it.

FYI and Closure:

https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=66848.msg1361335#msg1361335

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 12:36:13 PM »
I'm thinking this is less a technology fail and more of a generation gap reality.

Much like the fact that I love old time movies from the 30s and 40s, but good luck finding them in Netflix's catalog, even though they have gazillions of crappy one star contemporary movies. Even good luck finding them to buy as DVDs or whatever.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."