Author Topic: Air Force: we will rock out with our Glock out  (Read 1900 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Air Force: we will rock out with our Glock out
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2022, 09:05:06 PM »
I will have to save that for later.  I was given an Army holster rig for the Beretta 92 a while back.  Never got around to using it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2022, 11:08:11 PM »
case in point, a nimrod in the local AA club open carries a Beretta 92 - in the cheapest Walmart holster he can find - which leads me to believe he is either real dumb or somehow got the gun free and never ever got more training that shooting beer bottles in the desert.
he once threatened to beat me up too, I'm 62 and he's early thirties ( I know I could beat him, but I just rolled my eyes ) .
Only genuinely stupid gun owners threaten people .
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2022, 02:04:03 PM »
I guess I will move forward as if the lost posts are gone. 

Anyone that makes it to their 30's and still threatens to beat people up needs to get the head examined. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2022, 03:16:28 PM »
I guess I will move forward as if the lost posts are gone. 

Anyone that makes it to their 30's and still threatens to beat people up needs to get the head examined.

Or have their parole revoked.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2022, 05:02:04 PM »
Our M17's come with the Modular Holster System as part of the initial issue.  It's a Safariland 7TS Level III retention holster on a QLS fork, and it comes with a belt mount, a mid-ride mount, thigh mount, and MOLLE adapter for a plate carrier.  According to the bag they come in the whole kit is supplied by Atlantic Diving Supply.

You can see all the pieces of the Modular Holster System in this pic:

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2022, 06:35:00 PM »
If I am remembering correctly,  Air Force OSI are military personnel who work as criminal investigators, and are authorized to wear civilian/plain clothes.  As a result, they are looking for a concealment gun, which explains the desire for a smaller handgun.  That said, I don't know why they don't just get a smaller P320.  Would make sense from a logistics stand point.. but when has that mattered to .mil?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2022, 07:30:14 PM »
The M18 is the smaller P320.  It's a P320 Carry size.  I suspect OSI either just wants to be special and can, has a Glock True Believer as an armorer, or both.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2022, 07:51:40 AM »
If I absolutely, positively have to hit a target at 25m with a pistol, I can only hope it's a Beretta 92FS.

I'm shooting a match at Sig this week.  One stage has IPSC C-zone steel at 70, 50, and 15 yards.   I hit the 70 and 50 with my Sig 365 with a RDS.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2022, 07:38:13 PM »
I had similar simpatico in years past with a P226.  I currently own a P229, but I haven't put it through its paces in years.  Both were in .40.

Exeter isn't ridiculously far from me.  How do I sign up for these matches, and what do I need to bring?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2022, 07:48:49 PM »
I had similar simpatico in years past with a P226.  I currently own a P229, but I haven't put it through its paces in years.  Both were in .40.

Exeter isn't ridiculously far from me.  How do I sign up for these matches, and what do I need to bring?

For this match, you need a Sig P365 and sign up at https://www.sigsauer.com/everyday-carry-edc-championship

I don't know if there is room left for this match.  If you want to drop by and take a look, the match is open to spectators.  I'm working in Bay 6.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2022, 07:51:53 PM »
Whelp, due to an expired pistol permit, procuring a P365 is impossible in Connecticut right now.  They don't consider a P229 an EDC?

Edit: I should have looked at the link you posted.  How odd that an entire match would be limited to one model.  I'm sorry, but I have drill this weekend so even as a spectator I can't make it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!