Author Topic: The Brittney Griner Thing  (Read 11185 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: The Brittney Griner Thing
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2022, 07:21:30 PM »
on the radio news today, they were saying she didn't get a Miranda warning   :facepalm:  :rofl:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2022, 01:46:49 PM »
So they're talking about trading some arms dealer (cue movie bad guy #1) for the pothead who couldn't quit, and... An Ex-Marine who got a bad discharge and who was doing some sort of security gig or something who got popped for spying (great catch-all charge...)...

Let 'em stay in the lovely Russian jails...
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2022, 01:48:24 PM »
So we release a man who sells arms to terrorists to get a famous athlete out of prison for importing drugs to Russia.

The rule of law is dead, dead, dead.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2022, 11:50:32 AM »
https://people.com/sports/brittney-griner-sentenced-to-9-years-in-russian-prison/

A guilty verdict and a nine year sentence for Ms. Griner.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2022, 12:25:03 PM »
https://people.com/sports/brittney-griner-sentenced-to-9-years-in-russian-prison/

A guilty verdict and a nine year sentence for Ms. Griner.

I’m sure she will take it like a man.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2022, 12:27:10 PM »
Could trade Hunter
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2022, 12:35:23 PM »
Could trade Hunter

The Russians aren't that stupid.

Besides, they probably own him already.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2022, 12:58:16 PM »
She pleaded guilty?

Let her serve her time, then.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2022, 01:28:02 PM »
One potential sticky wicket for a prisoner swap:  for years, the Soviets and then the Russians have wanted Aldritch Ames released to Russia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldrich_Ames). Mr. Ames, a CIA officer working for the KGB caused more deaths of Soviet agents working for the CIA until Robert Hanssen came along.  The Feds have consistently said they will not give up Mr. Ames.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2022, 08:47:24 PM »
She pleaded guilty?

Let her serve her time, then.

She was also convicted (in Russia, there's a trial even if the defendant pleads guilty), and she has been sentenced to nine years in prison.

That would effectively end her WNBA career. She's 31 now, so she'd be 40 when she gets out.

I don't buy her "confession." She admits she had cannabis oil and paraphernalia in her luggage, but she claims it was a mistake and that she knew it was illegal and she didn't intend to break any Russian laws. IMHO, she knew perfectly well it was in her luggage, because she put it there -- and she knew it was illegal but she assumed that because of her celebrity status she was immune to the laws.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2022, 11:44:10 PM »
She was making pretty good money, right? Why didn't she have her adams apple shaved down? I understand that that is not a difficult surgery...
Blog under construction

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2022, 12:05:18 AM »
The schadenfreude on this one makes me smile.  She's awful, and awful things happening to her make me happy.

See you in a decade or so,  retard.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2022, 05:04:13 PM »
My hope is the Russians will us as an alarm every morning the American National Anthem.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2022, 05:07:32 PM »
My hope is the Russians will us as an alarm every morning the American National Anthem.

That will just be when the guard wants a blow job.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2022, 05:27:46 PM »
Interestingly, I'm seeing some conservatives come out in favor of a prisoner swap, claiming that the ruskies gave her a harsh sentence as leverage for getting their people back. Stuart Varney did a whole spiel on Fox Business this morning.

I'm willing to concede that the sentence may be harsher than normally called for there (but maybe not), but there wouldn't be a sentence if she didn't bring drugs into freakin' RUSSIA.

Varney ended his spiel saying "Who would travel to Russia? Don't travel to Russia!" I would simply say, don't travel to Russia (or any foreign country) with illegal drugs. Or with an IQ of 74.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2022, 06:00:55 PM »
Interestingly, I'm seeing some conservatives come out in favor of a prisoner swap, claiming that the ruskies gave her a harsh sentence as leverage for getting their people back. Stuart Varney did a whole spiel on Fox Business this morning.

I'm willing to concede that the sentence may be harsher than normally called for there (but maybe not), but there wouldn't be a sentence if she didn't bring drugs into freakin' RUSSIA.

Varney ended his spiel saying "Who would travel to Russia? Don't travel to Russia!" I would simply say, don't travel to Russia (or any foreign country) with illegal drugs. Or with an IQ of 74.

She's lucky it's wasn't a ME country or many E. Asian ones.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2022, 06:34:49 PM »
Look, she's flying.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2022, 07:45:16 PM »

When the " I'm famous and have a Race Card to play"  runs into reality.  She'd been told she can do whatever she wants, all the time for so long she's shocked when the rest of the world treats her as she deserves.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2022, 08:09:55 AM »
One potential sticky wicket for a prisoner swap:  for years, the Soviets and then the Russians have wanted Aldritch Ames released to Russia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldrich_Ames). Mr. Ames, a CIA officer working for the KGB caused more deaths of Soviet agents working for the CIA until Robert Hanssen came along.  The Feds have consistently said they will not give up Mr. Ames.

The feds may have said that but theirs a certain Alzheimer’s patient that will sign anything out in front of him much like Ron Burgundy will say anything you put on a teleprompter and his administration is full of Good Little Communists.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2022, 01:50:37 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2022, 02:13:26 PM »
Talk of a  prisoner swap again.
So we're going to trade this guy for someone who hates the country that gave her everything and got herself in the spot she's in?
I say fry him and let her rot.

Viktor Bout: Russia hopeful for arms dealer prisoner swap with US
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63675119
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2022, 02:23:55 PM »
I saw a week or so ago that she was sent to a penal colony. Likely to put pressure on the US for this swap, since I'm sure the Biden admin is getting swamped by lefty groups at this point to get her back.

Edit: Meant to say "was sent" not "wasn't sent". Sometimes my brain doesn't work right.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 05:41:59 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2022, 04:49:49 PM »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2022, 04:59:49 PM »
If she came back, could she even continue to PLAY professional sports?

Aren't there drug tests involved in women's sports?

I can't help but think about how they went after Lance Armstrong, Roger Clemens, and others even after they'd stopped competing professionally. IIRC, Clemens - a baseball player, a mere entertainer - was actually called up to testify before a congressional committee.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain