Author Topic: Illegal immigrants there, not here  (Read 23819 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Illegal immigrants there, not here
« on: July 28, 2022, 03:36:31 PM »
Illegal immigrants there? Not a problem. Illegal immigrants here? BIG PROBLEM!!

Illegal immigrants flooding into southern border states and bringing a wave of crime with them doesn't seem to be an issue. However, bus them to DC and it's suddenly so bad you need to call out the National Guard.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dc-mayor-bowser-asks-national-guard-help-migrant-busses-southern-border-humanitarian-crisis

Effing hypocrits.  :mad:

Brad
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 04:24:54 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Illegal immigrants there, not here
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 05:16:55 PM »
Yeah DC has a population of over 700K, gets around 4000 illegals, and it's a disaster. Meanwhile all those Southern border towns with 20K-50K populations are getting thousands of immigrants each and, "Why are those white supremacists complaining?!?"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 05:55:34 PM »
A couple of years ago when there was a big outflux from North Africa to Europe, the German government was assigning illegals to various German towns. One small town in, IIRC, Bavaria was assigned a LOT of them, and the German government wanted to know all kinds of stuff - how many hotel rooms were available, even how many PRIVATE homes had an extra room.

The little town's leaders didn't respond. The first trainload of illegals showed up late at night to a train station that was all closed up - and it was cold. The bureaucrats riding along were upset. Little town kept ignoring them and IIRC, they had the German army come and set up tents, field mess kitchens, etc. for all the illegals.

Never heard a follow up of how the situation was resolved - or if it was. Maybe that little German town can teach the rest of us something about dealing with illegals.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:49:16 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 11:22:27 PM »
I sell a LOT of car parts to people who only speak Spanish.

Why is that?

They are WORKING. Maybe you don't want to cut your own grass or trim your own trees or asphalt your own flat roof.

They're doing that. And they are looking to the future.

Some other folks are just waiting until the next opportunity to loot happens.

I figure that the criminal element is pretty small, overall, and has probably centralized in much larger cities.

I've had a lot more problems with white tweakers than I have with the mexicans.

Had a guy the other night had a frickin' mobile lab in my parking lot... GTFO...
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 07:25:20 AM »
Bogie, just because people speak Spanish doesn't mean they're here illegally - an awful lot of people from south of the border have entered this country the proper way, following the rules and obeying the law.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 07:12:22 PM »

REPORTER: "What's the difference between Texas busing migrants to DC, and the federal government flying migrants to, say New York, in the middle of the night?"

KJP: "It's very different, because we're not using migrants as a political pawn." pic.twitter.com/U3rABzadSK

— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) July 29, 2022
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/29/karine-jean-pierre-explains-why-texas-busing-illegals-to-dc-and-the-federal-govt-flying-them-around-the-country-is-very-different/

Sure you don't
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 09:57:53 PM »
Very (D)ifferent.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 12:58:34 AM »
Bogie, just because people speak Spanish doesn't mean they're here illegally - an awful lot of people from south of the border have entered this country the proper way, following the rules and obeying the law.

And a lot have NOT entered the proper way.

My church (Episcopal) has a large enough Latino component among the parishioners that there's a separate mass in Spanish every Sunday. There's a Roman Catholic church a few blocks way that has changed its name to the Spanish version, and I think its congregation is now about 90% Latino.

Nobody ever speaks about it, but the Latino assistant pastor is a friend, and from various clues he has let slip I'm pretty certain that most of out Latino parishioners are illegals.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 09:41:31 AM »
And a lot have NOT entered the proper way.
I agree with that 100%. My point was that there are Spanish speaking people that HAVE immigrated the right way - and some of those I've talked to are very, very upset with illegals.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 06:58:16 PM »
Bogie- if the Spanish speaking people buying your car parts are illegals, they are criminals already.  Most illegals have fake documents to allow them work (illegally).  That is a felony, but no one in the government cares.

Our government is using immigration, both legal and illegal, to transform the demographics of the country into one that tolerates crooked and power-mad leftist rule in return for welfare payments.

