Author Topic: The first ChiCom toy motorized product that I actually want!  (Read 359 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
The first ChiCom toy motorized product that I actually want!
« on: March 28, 2023, 04:03:15 PM »
I've had it up to here [waves hand at forehead level] with Chinese low quality motorcycle products hitting the market lately.

That being said, this is inventive and welcome and cool.

https://www.designboom.com/technology/mini-electric-motorcycle-m-one-foldable-fit-car-trunk-felo-03-28-2023/

Weighs about 90 pounds, has about a 60 mile range, fits in the trunk of a commuter car, and can serve as an inverter power source if you want.  Article cites 220v @ 50hz, but that's just a function of fitting the inverter to the desired market.  I imagine that being so light it has a fairly low top speed, but even still it'd make a heck of a replacement for one of those Coleman camp bikes or the like.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: The first ChiCom toy motorized product that I actually want!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 08:27:54 PM »
Oh, a revisit of the Old Honda Motocompo Trunk Bike.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 09:42:55 PM »
Oh, a revisit of the Old Honda Motocompo Trunk Bike.

It's been done before?  What was the reputation of the Honda ones?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 10:22:27 PM »
It's been done before?  What was the reputation of the Honda ones?

Very good.  I have actually seen one in the flesh at a motorcycle show.  Tremendously small and I have seen models in good condition go for $5000.  I think it could get up to 30 MPH.  It was a two stroke and weighed about 100 pounds.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 02:52:08 AM »
Also remember, the Honda Monkey is back now as a 125cc on a larger platform and isn't as small as the original 50cc version was that would easily fold up and fit in your car's trunk.

Original Honda Monkey Bike (click image to see full size)
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 10:12:21 AM »
I like the idea.  I would be happy with a small 4 wheeler also.  Doesn't need to be fast IMO, just quiet.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 01:54:19 PM »
Back in the late 60's, my brother and I shared a Honda that I think was called a Trail 70.  It had a 70cc 4 cycle engine with fold-down handlebars so it could fit in a trunk.  I don't remember the weight (~100 ?) but it had those fat "donut" tires and was NOT "street legal".  Of course, that didn't stop us from riding it all over the neighborhood.  >:D

ETA: Yep, Trail 70.  Here's a picture of what they looked like.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”