Author Topic: Whatever happened to "in loco parentis"?  (Read 599 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Whatever happened to "in loco parentis"?
« on: July 18, 2022, 11:07:01 AM »
Should schools keep students' gender dysphoria secret from the kids' own parents?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gender-transitions-at-school-spur-debate-over-when-or-if-parents-are-told/ar-AAZHh41

Apparently the libtards think so.

Surprising many families nationally, public schools often don’t inform parents when students socially transition. They see confidentiality as a priority — operating under gender-identity guidelines that put student privacy and safety above family consent or knowledge.

Parents across many political beliefs argue that they can’t be supportive if no one tells them that their child came out. They also point out that withholding the information seems wrong, when schools routinely send notes home to parents about lesser matters — playground tussles, missing homework, social events.

A California mother who lives in a suburb outside the Bay Area went two years without knowing her sixth grader had transitioned at school. “Basically, I was the last one to find out,” said the woman, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect her child’s privacy. “They were all saving my kid from me.” The mother only made the discovery, she said, when she took her child to the hospital one day and a doctor told her. She was stunned.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Whatever happened to "in loco parentis"?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 11:42:31 AM »
I think I've mentioned this here before-

My daughter is a teacher, 6th graders last year. One of her students decided she was now a boy and that her "trans" name was Toby. School policy is to go along with the delusions. As far as my daughter was concerned it wasn't a big deal. "Toby" wasn't a model student, solid "C" average and wasn't a trouble maker. Early in the 2nd semester Toby's grades went straight to crap and my daughter had cause to contact the student's parents and referred to her as Toby. It seems "Toby" hadn't saw fit to inform the parents about the gender transition and they were understandably confused (though not as confused as Toby). Much hilarity ensued.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 11:51:59 AM »
Should schools keep students' gender dysphoria secret from the kids' own parents?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gender-transitions-at-school-spur-debate-over-when-or-if-parents-are-told/ar-AAZHh41

Apparently the libtards think so.

Why should the birthing person and the sperm donor have any say how their non-aborted offspring are raised? What are you, one of those extreme far right wing nazis we keep hearing about?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 01:34:24 PM »
Groomer teachers keeping parents in the dark has been a hot topic of discussion since at least the days of the most recent Virginia governor's race.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife