Author Topic: 4th of July parade shooting  (Read 5663 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: 4th of July parade shooting
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2022, 05:11:57 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfmsTaRDqPv/
Mrgunsngear posted this on his Instagram.  Video of the parade area (not the shooting itself) and you can hear the shots.  Sounds like someone doing a mag dump in semi-auto, not really aiming. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2022, 05:16:56 PM »
Yeah this guy was stable and still able to get a fudd card.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/police-two-prior-contacts-alleged-highland-park-shooter

So the vaunted FOID card, fixer of all things firearms-related and guarantor of absolute peace amongst man, did nothing to stop this incident?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2022, 05:26:37 PM »
So the vaunted FOID card, fixer of all things firearms-related and guarantor of absolute peace amongst man, did nothing to stop this incident?

Brad

They also already have red flag laws and parades are gun free zones so there is all that stuff that worked to stop this.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2022, 05:36:25 PM »
Highland Park police hold news conference on shooting investigation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4yLdgGqQM

7 dead now
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2022, 05:44:06 PM »
Still no motive
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2022, 05:44:37 PM »
Rifle was found in a red blanket behind Ross's (sp?)
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2022, 05:45:22 PM »
Rather than wade through all the prior posts can someone give a highly condensed summary of the events?  Missed most coverage as I was busy trying (and only modestly succeeding at) to catch crab over the weekend.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2022, 05:53:12 PM »
He drove to Wisconsin before going back to Il
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2022, 05:54:12 PM »
Press keeps asking about his FOID card
No real info
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2022, 05:57:19 PM »
End
No new info other than above
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2022, 06:09:43 PM »
From the Fox News update feed. Story by Bradford Betz. Posted 07/05/2022.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/highland-park-illinois-fourth-of-july-parade-shooting

Highland Park mass shooting suspect had two prior incidents, police said
Robert Crimo, the suspect in the Highland Park Fourth of July parade shooting that killed seven and wounded dozens, was involved in two incidents prior to the massacre, police said Tuesday.

In April 2019, an individual called police a week after learning of Crimo attempting suicide, authorities said. Police said the matter was handled by mental health professionals with no law enforcement.

In September 2019, a family member reported Crimo had a collection of knives and “was going to kill everyone,” authorities said. Police responded to the incident and removed the weapons from Crimo’s possession, police said. Highland Park police notified State Police of the incident but no further actions were taken.

So... not one but two discrete events which should have triggered an Ill Annoy FOID card rejection or revocation, yet he still had one?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2022, 06:20:40 PM »
And IL has red flag laws
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2022, 06:22:53 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2022, 06:27:35 PM »
Blames guns, the NRA, and manages to throw Rittenhouse and Trump in.

When the Kyle Rittenhouses of the world are acquitted on all charges and afterward invited by the ex-president to visit him at his luxury resort and military style weapons are made more and more available to just about anyone who wants them, these mass shootings are only going to get worse. We are teaching those who may have leanings toward this kind of behavior that there are no consequences for their actions. In fact, they are now being hailed as heroes, well at least at Mar-a-Lago, where this kind of behavior is encouraged and applauded.

Highland Park tragedy proof that gun violence is not just a Chicago problem
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/7/5/23195295/highland-park-chicago-mass-shooting-gun-violence-assault-weapon-robert-bobby-crimo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 06:57:47 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2022, 06:28:16 PM »
 WATCH: Illinois State’s Attorney’s office to discuss charges in Fourth of July shooting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7HAfchVZAE
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2022, 06:51:04 PM »
SA is proposing red flag laws (Il already has them) and calling for the banning of assault weapons
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2022, 06:58:58 PM »
Meanwhile

Chicago shootings: 71 shot, 8 killed in 4th of July weekend violence, CPD says
https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shooting-weekend-shootings-violence-crime/12019829/

The same politicians and MSM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Jq0QqK4k0

Make that 92 shot and 15 dead
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2022, 07:33:26 PM »
Yep, looks like your typical Trump supporting extreme far right wing white supremacist

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2022, 07:34:57 PM »
His disguise that day

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2022, 07:41:38 PM »
Something keeps bugging me and it could the audio quality of the videos but I keep thinking the shots sounded more pistol cal like to me. Something along the lines of a Sub 2000 would make sense in sneaking a gun in.
I do notice what appears to be backpack straps in the above photo
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2022, 07:46:32 PM »
Noticed google may be limiting access to photos of him. Only 7 just came up now whereas earlier a hundred or more came up. Duck Duck go still works fine
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2022, 07:56:52 PM »
His mother yelling at police. Yeah, she looks real stable.  Note how they felt the need to blur out a certain part of her body.
Anyway... Apparently a UPS store where she has a box has been close by the police. Hmmmm

Highland Park mass shooting suspect's mother at center of some police contact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhy4LlJAPBE
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2022, 07:58:14 PM »
Something keeps bugging me and it could the audio quality of the videos but I keep thinking the shots sounded more pistol cal like to me. Something along the lines of a Sub 2000 would make sense in sneaking a gun in.
I do notice what appears to be backpack straps in the above photo
Pistol was my first thought, but rifle is possible.  Could also be an AR style pistol or something real short. 

I am a bit surprised no one saw him pulling the weapon out and making it ready.  Maybe they did. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2022, 08:08:48 PM »
Pistol was my first thought, but rifle is possible.  Could also be an AR style pistol or something real short. 

I am a bit surprised no one saw him pulling the weapon out and making it ready.  Maybe they did.

Thought about an AR pistol or something along the lines of a Draco. But they do keep saying rifle and I'm hoping the police can at the very least get that right. Yeah, I know...
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2022, 08:25:42 PM »
Crimo is also accused of 'sizing up' the Central Avenue Synagogue in Highland Park, Illinois, according to the Times of Israel.

Rabbi Yosef Schanowitz is quoted by the website as saying that he recognized the suspect from an incident that occurred in April 2022. The rabbi said: 'During the last Passover holiday, that person entered the Chabad synagogue. We have an armed security guard sitting in front… I approached him and sternly asked him to leave as I noticed he was not a member of our community.'

In a separate interview with Forward.com, the congregation's head of security Martin Blumenthal said of Crimo: 'He was definitely sizing up the synagogue.'

Also note the numerous occurrences of the number 47. No only the tattoo but also on his car and social media posts
AK-47? 47 as in 4th of July? 47 as in 1947 when the UN  approved the plan to partition Palestine into a Jewish and Arab state? That would connect with the above.

Highland Park shooter Robert Crimo is charged with seven counts of first-degree murder: Interviewed by cops twice in 2019 after he threatened to 'kill everyone' and had 16 knives, dagger and sword confiscated - but wasn't arrested
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10985319/Highland-Park-shooter-interviewed-cops-TWICE-2019.html
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 08:38:21 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes