Author Topic: License required to have a dog?  (Read 2215 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: License required to have a dog?
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2022, 12:01:36 PM »
How many bee tags come with the inspection?

I want to know how you attach the license and collar to each bee.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2022, 10:18:31 PM »
"How many bee tags come with the inspection"

Ha.

They're more like notional bee tags..

And in Soviet Ohio,  bee tag YOU!  (It's been warm, and they've been a bit pissy this inspection.  Got lit up twice but not bad.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2022, 08:15:11 AM »
What are they inspecting for?

What kind of inspection/enforcement authority do they have?

What are the penalties if you don't get a hive inspection?

You'd think that with all of the problems facing bees they'd just be happy that people are putting out hives.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2022, 10:51:31 AM »

You'd think that with all of the problems facing bees they'd just be happy that people are putting out hives.

The main benefit in WA to registering your hives is that if someone is allergic and gets stung they can’t sue you.  Or if some neighbor complains about your hives (Karen’s will Karen) you can tell them to FOAD.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2022, 12:42:08 PM »
The main benefit in WA to registering your hives is that if someone is allergic and gets stung they can’t sue you.  Or if some neighbor complains about your hives (Karen’s will Karen) you can tell them to FOAD.

OK, nice. I like that.

Friend of mine keeps hives. Neighbors bitched to him because the bees were clustering at the side of their house because the hose bibb was dripping and the bees were getting a drink.

His neighbors are complete f*expletive deleted*tards.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2022, 06:59:00 PM »
 I have no idea if NV or my county requires a license, I doubt it

with pitts, it depends on the dog and the owner.

yrs ago one of my exes and myself adopted a rat terrier , on its first time off leash it went straight to a huge pitt to start a fight .
the poor pitt was trained so well it just rolled over on its back while sparky was being a little pita .
the pitts head outweighed our dog by 4 times , easily - but it never got aggressive .

but i have also seen pitts attack and kill other dogs - it is the main reason I want to upgrade to 10mm when i can as well as getting one of those ruger alskans in 44 mag - there are bigger/worser dogs than pitts out there - like the cane corso - I love dogs but their humans can often make poor decisions ....
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2022, 08:58:03 PM »

In our county,  they don't have any authority that I'm aware of,  and registering your hives is voluntary.  The benefit is $5 gets a nice old wizard looking bee expert to come out and tell you how your hive is doing, and offer helpful advice.  He'll also contact you if he runs into bee problems in the area close enough to affect your apiary. 

The other benefit is useful data.  If there are x number of hives in the county,  it's nice to know the percentage dealing with mites or hive beetles,  or if there's foulbrood going around.

https://agri.ohio.gov/divisions/plant-health/apiary-program

I'm pretty new at beekeeping so that info is worth what you paid for it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2022, 10:44:34 PM »

It's  the branding that's difficult.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2022, 04:33:33 PM »
Regarding pitbulls:

I currently have one. She was found running the streets of Redford, MI at approximately one year old. Redford is right next to Detroit, and is sort of "Detroit Lite", if you know what I mean. I was single at the time I adopted her, so there were no kids at risk.  She has turned out to be an absolute sweetheart, and I have now had her for just over four years.

Having said that, I am aware that caution is warranted with the breed in general, and would not have kept her if she had exhibited any concerning behavior.

On a final note, if you live in SE Michigan, finding rescued dogs that don't have pitbull blood in them can be a bit of a challenge.