Author Topic: Virginia's senior senator...  (Read 540 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Virginia's senior senator...
« on: June 29, 2022, 12:25:13 PM »
Just sent me an e-mail...

"Michael,

I’ll be honest -- June hasn’t been easy.

At the end of last month, we were all devastated when we learned of the horrific school shooting in Uvalde, Texas.

We continue to face attacks on our democracy -- whether it's at the state level with voter suppression, or at the national level as the January 6 committee continues to uncover bombshells about the extent to which Donald Trump attempted to destroy our democracy.

And just last week, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, rolling back nearly half a century of constitutional precedent for women’s rights.

But I will not be discouraged, and I will not let up in my fight for you.

I am more committed than ever to fighting for American values.

And I know that we have the power to make progress on those values:

Earlier this year, we passed a bipartisan infrastructure package that makes a significant federal investment to improve roads, bridges, rail (including Metro), water, and broadband.

Just a few days ago, President Biden signed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, landmark legislation to reduce gun violence, which has provisions that are similar to the Virginia Plan to Reduce Gun Violence Act I’ve proposed with Senator Mark Warner.

I cosponsored and voted for the Women’s Health Protection Act, and although it failed because of Republicans, I am unwavering in my commitment to defending women’s rights and women’s health. That’s why I’m working with a bipartisan group of colleagues to protect those rights legislatively. The fight for reproductive freedom is not over."

With the obligatory SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! exhortation.

So, I decided to send him a response back...

"Tim,

The concept that you're "fighting for American values" is as laughable as it is reprehensible.

Members of your own party are demanding the destruction of the Supreme Court because you didn't get your way.

Your party values the murder of innocent children over exercising the death penalty to punish the worst law-breakers in our society.

And your party is tirelessly attempting to crush the Second Amendment rights of law abiding Americans while crying over the alleged Constitutional Rights of those demanding at will, unlimited term abortions.

You, and your party, are disgusting. "

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
Re: Virginia's senior senator...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 01:02:38 PM »
Well said.   :cool: