Author Topic: Illegal immigrants there, not here  (Read 23835 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Illegal immigrants there, not here
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2022, 06:28:50 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2022, 06:36:55 PM »
They could have ICE come and get them

Oh wait

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2022, 07:09:39 PM »
More immigrants being sent to where the dems said they're welcome is a crime against humanity.

Nikki Fried
@NikkiFried
·
Follow
Just got off the phone with the @WhiteHouse. I’m asking the @TheJusticeDept to investigate Ron DeSantis’ political human trafficking.
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/09/15/floridas-checks-notes-agriculture-commissioner-asks-doj-to-investigate-ron-desantis-human-trafficking/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2022, 07:17:57 PM »
Martha's Vineyard Resident Calls Police To Report A Hispanic In The Neighborhood Not Operating A Leaf Blower
https://babylonbee.com/news/marthas-vineyard-resident-calls-police-to-report-a-latino-in-the-neighborhood-not-operating-a-leaf-blower/

Obamas Construct New Cages At Martha’s Vineyard To Hold Arriving Migrants
https://babylonbee.com/news/obamas-construct-new-cages-to-hold-arriving-migrants-at-marthas-vineyard-estate
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2022, 11:21:24 PM »
Martha's Vineyard gets diversity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2eCll6L8s
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2022, 07:57:05 AM »
Saw a clip of some nitwit on CNN or MSNBC saying that sending illegals to liberal sanctuary cities was JUST LIKE the Holocaust.

So I guess tour buses and jet aircraft are JUST LIKE cattle cars, and there are gas chambers and ovens in Martha's Vineyard, New York City, Washington D.C., and Chicago.

Just more proof that liberals aren't merely people with different opinions, they're stark raving lunatics.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2022, 09:05:00 AM »
I know I've already said this in my last three posts, but this is just such a brilliant move, especially using Martha's Vineyard, that it's just making my month. Every time I see the usual suspects yell "humanitarian crisis!" I just smile.

Since Brandon has been in office, FIVE MILLION illegals have entered the country at the Southern border, overwhelming all the poor communities there. The fact that fifty illegals in one of the richest communities in the US, if not the world, is causing such an uproar by the people who told poor towns in red states to suck it up is just UltraMagaSchadenfreude.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2022, 09:12:35 AM »
Saw a clip of some nitwit on CNN or MSNBC saying that sending illegals to liberal sanctuary cities was JUST LIKE the Holocaust.

So I guess tour buses and jet aircraft are JUST LIKE cattle cars, and there are gas chambers and ovens in Martha's Vineyard, New York City, Washington D.C., and Chicago.

Just more proof that liberals aren't merely people with different opinions, they're stark raving lunatics.

Not uncommon to finds posts going on how about the US is the most repressive country ever. Usually by the same people who equate themselves with Jews in Nazi Germany if someone uses the wrong pronoun
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 09:25:19 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2022, 09:14:34 AM »
Twitter thread of screenshots from a Martha's Vineyard FB group:  https://twitter.com/DoctorTurtleboy/status/1570571488956395521

It's hilarious to watch so many folks trying to remain compassionate and caring while making sure those 50 folks GTFO.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2022, 09:24:18 AM »
A couple of years ago, Europe was having its own illegal alien crisis with an influx from North Africa and the Middle East. Germany was accepting them, and sending them to different towns.

One fairly small town (tourism and skiing in the winter were the main businesses) was notified they were going to get a LOT of these illegals - amounting to a very significant fraction of their population. The German government demanded a list of all available hotel rooms, vacant office space and private homes with extra bedrooms.  The mayor (burgermeister?) pointed out that the last in particular was prohibited since the German constitution prohibits taking people's homes to house others, and as for the other info demanded, well, they had no information on that. There was some back-and-forth on this.

Well, eventually, a train full of illegals pulled in late, along with some bureaucrats. They found the train station closed, locked, and dark, with nobody there except a janitor. No food, no transportation, no housing arrangements, no welcome committee - nothing. Phone calls to town offices got recordings saying they were closed.

Bureaucrats were furious - but the town was doing nothing. Ultimately they called the German army who came out and set up a tent city in a vacant field, along with field kitchens, latrines, etc. Last I heard, they were looking elsewhere for housing to accommodate the illegals . . . a situation that was due to get worse, since another trainload was supposed to come in soon.

Never saw a follow up, but I wonder if some border communities and border states here should do the same as that little German town.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
Twitter thread of screenshots from a Martha's Vineyard FB group:  https://twitter.com/DoctorTurtleboy/status/1570571488956395521

It's hilarious to watch so many folks trying to remain compassionate and caring while making sure those 50 folks GTFO.

That link is making my morning.  :rofl:

"My husband was activated as a Spanish interpreter." They're going to war, man!

Which, it looks like they, in the usual use of the word, activated a few hundred National Guard to collect fifty people.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2022, 10:00:14 AM »
If Martha's Vineyard was a predominantly R community you know what the MSM and pols reaction would be.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2022, 11:11:21 AM »
Biden to the rescue

Migrants who landed on the island about 48 hours ago, are reportedly being moved to Joint Base Cape Cod, a military base on the mainland.
https://twitchy.com/mike-313136/2022/09/16/that-was-quick-migrants-already-being-moved-off-marthas-vineyard/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2022, 11:36:53 AM »
Biden to the rescue
https://twitchy.com/mike-313136/2022/09/16/that-was-quick-migrants-already-being-moved-off-marthas-vineyard/

Thereby greatly strengthening the case DeSantis and Abbott are making. At least to all but the most virulent TDSers.

Thanks Brandon!  =D

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2022, 11:42:34 AM »
DeSantis is definitely running for president. He must have been a bit jealous of Abbot's headlines, not only copied his stunt but he had to "borrow" some migrants from him. :laugh:
The migrants who Gov. Ron DeSantis flew to Martha's Vineyard this week were not transported from the state he actually governs, but from Texas.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2022, 11:45:43 AM »
DeSantis is definitely running for president. He must have been a bit jealous of Abbot's headlines, not only copied his stunt

How is sending illegals from non-sanctuary cities to sanctuary cities a stunt? Isn't that what sanctuary cities were designated for?

A stunt is more like a president sending thousands upon thousands of illegals to non-sanctuary cities in the middle of the night.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2022, 11:50:36 AM »
How is sending illegals from non-sanctuary cities to sanctuary cities a stunt? Isn't that what sanctuary cities were designated for?

Only the most evil Nazi would subject immigrants to the horrors of being sent to cities that welcome them.
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2022, 11:55:45 AM »

A stunt is more like a president sending thousands upon thousands of illegals to non-sanctuary cities in the middle of the night.
No, DittoHead is right.  This is a political stunt, in much the same way that declaring a city a sanctuary city is a political stunt.  I think I like it, but it remains to be seen how it will play out.

The government seeding illegals throughout the US is not supposed to be visible, so it is not a political stunt.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2022, 11:56:05 AM »

In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2022, 12:00:14 PM »

stunt
3 of 4
noun (2)
: an unusual or difficult feat requiring great skill or daring
especially : one performed or undertaken chiefly to gain attention or publicity
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stunt

- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2022, 12:01:50 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2022, 12:02:16 PM »

You guys at the Bulwark crack me up.  =)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2022, 12:03:14 PM »

Of course it's a stunt. Of course it's political theater. It's about time some high-profile Republican pols starting playing that game.

The governors are drawing attention to a problem, which is absolutely necessary, if we're to really address a problem like this one.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2022, 12:09:27 PM »
Here's everyone favorite Hogg

David Hogg
@davidhogg111
·
Follow
Good Christians don’t use immigrants as political pawns and oppress them.
8:08 AM · Sep 16, 2022
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/09/16/david-hoggs-take-today-on-how-good-christians-treat-immigrants-has-already-aged-like-fine-milk-in-the-florida-sun/

Oppress them? By sending them to a place that welcomes them?
Moron
Idiot
Tool

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2022, 12:13:50 PM »

I think the clip in question was an interview with Ken Burns. I can only assume his next documentary will feature interviews with residents of Martha's Vineyard, who were there when Hitler shipped in the boatloads of Jewish prisoners.

"They lined them up on the beach. Made them do yoga, and drink chardonnay. The images are still seared into my memory. [weeping]"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife