Author Topic: National Conservatism  (Read 409 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
National Conservatism
« on: September 18, 2022, 05:52:55 PM »
I don't think we've had a thread on this yet.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/national-conservatism-a-statement-of-principles/

We see the tradition of independent, self-governed nations as the foundation for restoring a proper public orientation toward patriotism and courage, honor and loyalty, religion and wisdom, congregation and family, man and woman, the sabbath and the sacred, and reason and justice. We are conservatives because we see such virtues as essential to sustaining our civilization. We see such a restoration as the prerequisite for recovering and maintaining our freedom, security, and prosperity.

We emphasize the idea of the nation because we see a world of independent nations—each pursuing its own national interests and upholding national traditions that are its own—as the only genuine alternative to universalist ideologies now seeking to impose a homogenizing, locality-destroying imperium over the entire globe.

Drawing on this heritage, we therefore affirm the following principles:

I still think accepting the label of "conservative" is a trap, as I've explained before. But I think this bunch of eggheads are on the right track.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: National Conservatism
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 07:01:14 PM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 07:59:28 PM »
So you’re interested in joining the Nat-C party? ????
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 08:50:15 PM »
Conservatives all over the country are mad at the left taking over all institutions and imposing their progressive values on everyone. So mad that they promise to, if elected, impose their values on everyone. That's why I am sick of conservatives. As Tam said, party politics is just a race to the box cars, first team there gets to make the other ride.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 10:07:09 PM »
Conservatives all over the country are mad at the left taking over all institutions and imposing their progressive values on everyone. So mad that they promise to, if elected, impose their values on everyone. That's why I am sick of conservatives. As Tam said, party politics is just a race to the box cars, first team there gets to make the other ride.
There is one small mention of crony capitalism, but I didn't see that it addresses govt bureaucracy, limiting Govt size and power, and policies that discourage monopolies.  It looked like a very generic set of statements.  I notice the one section on Public Research.  It is a top down approach to fixing things with new laws that would likely not work.  Someone who is in favor of a National Dictatorship could sign on to this and do it honestly.  Looks like something for the establishment, pro-BigGov people. 

I was thinking.  Whenever I think about what I would do if I were King for a day, I usually think about laws or Govt programs/agencies I would get rid of.  I don't normally thinking about new laws.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 12:03:43 AM »

If you read their list of principles, you'll see it's almost the opposite of that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 08:00:56 AM »
It's probably the best we could hope for, some type of civic nationalism with a form of subsidiarity. I think that ship has sailed though.

The chances of Christians being allowed to have local control over their own enclaves is a stretch. The technicolor haired, libertarians, trannies and pedo's wouldn't stand for that for one moment, muh freedom!

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.