Author Topic: 4th of July parade shooting  (Read 5629 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
4th of July parade shooting
« on: July 04, 2022, 12:42:16 PM »
Highland Park, Il which is outside Chicago.

Developing story.
Reports of multiple people down

Illinois 4th of July parade erupts into chaos after multiple people shot: Report
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chaos-erupts-multiple-people-are-shot-4th-july-parade

Miles Zaremski, a Highland Park resident, told the Sun-Times: “I heard 20 to 25 shots, which were in rapid succession. So it couldn’t have been just a handgun or a shotgun.”

Zaremski said that after the shots at Central Avenue around Second Avenue in downtown Highland Park, he saw “people in that area that got shot,” including “a woman covered with blood . . . She did not survive.”
Mass shooting at Highland Park Fourth of July parade, multiple people shot
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/4/23194354/highland-park-fourth-july-parade-gunfire
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: 4th of July parade shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 12:58:36 PM »
Suspect still on the loose
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 01:16:28 PM »
Dan Ponce
@DanPonceTV
Witnesses say the shooter was on the roof of Uncle Dan’s and fired into parade.  5 or 6 shots, then a pause, then 5 or 6 more shots.  The shooter is still at large and North Shore residents are being asked to stay inside.  #highlandpark @WGNNews
https://twitter.com/DanPonceTV/status/1543994880594247682
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »
Sick and tired of this *expletive deleted*it
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 02:04:13 PM »
Police report 6 dead ~2 dozen seriously injured
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 02:20:35 PM »
That is a well to do area outside of Chicago, so I'm guessing white guy with an AR maybe even an 80% lower.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 02:39:27 PM »
That is a well to do area outside of Chicago, so I'm guessing white guy with an AR maybe even an 80% lower.

Agenda-Free TV kept emphasizing "wealthy area" over and over again.
Agenda-Free should be quotes since the guy can be a full on agenda leftest from time to time but if you can ignore that he's good for raw info.
Sometimes people push the right buttons in chat and he has had on screen meltdowns and his inner leftest comes out.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:48:01 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 02:48:43 PM »
Still looking for the guy

The gunman, who has not yet been identified, was described by Highland Park police as a white man between 18 and 20 years old with a small build and "longer" black hair. He is wearing a white or blue T-shirt, according to Highland Park Police Cmmd. Chris O'Neill.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 04:44:12 PM »
Reading he left the weapon behind. 25-30 rapid shots.

I wish all these people would just off themselves and leave everyone else alone.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 05:03:17 PM »
Reading he left the weapon behind. 25-30 rapid shots.

Left it behind? How convenient. Knee-jerk first thought on that is some lefty sicko trying for a frame-up of conservatives, scary black rifles, and "high capacity" mags.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2022, 05:07:49 PM »
Left it behind? How convenient. Knee-jerk first thought on that is some lefty sicko trying for a frame-up of conservatives, scary black rifles, and "high capacity" mags.

Brad

Probably so he could blend in with the running crowd.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2022, 05:11:13 PM »
Probably so he could blend in with the running crowd.

Yeah, I know. That's logical analysis, but what with all the sociopolitical chaos right now, the tin foil is pulled a bit tight.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2022, 05:11:47 PM »
After deadly parade shooting, David Hogg’s buddy asks if anyone’s seen Kyle Rittenhouse recently
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/04/after-deadly-parade-shooting-david-hoggs-buddy-asks-if-anyones-seen-kyle-rittenhouse-recently/

Saw people blaming Rittenhouse in chats. You would think they're trolling but you got to wonder some days

:facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2022, 05:38:09 PM »
Yeah, I know. That's logical analysis, but what with all the sociopolitical chaos right now, the tin foil is pulled a bit tight.

Brad

I had to go find my tin foil when I made my first post. I spent a lot of time in the Chicago area, grew up in fly over land and have been to the south many times. The most racist people I ever meet are in Chicago. 

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2022, 05:41:24 PM »
I had to go find my tin foil when I made my first post. I spent a lot of time in the Chicago area, grew up in fly over land and have been to the south many times. The most racist people I ever meet are in Chicago.

Haven't spent much time in Hawaii interacting with Pacific Islanders I see.  =|

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2022, 05:44:01 PM »
Temple says that 19 of the 25 gunshot victims were treated and have been discharged home.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/illinois-shooting-july-fourth-parade-07-04-22/index.html 

???

Seems a bit odd IMHO
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2022, 05:50:54 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/illinois-shooting-july-fourth-parade-07-04-22/index.html 

???

Seems a bit odd IMHO

A lot of those may have been self transport. It could be anything from anxiety attack, scraped knees from falling down to much more serious. Usually most, if not all, of the self transporters are treated and released.

bob

eta: It is also a lot harder to get compensated by the state or other methods if you don't show some type of immediate injury, says the cynical me.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2022, 05:54:01 PM »
A lot of those may have been self transport. It could be anything from anxiety attack, scraped knees from falling down to much more serious. Usually most, if not all, of the self transporters are treated and released.

bob

What I thought but it says "gunshot victims "
Could be a reporter being a "reporter"
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2022, 05:56:24 PM »
A suspect has been named Something Something the III
22 year old
Driving a 2010 Honda Fit IL plates
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2022, 06:01:10 PM »
In a chat
" Honda Fit = incel car"
 :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2022, 06:08:28 PM »
What I thought but it says "gunshot victims "
Could be a reporter being a "reporter"

I read that also, it does seem odd. It could also be something like scratches or minor wounds from shrapnel or pieces of concrete, etc hitting them. We will never know for sure, that I am sure of.

bob

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2022, 06:09:40 PM »
There is a photo out there of the AR mounted on a tripod up on a roof. Just from a casual look at it it appears to be a spendy looking set up.

Highland Park is northside, very Jewish. It wouldn't surprise me if this gets spun as a hate crime.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2022, 06:13:47 PM »
He has a YT channel
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2022, 06:20:03 PM »
Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports
Law enforcement sources said they recovered an AR-15 and that he may have at least three other firearms in his possession Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call authorities.
- Calvin and Hobbes