Author Topic: UPS cuts off gun parts retailers  (Read 2998 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
UPS cuts off gun parts retailers
« on: July 01, 2022, 05:47:51 PM »
Hope no one has any gun parts currently in shipment by UPS.
My guess if a retailer sold "ghost" gun parts in any form they're on the target list.

United Parcel Service is terminating the accounts of gun dealers across the country. Any packages currently in the UPS system may be “seized and destroyed.”

In a letter sent to one Florida gun dealer, Ghost Firearms, UPS said they were terminating the account because they “may be violating” laws concerning homemade firearm parts.

Retail giant Brownells told their customers in a Facebook post Friday that they too were terminated by UPS

“Heads up! UPS has made the decision to no longer accept Brownells packages,” the post states. “We are working to put an email together to send to customers who have their account defaulted to UPS, or who have open orders with UPS selected as the carrier.”.

BREAKING: UPS Cuts Off Gun Parts Retailers for Selling ‘Ghost Guns,’ Threatens to Seize and Destroys In-Transit Packages
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-ups-cuts-off-gun-retailers-for-selling-ghost-guns-threatens-to-seize-and-destroys-in-transit-packages/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: UPS cuts off gun parts retailers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 05:51:56 PM »
Seizing and destroying legal items already bought and paid for, and doing so as a provider of interstate shipping (i.e. interstate commerce)? Wow, no legal liability there at all.

In addition to the potential ICC and RICO violations, some states also have treble damages clauses. This will quickly get nasty.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 05:53:52 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 05:58:27 PM »
 "to unauthorized locations"
I would think the retailers were taking care of that issue on their own already.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 05:59:38 PM »
Holy crap. Cutting off people like Brownell's goes far beyond "ghost gun" parts. There must have been some communication between UPS and fed.gov for this to happen.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 06:04:34 PM »
"Violating applicable laws" Seriously?

Dear UPS, please state the applicable law being violated.

Please note, "law" and "regulation" are not synonymous. Any reply must reference in its entirety the relevant and/or applicable local, state, or federal statute. References to a government agency's determination not directly associated with and backed in strict stated provision by statute law are irrelevant and will be subject to immediate and aggressive legal challenge.

Also, please note that [STATE NAME] is a Treble Damages state. Any monetary losses to our organization will be aggressively pursued under this provision. Monetary losses include, but are not limited to, property loss, legal fees, and actual professional expenses associated with related actions, .

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 06:07:01 PM »
Holy crap. Cutting off people like Brownell's goes far beyond "ghost gun" parts. There must have been some communication between UPS and fed.gov for this to happen.

That's what I'm thinking.  The current administration is full of sacks of excrement that would happily do something like this.
Maybe the recent SCOTUS 2A ruling pissed someone off.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 06:07:29 PM »

From a couple a days ago

New York City sues companies over sales of unfinished firearms **Update** State files seperate suit
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/29/new-york-city-sues-companies-over-sales-of-unfinished-firearms-n59870

Note the retailers listed

The businesses named in Attorney General James’ lawsuit are among the nation’s leading gun distributors. They include Brownells, Inc. (Brownells), Blackhawk Manufacturing Group (80 Percent Arms), Salvo Technologies, Inc. (80 P Builder or 80P Freedom Co), G.S. Performance, LLC (Glockstore), Indie Guns, LLC (Indie Guns), Primary Arms, LLC (Primary Arms), Arm or Ally, LLC (Arm or Ally), Rainier Arms, LLC (Rainier Arms), KM Tactical LLC, and Rock Slide USA, LLC (Rock Slide).
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 06:12:22 PM »
Any bets on how long UPS takes to stop handling anything firearm related?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 06:14:50 PM »
Any bets on how long UPS takes to stop handling anything firearm related?

It's certainly a vulnerable back door. USPS would be easy for them, and already restricts a bunch of gun stuff. Then Fedex and then what?

"Ghost gun parts" are mostly the same parts in any old gun. Their (the gov and their anti-gun allies) definition is nebulous.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 06:26:08 PM »
Can someone post the law they are basing this on?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2022, 06:34:24 PM »
Buy stock in DHL.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2022, 06:47:09 PM »
Buy stock in DHL.

DHL's final point of service is the USPS most of the time, most especially in rural areas. They are also a kraut company, so will likely fold like a cheap suit if the ATF comes a knockin'.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2022, 06:48:27 PM »
My guess is that they have someone on their legal team who told them that they could end up being party to a lawsuit if someone gets shot by something that they delivered.

Or stabbed. Or bludgeoned. Or blowed up. Or runned over.

Oh, wait...
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 10:42:35 PM »
IANAL, but their threat to "seize and destroy" packages in transit to multiple states from multiple shippers sounds very much like a criminal conspiracy to commit interstate felony theft.

RICO charges against the CEO and board of directors, anyone? (What's the statute of limitations? Merrick Garland won't be AG forever.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2022, 10:44:36 PM »
IANAL, but their threat to "seize and destroy" packages in transit to multiple states from multiple shippers sounds very much like a criminal conspiracy to commit interstate felony theft.

RICO charges against the CEO and board of directors, anyone? (What's the statute of limitations? Merrick Garland won't be AG forever.)

Not like Brandon's DOJ will even look at it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2022, 11:23:08 PM »
My guess is that they have someone on their legal team who told them that they could end up being party to a lawsuit if someone gets shot by something that they delivered.

Or stabbed. Or bludgeoned. Or blowed up. Or runned over.

Oh, wait...
I am thinking someone told them they might be held liable for delivering "firearms". 

Personally, I am surprised UPS wouldn't tell them to pound sand or at least push back a lot.  They don't know what is in any of the packages they deliver.  Allowing the govt or anyone to force them to self regulate more than they already do just makes their business more complicated. 

I wonder if we will find out more about the source of this pretty soon. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2022, 11:25:48 PM »
Not like Brandon's DOJ will even look at it.

They probably nudged them into doing it
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2022, 11:45:59 PM »
I sense a great business opportunity for someone near Brownells to set up a company that just picks up packages from Brownells, puts their own labels on them, and ships them via UPS.

"Martha's Quilting Supplies" has a nice ring to it ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2022, 04:57:04 AM »
I sense a great business opportunity for someone near Brownells to set up a company that just picks up packages from Brownells, puts their own labels on them, and ships them via UPS.

"Martha's Quilting Supplies" has a nice ring to it ...

Sounds like an additional layer of unnecessary cost.

griz

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2022, 07:05:56 AM »
Might start a niche market for quilting bee hearing protection.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2022, 12:36:53 PM »
Guns and Gadgets has picked up the story.
Don't think there's anything new in the video that we don't already know.

BREAKING NEWS: UPS To Destroy Packages From 2A Locations?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC_7zpzHTEk
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 01:42:58 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2022, 05:45:39 PM »
their website says they ship firearms under certain circumstances and also list firearms as prohibited
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2022, 08:27:06 PM »
their website says they ship firearms under certain circumstances and also list firearms as prohibited

Make sure you're not on a UPS franchise site, they won't ship guns. Those idiots will act like it's illegal to do so. UPS corp will.
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2022, 10:47:56 PM »
Time to buy 10 sprinter vans and custom deliver on a circuit starting out at Midway and Brownells and making laps of the country.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.