Author Topic: Japan ex-PM Abe shot  (Read 5183 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Japan ex-PM Abe shot
« on: July 07, 2022, 11:31:13 PM »
Reportedly shot in the back while giving a speech. Reported inured.
Not something you see very often in Japan.

Developing story

Japan ex-PM Abe injured after reported gunshot attack
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62089486
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Japan ex-PM Abe shot
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 11:49:25 PM »
"Photo of the suspect that shot Japanese former PM Shinzo Abe. The weapon looks like a custom sawed-off shotgun."
https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1545249495398719488/photo/1
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:24:35 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 11:58:52 PM »
Ex-Tokyo governor Yoichi Masuzoe said in a tweet that Mr Abe was in a state of cardiopulmonary arrest.

The term is often used before a death is officially confirmed in Japan.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 12:06:49 AM »
Second video shows the attempted assassination of former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1545255739345850368
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2022, 01:16:38 AM »
"Photo of the suspect that shot Japanese former PM Shinzo Abe. The weapon looks like a custom sawed-off shotgun."
https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1545249495398719488/photo/1

Homemade, custom, same thing.

bob

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 04:49:36 AM »
Hard to tell what it is.

Home made, "ghost" gun, whatever.  Wouldn't it be an ideal time to set up some addled dude to attempt a killing with a home made gun?

Yeah, I know, Japan, 6k miles away, but something like this would sure fit into the current PTB goals here in the US, and news is instantly world-wide nowadays.  It could have happened the next town over.

Jes' spitballin', skylarkin'.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 02:43:57 PM by 230RN »

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022, 06:12:22 AM »
He has died.

Wonder what's going to happen next?
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2022, 06:32:32 AM »
Just goes to show that we need MORE gun control, confiscation, and anti-Trump measures here in the United States!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2022, 07:12:48 AM »
Just what did he do to piss folks off that much?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2022, 08:00:39 AM »
Looks like a couple of pipes taped together to a board.
Would like to see how he rigged up the trigger and firing mech. Wonder if the Japanese will keep details of the gun under wraps to limit letting people know how to make their own.
Appears to be RC batteries underneath in the 2nd photo

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2022, 08:02:09 AM »
RIP. He seemed like one of the more decent world leaders.

So the shooter allegedly made the shotgun. I'm wondering where he got the ammo components?

I see most everyone in the world has sent condolences at this time except for Biden and Harris.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2022, 08:11:06 AM »
Propellant is easy. Lighting it off was the hard part.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2022, 08:12:03 AM »
Propellant is easy. Lighting it off was the hard part.

Making black powder is easy.
As far as lighting off note the batteries and wires in the 2nd  photo above
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2022, 08:17:40 AM »
Do we know it was black powder? Black powder is easy in the US. I don't know how easy it is to acquire the chemicals in Japan. Also the ignition source.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2022, 08:22:18 AM »
Do we know it was black powder? Black powder is easy in the US. I don't know how easy it is to acquire the chemicals in Japan. Also the ignition source.

I was just saying black powder is easy not that it was black powder and I haven't heard anything official but from the smoke in the videos I would say black powder and given how restrictive Japan is in regards to firearms likely.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2022, 08:22:33 AM »

An RC car battery is visible under the makeshift shotgun.  An electrical igniter isn't all that difficult to fashion from various types of readily available wire with more resistance than copper.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2022, 08:28:15 AM »
RIP. He seemed like one of the more decent world leaders.

So the shooter allegedly made the shotgun. I'm wondering where he got the ammo components?

I see most everyone in the world has sent condolences at this time except for Biden and Harris.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2022, 08:31:28 AM »
From the pictures, don't be surprised if duct tape is going to be restricted as a firearm precursor component . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 08:57:20 AM »
Who shoots a former world leader? Makes one wonder what he was up to in retirement.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2022, 09:00:20 AM »
Who shoots a former world leader? Makes one wonder what he was up to in retirement.
You can't lead a big nation without pissing SOME people off - that's why former US Presidents get lifetime Secret Service protection. And they should.

I wonder how long the shooter is going to stay in a Japanese prison - what little I know about Jap prisons says they're highly regimented and not pleasant.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2022, 09:05:55 AM »
Also being reported several "handmade" weapons found at his home.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2022, 09:06:09 AM »

Fireworks.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2022, 09:10:40 AM »
Fireworks.

IIRC the Boston bombers use the powder from fireworks.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2022, 09:13:49 AM »
I wonder how long the shooter is going to stay in a Japanese prison - what little I know about Jap prisons says they're highly regimented and not pleasant.

I wonder if the assailant will get the death penalty.  I saw a documentary on how Japan does executions.  It is by hanging, and the condemned is not told of the execution date until the morning of the day and the family is not told until after it is done.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.