Author Topic: Larry Vickers - "Why I'm Fat"  (Read 542 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Larry Vickers - "Why I'm Fat"
« on: July 02, 2022, 09:56:10 AM »
An older video by Larry Vickers that likely popped up on my youtube recommendations because of the 4th of July. He talks about why he, a former Delta guy, is fat now, and what the alternatives to "fat" might have been. Worth the watch regarding sacrifice to country.

He mentions the youtube experts that wonder why they should listen to a fat "tactical" guy.

https://youtu.be/s4M7ud5gk8g
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Unisaw

• friend
Re: Larry Vickers - "Why I'm Fat"
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 05:09:03 PM »
Hah!  I remember when that first came out.  I ran into Larry once at my then-local range (West Coast Armory) when he was teaching a class.  Fat or not, he still had the bearing that said "Don't *uck with me."

Does anyone in the APS braintrust know how he is doing with his battle against cancer?
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 05:28:54 PM »
I've known one vouched-for SEAL... Old fat man. Pot belly. His idea of PT was Party Tray.

And he didn't know how to quit.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 07:35:12 PM »
We had a SEAL detachment on the boat in the Med in '89. They had some sooperdooper secret mission where we were gonna drop them off the coast of one of the shitholeistans and they were gonna go do SEAL *expletive deleted*it and egress to somewhere friendly on their own. Mission got scrubbed and they stayed with us for a couple of weeks. They had some really neat toys and by and large they were all a bunch of stand up guys though crazier than a junebug on a hot plate.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams