Author Topic: Minneapolis Public schools codify their racism  (Read 996 times)

dogmush

• friend
Minneapolis Public schools codify their racism
« on: August 16, 2022, 10:35:08 AM »
Doom scrolling through the Web this morning, I came across the pieces linked below.  (the reason article first, then I dug up the Star-Tribune article to make sure it wasn't made up).  The TL:DR version is to end a strike this summer the Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) and the Minneapolis Federation of Teachers (MFT) penned a new collective bargaining agreement.  A union and a woke school board, what could go wrong?  Well, they included language that specifically calls out race as the factor to consider in layoffs.  As in, when laying off teachers, seniority is to be considered after race.  No word on where or if performance is considered for layoffs.

I am not overly surprised by the sentiment as that's been on display for a while, I'm just curious if the result will be lawsuits and (more) SCOTUS precedent, or just a talent drain of available teachers in the MPS, leading to even more poor education among that cities poor.  I guess we'll see.

The Reason article with lots of handy court cites:
https://reason.com/volokh/2022/08/15/race-based-layoff-scheme-at-minneapolis-schools/

The Star-Tribune article, that is predictably glowing:
https://www.startribune.com/new-minneapolis-teacher-contract-language-disrupts-seniority-to-protect-educators-of-color/600179265/

HankB

• friend
Re: Minneapolis Public schools codify their racism
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 11:05:02 AM »
Public schools are institutions, and it's clear that the Minneapolis Public School officals have joined the teacher's union leadership in a conspiracy to embrace and impose institutional racism in defiance of the law, the Constitution, and numerous prior and binding court decisions.

I expect the Attorney General, Merrick Garland, will uphold his oath to ". . . well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office . . . " and have the DOJ investigate and potentially prosecute both the school district and the union, as well as the individuals involved in this blatantly racist conspiracy to deprive teachers of their civil rights.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 11:23:41 AM »
Equality is so 1960s
Equity is the name of the game now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 01:16:16 PM »
Anything to screw white men.

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 03:17:21 PM »
Equality is so 1960s
Equity is the name of the game now.

I remember about four or five years ago I saw that term Equity used in that context for the first time.  I actually thought they had made a mistake and were confusing the word with Equality.  Little did I know they were coining a phrase meaning "we get what we want".
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 04:21:00 PM »
Anything to screw white men.

Except most teachers, especially in Minneapolis, are white women.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 04:23:35 PM »
Not for long.......

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 04:41:26 PM »

How dare you assume their gender?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 06:15:56 PM »
How dare you assume their gender?
How dare you assume their race or ethnicity?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 06:56:02 PM »

I wonder what would happen if they all suddenly self-identify as black?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 11:35:06 PM »

I'm sure they will fire the white men first.

Unless the men are homosexual or transvestites.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 12:36:45 AM »
I'm sure they will fire the white men first.

Unless the men are homosexual or transvestites.
Male lesbians?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 09:43:38 AM »
Male lesbians?

Yeah.  Most male transvestites think they are "lesbians."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 10:08:15 AM »
Yeah.  Most male transvestites think they are "lesbians."
I was thinking more along the lines of Benny Hill or Flip Wilson.

(Umm . . . on second thought, those might not be good examples . . . )

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 10:41:43 PM »
Considering all the crazy stuff white people are teaching them can you blame them?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.