Most countries in the world that are non-european in derivation are tribalist with governmental corruption as a norm.  That is what the federal government wants.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 01:54:33 PM »
Bogie- if the Spanish speaking people buying your car parts are illegals, they are criminals already.  Most illegals have fake documents to allow them work (illegally).  That is a felony, but no one in the government cares.
Our government is using immigration, both legal and illegal, to transform the demographics of the country into one that tolerates crooked and power-mad leftist rule in return for welfare payments.
Most countries in the world that are non-european in derivation are tribalist with governmental corruption as a norm.  That is what the federal government wants.

:rofl: >:D
Sad but true.
As an example of that "lawlessness", local St. Louis TV news stations were reporting of multiple people and vehicles being shot and shot at last night by several groups of "young people", some of whom were using what the reporters described as "AK pistols".  The reporter then had to go on and explain how these were "smaller" but built to "look like" the rifles and he didn't know if they were "fully automatic or not".
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 02:24:23 PM »
Guess being a sanctuary city isn't so hot after all after immigrants actually start showing up.

DC Mayor Declares 'Public Emergency' Over Illegal Immigrants in Her Sanctuary City
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/09/08/dc-mayor-declares-public-emergency-over-illegal-immigrants-in-her-sanctuary-city-n2612824
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 09:09:02 PM »
Call me crazy, but instead of busing illegal aliens around the country, why don't we bus them to... Mexico?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2022, 09:12:53 PM »
Call me crazy, but instead of busing illegal aliens around the country, why don't we bus them to... Mexico?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Texas can deport people to another country. I think only the feds can do that and they're not in the least bit interested in doing so.
Besides Mexico doesn't like people crossing their border from the north uninvited
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2022, 07:46:30 AM »

Well that would just be cruel! You can't kick people out of the United States!

Ben is correct -- expelling someone from the country is a Federal thing -- the states can't do it.

So Abbot came up with the next best, and perfectly legal, answer.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2022, 07:49:39 AM »
I just saw that the Chicago Mayor packed her illegals back up on another bus and sent them to a small village in the next county over, which apparently is not in a sanctuary county, like her city and county is.

It's a little confusing to see a sanctuary city mayor be NIMBY, but she's a progressive after all.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2022, 07:59:05 AM »

Because Mexico doesn't let people just cross their border without documents, or a plan to leave.  Same with Canada, you can't just cross the border with a bunch of folks and dump them off.  It's almost like those countries believe borders mean something.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2022, 08:06:52 AM »
I just saw that the Chicago Mayor packed her illegals back up on another bus and sent them to a small village in the next county over, which apparently is not in a sanctuary county, like her city and county is.

It's a little confusing to see a sanctuary city mayor be NIMBY, but she's a progressive after all.

Chicago likes to ship its problems downstate.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2022, 11:30:41 PM »
"border town"    :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb-WFIpF36A

Don't worry, VP Kamala will solve the problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oBPFMZzNVA
Deep Thoughts With The Veep
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2022, 12:52:41 AM »
*Capitol.

How can profeshunal journalists be so gorram bad at so simple a job?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2022, 08:35:55 AM »

Dupage County, former Republican county. County Line Rd is the border between Cook County and Dupage County. Under 15 miles to downtown Chicago. Burr Ridge is the home to Chicago professional athletes, rock stars, assorted millionaires and most everyone makes six figures and up (Estimated median household income in 2019: $165,505). The median is driven down by old sections that haven't been gentrified yet.
That's the south eastern part of Dupage county. That area is my old stomping grounds where I grew up and escaped from just recently. Went to the same high school with Burr Ridge kids. It is heavily wooded and had both rich estates and Illinois rednecks back when I was in HS. As a matter of fact the Midwests last remaining 1/2 mile clay oval short track was on the edge of Burr Ridge (closed in the early 90's). I could hear the races in the summer if my bedroom window was open, went to plenty of races while growing up. The region was pretty nice to grow up in and it's a dual tragedy of progress and wokeness in what it has become.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 09:08:28 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2022, 09:05:03 AM »

Veep Thoughts

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2022, 10:18:01 AM »

Somebody said, and I think it's true, that she talks like someone in school trying to bullshit their way through an oral book report without having read the book.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2022, 02:41:30 PM »
Somebody said, and I think it's true, that she talks like someone in school trying to bullshit their way through an oral book report without having read the book.

And she ain't particularly good it. And she doesn't seem to care.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife