Author Topic: 4th of July parade shooting  (Read 5505 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: 4th of July parade shooting
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2022, 08:45:42 PM »
I saw something that said he left a tripod-mounted firearm behind? Any corroboration?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2022, 08:49:02 PM »
I saw something that said he left a tripod-mounted firearm behind? Any corroboration?

I heard that but in a press conferences they said the rifle was found wrapped in a red blanket behind Ross's (store/shop)
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2022, 10:15:35 PM »
So I figure someone didn't have their story straight....

Did anyone else read John D. McDonald's Grim Reaper? It described a group of "commie hippies" back around 1970 or so, that their handlers trained to spray and pray... Sounds like more than a few "mass shooters."

Because... Gee, if I had been doing something like that? Or Vegas? Or...

I WOULD NEVER DO THAT - THIS IS ONLY A MENTAL EXERCISE INTO THE TACTICS OF THE ACTUAL PERPETRATORS!!!!!!

Damn, they didn't do it all that well... It's like they never even heard of the concept of the L-shaped ambush, much less grazing fire.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2022, 10:22:26 PM »
Anyone else wondering how they named him as a suspect so soon afterwards if he was disguised?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2022, 11:08:43 PM »
Anyone else wondering how they named him as a suspect so soon afterwards if he was disguised?

They already said it was a social media search.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2022, 08:26:18 AM »
They already said it was a social media search.

The speed with which they did so is almost enough to make me think they had a few ideas on who to look for.
I would be willing to bet at this point his pass troubles put him toward the top of certain lists while SOMEHOW failing to disqualifying him for a FOID card at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 08:53:12 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2022, 08:37:10 AM »
His father co-signed his FOID card in 2019 despite knowing the kid had serious issues
Some question just how much effect, if any, this possibly had in over riding FOID red flags

How the Highland Park Shooter Reportedly Obtained His Guns Is Beyond Ridiculous
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/07/06/how-the-highland-park-shooter-got-his-gun-n2609795

« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 10:19:40 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: July 06, 2022, 09:07:07 AM »
Lord help us

Vice President Kamala Harris just spoke at the scene of the Highland Park mass shooting.

“We have to take this stuff seriously, as seriously as you are because you have been forced to take this seriously,” she said.
https://twitter.com/JakeSheridan_/status/1544479335008051200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1544479335008051200%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Ffoundersgirl-313133%2F2022%2F07%2F06%2Fkamala-harris-seriously-bumbles-through-another-seriously-redundant-press-conference-seriously%2F

- Calvin and Hobbes

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #108 on: July 06, 2022, 09:22:00 AM »
What wespon(s) were used?  If LE has made that public, I’ve missed it.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2022, 09:26:25 AM »
What wespon(s) were used?  If LE has made that public, I’ve missed it.

Couple pages back
"Similar to an AR-15" is all we've gotten so far.
Could mean anything from an AR-15 variant to it's black and has a long magazine.

My guess is that they're keeping quiet about it because this way only the shooter would know certain details about it and that can be used against him as evidence.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2022, 10:26:57 AM »
The White House normally has speech writers to help with stuff like that.  Hers must be pretty bad. 

However, this really sounds like she was trying to speak off the cuff and is just bad at it.  I am surprised she didn't break into laughter as she has done in the past.  Maybe people have been working with her to stop doing that. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 12:04:43 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2022, 10:30:57 AM »
The White House normally has speech writers to help with stuff like that.  Hers much be pretty bad. 

However, this really sounds like she was trying to speak off the cuff and is just bad at it.  I am surprised she didn't break into laughter as she has done in the past.  Maybe people have been working with her to stop doing that.
She's just following the old adage relating to presentations about telling them three times (tell them what you're going to tell them; tell them; tell them what you told them).  She's just being efficient and doing it in one sentence.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »
The White House normally has speech writers to help with stuff like that.  Hers much be pretty bad.

I have yet to see a single person in this admin that isn't totally incompetent and isn't confused as blank in some way.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2022, 10:57:42 AM »
As much as I hate FOIDs and Red Flag laws somebody dropped the ball hard.
    Illinois State Police said they received a Clear and Present Danger report in September 2019 about Crimo.

