Author Topic: The Brittney Griner Thing  (Read 11189 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Brittney Griner Thing
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2022, 08:23:46 AM »
Well, they traded her for the arms dealer:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brittney-griner-released-russian-prison-swap-convicted-arms-dealer

I'm sure that now she'll make a few million on a movie and book deal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2022, 08:43:46 AM »
Bet Oprah already has her booked for a show where we can hear her cry all about it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2022, 10:33:02 AM »
Sure it'll all be America's and Trump's fault she was in prison
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2022, 10:37:38 AM »
In a way her release is a shame.  Are there not other Americans held in Russia?  What about them?  Griner is an embarrassment to America.  She has displayed and spoken that she dislikes her country and an arrogant, self absorbed person who carried a prohibited substance into Russia.  Why not get the releases of other American captives who have done nothing to shame our country first and Griner last.  I have nothing personally against Griner as she is free to speak and act her mind in our America...but to prioritize her over others is shameful virtue signaling.  Just my 2cents.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2022, 10:38:49 AM »
In a way her release is a shame.  Are there not other Americans held in Russia? 

Paul Whelan, for one.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2022, 10:39:18 AM »
In a way her release is a shame.  Are there not other Americans held in Russia?  What about them?  Griner is an embarrassment to America.  She has displayed and spoken that she dislikes her country and an arrogant, self absorbed person who carried a prohibited substance into Russia.  Why not get the releases of other American captives who have done nothing to shame our country first and Griner last.  I have nothing personally against Griner as she is free to speak and act her mind in our America...but to prioritize her over others is shameful virtue signaling.  Just my 2cents.

The very reasons we all hate her is why Biden got her sprung.

She’s a far left black lesbian athlete who hates the US. She checks ALL of the boxes for diversity and worship for the left.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2022, 10:44:23 AM »
I have already noticed the talking heads have shifted to her being arrested for "suspicion of"  or "alleged" drug smuggling.  Blame is already being diverted from her to the evil, nazi, fascist, horrible Russians.  We're just going to ignore the fact that she did, in fact, try to smuggle drugs into Russia.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2022, 10:44:40 AM »

She’s a far left black lesbian athlete who hates the US. She checks ALL of the boxes for diversity and worship for the left.
Exactly. But don't forget she's also a druggie, which is probably a bonus box to check on Biden's diversity checklist.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2022, 11:00:17 AM »
Paul Whelan, for one.

And this trade severely kiboshed his release. He is being held as a spy. Bout should have been his trade. Knight for knight. Trading Bout for Griner is like trading your queen for a pawn.

I don't think we have any other "big names" handy to use for Whelan, who actually broke no Russian laws. I heard Biden's speech on this earlier today. He pretty much insinuated she was innocent and pure as the fresh driven snow (is that racist?) and had committed no crimes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2022, 11:10:10 AM »

I suspect you're preaching to the choir, bro.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wnba-star-brittney-griner-released-from-russian-custody-in-a-high-profile-prisoner-swap-between-the-us-and-moscow/ar-AA152Z5I

President Joe Biden signed off on the trade, which took place in the United Arab Emirates, even though it meant leaving behind Paul Whelan, an American corporate security executive who remains jailed in Russia.

Whelan should have been first, for sure.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2022, 11:14:34 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wnba-star-brittney-griner-released-from-russian-custody-in-a-high-profile-prisoner-swap-between-the-us-and-moscow/ar-AA152Z5I

The first time in the history of the world that anyone associated with the WNBA has been called "high profile".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2022, 12:29:21 PM »
Biden's next stop after his Griner speech announcing the release of an arms dealer was a gun violence love in.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/12/08/heres-what-biden-did-after-releasing-an-arms-dealer-to-secure-brittney-griners-return/

HankB

• friend
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2022, 01:03:59 PM »
Whelan should have been first, for sure.
You mean the ex-marine who was booted out of the USMC with a bad conduct discharge?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2022, 01:27:18 PM »
You mean the ex-marine who was booted out of the USMC with a bad conduct discharge?

Still a better candidate for prisoner swap than Griner.
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2022, 02:44:44 PM »
Still a better candidate for prisoner swap than Griner.
Instead of the arms dealer, I would've offered Chelsea Manning or Bowe Bergdahl for Whelan and left Griner on the table.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2022, 04:48:46 PM »
Trivia note: Viktor Bout was the inspiration for the protagonist in Lord of War.
                         - Barack Obama

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2022, 05:08:54 PM »
Trivia note: Viktor Bout was the inspiration for the protagonist in Lord of War.

I was wondering if that's the same guy-I bet he's LOL ing how this worked out
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2022, 08:44:22 PM »
If Viktor Bout has been executed years ago this would be a  non-issue. 

Clown world.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2022, 10:58:11 PM »
If Viktor Bout has been executed years ago this would be a  non-issue. 

Clown world.

Guy should be laughing his ass off.  He won.  All because of some dumb *expletive deleted*ing WNBA deviant.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2022, 09:27:31 AM »

I think I know what you're trying to say, but if taken literally the implication here seems to be that you hate her in part for her race and sexual orientation.

As for myself, I don't hate her.  Mild distaste is as far as my emotions toward her go. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2022, 09:44:25 AM »
Guy should be laughing his ass off.  He won.  All because of some dumb *expletive deleted*ing WNBA deviant.

I was reminded of this scene in Lord of War...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2022, 09:47:36 AM »
I think I know what you're trying to say, but if taken literally the implication here seems to be that you hate her in part for her race and sexual orientation.

As for myself, I don't hate her.  Mild distaste is as far as my emotions toward her go.

I won't speak for what I think Boomhauer is saying, but for myself, I don't hate her for being black - you don't hate someone for their skin color. I don't hate her for being gay. She's an adult, and she can do things that I don't approve of (with the usual "not hurting anyone" caveats).

I do perhaps dislike rather than hate that she is a stupid moron, or perhaps arrogant, or efficiently, a combination of arrogant and stupid. So stupid and arrogant that she travels to Russia with drugs on her. So stupid and arrogant the she is a "kneeler" and hates the country that just rescued her.

I do hate the people and culture that made "black and gay and woman" a special class of citizen that we all know made her a priority for the exchange. If she were a white hetero male, not only would she still be in a ruskie pokie, but most likely none of us would even know about it.

For the future, I will be interested to see if she continues to kneel and hate the country that came to her rescue at great cost now, and perhaps more in the future if good old Vik goes back in business. I will also be interested to see if, as a "high profile celebrity", she speaks publicly about helping the forgotten others still being held.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2022, 10:12:21 AM »
I won't speak for what I think Boomhauer is saying, but for myself, I don't hate her for being black - you don't hate someone for their skin color. I don't hate her for being gay. She's an adult, and she can do things that I don't approve of (with the usual "not hurting anyone" caveats).
Agreed, but on the flip side, bigots like Democrats do care an awful lot about the color of people's skin and their sexual orientation.

I agree with Boomhauer that she was released largely because of her race, gender, sexual orientation, and political leaning.  Only one of those impacts my feelings toward her. 

Of course, while not entirely deterministic, race, gender, and sexual orientation do certainly have a significant relationship with political leanings in the US.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2022, 11:46:46 AM »
 [tinfoil]

I wonder if this was the Russians' game plan all along: arrest some semi-famous American and wait for Biden to offer a trade.
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2022, 11:48:45 AM »
[tinfoil]

I wonder if this was the Russians' game plan all along: arrest some semi-famous American and wait for Biden to offer a trade.

Probably.  He just got lucky that it was someone both profoundly stupid and also checked all the intersectionality boxes.