Author Topic: Christian Taliban  (Read 962 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Christian Taliban
« on: June 30, 2022, 04:41:49 PM »
Apparently since Ultra MAGA ended up being a flop, other than for the conservative Tshirt companies, they are going with "Christian Taliban" now.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/30/rep-adam-kinzinger-says-normal-christians-need-to-call-out-the-christian-taliban/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: Christian Taliban
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 05:48:01 PM »
What would Kinzinger know about Christianity.  I just love how the party of unity and love and acceptance keeps dividing us.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 07:26:49 PM »
Apparently since Ultra MAGA ended up being a flop, other than for the conservative Tshirt companies, they are going with "Christian Taliban" now.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/30/rep-adam-kinzinger-says-normal-christians-need-to-call-out-the-christian-taliban/

Really need context for her remarks.  There are people I worry about, but they probably aren't on Kinsinger's radar.

And the solution is less government.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 09:14:10 PM »
If done correctly, a Christian Taliban shirt could be a hoot!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 11:25:02 PM »
What would the mission of the "Christian Taliban" be?

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 11:44:09 PM »
Hey, I'll admit to being a member of the Christian Taliban if the Democrats will give ME as much in the way of military munitions as their leader Joe Biden gave the Moslem Taliban in Afghanistan!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 12:14:42 AM »
What would the mission of the "Christian Taliban" be?

To frighten Democrats, and get them to vote. And to make Democrats look slightly less insane by comparison.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 03:41:36 AM »
To frighten Democrats, and get them to vote. And to make Democrats look slightly less insane by comparison.

✔ Like. :rofl:
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 09:42:59 AM »
I don't see many roving bands if Christians acting like the Taliban, but I sure do see roving bands a Woke Taliban, and a while bunch of big companies and media outlets supporting them too.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 10:55:38 AM »
This link is at the bottom.  It may be what this guy is responding to.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger says Rep. Lauren Boebert’s view of religion and the state is no different than the Taliban
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/29/rep-adam-kinzinger-says-rep-lauren-boeberts-view-of-religion-and-the-state-is-no-different-than-the-taliban/

Boebert says she is ‘tired’ of separation between church and state: ‘The church is supposed to direct the government’
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3540071-boebert-says-she-is-tired-of-separation-between-church-and-state-the-church-is-supposed-to-direct-the-government/

In a Sunday speech at the Cornerstone Christian Center in Basalt, Colo., ahead of her primary election on Tuesday, Boebert argued that “the government is not supposed to direct the church,” saying that dividing religion from the system of government was not what the Founding Fathers intended.
-----------------
“The reason we had so many overreaching regulations is because the church complied,” she said. “The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church. That is not how our Founding Fathers intended it.”

I doubt I would state things that way, but she may have said a lot more and the article only gives the two quotes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 10:57:03 AM »
So does this mean we're going to start seeing free flying lessons off roof tops soon?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 11:28:22 AM »
So does this mean we're going to start seeing free flying lessons off roof tops soon?

I doubt it, but maybe that would make the media respect Christians more.   =)

Not that we care what they think.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2022, 11:33:36 AM »
"Christofascists"

Lefty blue-check’s unhinged rant over SCOTUS ‘christofascists’ warns that ‘they want to harvest your babies from your dead bodies’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/07/01/lefty-blue-checks-unhinged-rant-over-scotus-christofascists-warns-that-they-want-to-harvest-your-babies-from-your-dead-bodies/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2022, 12:26:44 PM »
What would Kinzinger know about Christianity.  I just love how the party of unity and love and acceptance keeps dividing us.

Kinzinger is a "know nothing RINO" who voted with "putrid Pelosi" to pass this most recent gun bill.  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 12:50:53 PM »
"Christofascists"

Lefty blue-check’s unhinged rant over SCOTUS ‘christofascists’ warns that ‘they want to harvest your babies from your dead bodies’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/07/01/lefty-blue-checks-unhinged-rant-over-scotus-christofascists-warns-that-they-want-to-harvest-your-babies-from-your-dead-bodies/

From one of the replies:  "immanentize the eschaton"    =)

Anyway, isn't harvesting babies a Planned Parenthood thing?     Well, baby parts at least ...
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2022, 12:53:19 PM »
From one of the replies:  "immanentize the eschaton"    =)

Anyway, isn't harvesting babies a Planned Parenthood thing?     Well, baby parts at least ...

When in doubt project
- Calvin and Hobbes