Author Topic: New pistol for the National Nuclear Security Administration  (Read 389 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/u-s-nuclear-convoy-guards-new-pistol-looks-right-out-of-john-wick?fbclid=IwAR0dqwEfpek55oLqqQPJOoWHEZ8VGZSbQ2cxJh2be9wFPM4hTBMm3GEHjBA

A ZEV pistol is the basis.  I believe I once saw one of these convoys on their way to the Trident base at Bangor.  It was after the white trains stopped being used due to the protestors on the tracks.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: New pistol for the National Nuclear Security Administration
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 10:02:49 AM »
Interesting. I'd like to read the sole source justification for it. It may very well be valid, but that's one heck of a high dollar pistol. I'm sure there's a hefty discount (and good advertising for Zev), but still.

I've mentioned often that I never liked my old gen2 Glock 23 mostly because of ergonomics (but also probably because of the snappy .40). I was actually looking at re-evaluating my dislike of the Glock frame, partially due to comments here about the newer generations, and maybe using the Cabelas bucks I have to get a G19 or G45 for free and give it another whirl.

While perusing, I started looking into the Zevs, which I have glanced at, but never researched. They apparently use a 1911ish grip design, which piqued my interest given my 1911 fanboi status. I'd give one a whirl over a Glock except that the $1200ish price is a little hard to justify. Their ARs seem to be competitively priced, but their pistols are all high dollar.

They are currently doing a big PR push with the Christian Craighead (former SAS guy) designed OZ9 (at $2200).

https://www.zevtechnologies.com/craighead-oz9
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 10:29:18 AM »
^^^Kind of odd that the Craighead pistol pays homage to the significance of the number '22' in Mr. Craighead's life, and I just learned today that ZEV is in Centralia, which is a small town about half the way between Seattle and Portland on I-5.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 10:59:51 AM »
Gold plated versions for supervisors?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 12:32:11 PM »

I've mentioned often that I never liked my old gen2 Glock 23 mostly because of ergonomics (but also probably because of the snappy .40). I was actually looking at re-evaluating my dislike of the Glock frame, partially due to comments here about the newer generations, and maybe using the Cabelas bucks I have to get a G19 or G45 for free and give it another whirl.

If you do, as a fellow southpaw, I highly recommend Tyrant CNC's extended slide release.  I have one on my G17 and my G19x.  Makes reloads and manipulation a breeze.  I also am coming to really enjoy the G19x/G45 size.

On the OP, that seems an interesting gun to pick as a secondary weapon.  I suspect they have a good budget, and their armorer already rocked a gucci glock, so that's what they went with.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 03:55:20 PM »
Well, this stupid thread now has a Glock 45 on its way to me. Cabelas had them $100 off for the 4th, so free gun with 80 points to spare.  :laugh:

Dogmush - noted on the slide release. I will look that up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."