The report was in connection to a threat he allegedly made against his family. No one, including members of his family, was willing to move forward on a complaint, ISP said.

No arrests were made at that time.

At the time of the incident, Crimo did not have a FOID card to revoke, and did not have a pending FOID application to deny, police said.

Then, in December 2019, at 19, Crimo applied for a FOID card and was sponsored by his father.

At the time, ISP said there were insufficient basis to establish a clear and present danger and deny the application.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/07/06/how-the-highland-park-suspect-got-guns-legally-despite-threats-of-violence-n60089

Two months after getting a Clear and Present Danger report on Crimo they issue him a FOID
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2022, 11:36:35 AM »
He drove to Wisconsin before going back to Il

And on the heels of that info coming out

Michael Beschloss
@BeschlossDC
Replying to @BeschlossDC
Any possibility that Highland Park person drove to Wisconsin after yesterday's atrocity in the knowledge that Kyle Rittenhouse was "acquitted of all charges" after shootings there?
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/06/nbc-news-presidential-historian-floats-theory-for-why-highland-park-gunman-had-been-in-wisconsin/

Words fail me.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2022, 11:57:50 AM »
According to Richmond police they narrowly avoided their own 4th of July shooting. Suppose to hold a new conference at 14:00

Police received tip of planned Fourth of July mass shooting in Richmond, multiple arrests made
https://www.nbc12.com/2022/07/06/police-received-tip-planned-fourth-july-mass-shooting-richmond-multiple-arrests-made/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2022, 01:12:18 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/highland-park-shooting-suspect-contemplated-carrying-out-another-attack-in-madison-wisconsin-authorities-say/ar-AAZgZmz

Covelli said that the suspect considered carrying out a second attack at a "celebration" in Madison but chose to turn around and drive back to the Chicago suburbs instead because he hadn't fully planned an attack.

Covelli said the suspect had planned to use one of the firearms still in his car, including a Kel Tec Sub 200[sic], a Remington 700, a shotgun, and a Glock.

No confirmation on the type of firearm used in the Highland Park murder spree.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2022, 02:30:06 PM »
According to Richmond police they narrowly avoided their own 4th of July shooting. Suppose to hold a new conference at 14:00

Police received tip of planned Fourth of July mass shooting in Richmond, multiple arrests made
https://www.nbc12.com/2022/07/06/police-received-tip-planned-fourth-july-mass-shooting-richmond-multiple-arrests-made/

They updated the story

Two "non-citizens" were arrested after a tip for plotting a 4th of July mass shooting at Dogwood Dell.(not sure where or what that is) A-Riles and ammo were seized.

No much else so far.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2022, 02:50:07 PM »
M&P 15

Crimo used a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 which he bought in 2020, firing 83 rounds in total
He contemplated a second shooting in Wisconsin at a different parade because he had 60 rounds left 

How they traced the shooting to him so fast
Police used the serial number on that gun to find Crimo and his family

And perhaps an explanation of the number 47.
Police do not yet know exactly what his motive for the killing spree was but on Wednesday they confirmed his fixation on the numbers 47 - the inverse of 7/4, the date of July 4th.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10987379/Lawyer-Highland-Park-shooters-parents-claims-no-red-flags.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 03:27:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2022, 02:59:57 PM »
Family is saying there were no police calls to the house

Meanwhile, his parents' attorney has spoken out in their defense to insist there were 'no red flags' for them to report to police.

On Tuesday night, he appeared on NewsNation to insist his clients Bob Crimo and Denise Pesina have done nothing wrong, and to deny claims by police that they were called to the family house twice in 2019.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 03:28:03 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2022, 03:10:27 PM »
NY Post reports the firearm used in Highland Park is a Smith & Wesson M&P15:

https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/highland-park-suspect-robert-crimo-bought-rifle-online-report/
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2022, 11:03:23 PM »
NY Post reports the firearm used in Highland Park is a Smith & Wesson M&P15:

https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/highland-park-suspect-robert-crimo-bought-rifle-online-report/

Isn't that the model Rittenhouse used?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife