Author Topic: SCOTUS sends gun and magazine ban cases back to lower courts for re-evaluation!  (Read 552 times)

Pb

• friend
The Supreme Court ordered lower courts to re-evaluate several cases involving AW bans, magazine bans and concealed carry permits in light of their recent decision....

This makes it seem like there is a good chance these will be eventually overturned...   =D

We will see...

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/30/scotus-sends-gun-and-magazine-ban-cases-back-to-lower-courts-n59928

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Now for FOPA, Hughes, and NFA.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jim147

• friends
I hope they get smacked down if they don't rule the way they should.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Guns and Gadgets said today that the ATF still plans on the pistol brace rule. He had talked to one of the gun group lawyers and apparently multiple lawsuits will drop immediately after, using the recent SC ruling.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
I saw an email from SAF about going for an injunction against the NYC gun permit law since the SC case was on the NY State law. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Wow, maybe the magazine ban in Washington state won't be around forever.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
While Connecticut wasn't part of this one, I'm still hopeful it will help us in the long run.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

JTHunter

• friends
Wow, maybe the magazine ban in Washington state won't be around forever.

Maybe we can get rid of the "Firearm Owners ID" cards like the ones in IL-ANNOY and NJ.  There is already a lawsuit going on about Illinois' FOID.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
On the \r WA_guns Reddit, there are pictures of people spending hundreds or thousands on high capacity magazines prior to today.  Some impressive magazine stashes.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.