Author Topic: "Tucker Carlson Sounds the Alarm About Republicans Blowing the Midterms"  (Read 934 times)

Pb

• friend
Tucker thinks the Republican Party is going to screw up their chances in the next election.

The Democrats appear to be doing better in polling.

What do you think?

https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/08/tucker-carlson-sounds-the-alarm-about-republicans-blowing-the-midterms/?utm_source=rss

Andiron

• friend
I thought there was no way in hell Biden could win* and here we are.  At this point I don't even know.  The Republicans suck,  it's conceivable they'll find a way to fvck a sure thing up.

* He didn't.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I believe the Republican leadership is quite happy with how things currently stand.  Because of this, they will not expend any great energy getting Republicans elected in the mid-terms.  The Red Tsunami we're all being told will occur in November will likely turn out to be a red wavelet.  We lose ground in the Senate by a seat or three, and maybe, if we are very lucky, take the House by a slim margin.  And nothing will change.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I think the Republicans are in trouble.

I think Trump backing candidates, and those candidates winning in more moderate to Democratic-leaning states, is going to backfire spectacularly as it is going to push people to the Democratic candidate.

Mitch McConnell has already said he doesn't expect Republicans to take the Senate.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
If we can't get hardcore MAGA types into office then what difference does it make?

More McConnel's, Grahams, McCarthy's et al is worse than worthless.

We are only given a spectrum of what is acceptable to the establishment to vote for every election. At least the MAGA folks are pushing the boundary, opening the Overton window in our direction.

Right now we have a crappy ground and pound offense that rarely makes first downs. Trump and maybe Desantis at least try and throw the ball and get some first downs. Still a crappy team with them at the helm but it's what we got.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend

. . . .
Mitch McConnell has already said he doesn't expect Republicans to take the Senate.
He's working to make sure of that - better D's maintain control than getting a bunch of MAGA types who might upset the apple cart.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
I as thinking a bunch of Republicans retired before this election.  That leaves it wide open and many of those are not all in red states.  It isn't a slam dunk and many Republicans (RNC?) are probably complacent that a win will be easy.  It is never easy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
I as thinking a bunch of Republicans retired before this election.  That leaves it wide open and many of those are not all in red states.  It isn't a slam dunk and many Republicans (RNC?) are probably complacent that a win will be easy.  It is never easy.
Republicans EARN their nickname "The Stupid PartyTM" with disturbing regularity, and have mastered the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It's obvious that there's a contingent within the GOP that absolutely DOES NOT WANT Republicans to be the majority party.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
Republicans EARN their nickname "The Stupid PartyTM" with disturbing regularity, and have mastered the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It's obvious that there's a contingent within the GOP that absolutely DOES NOT WANT Republicans to be the majority party.
I think we have seen plenty of times that the Dems compete for that name pretty hard.  The only reason they come out looking better often is due to the media and other support the R's don't have.  In this case, I hope the R's don't come out looking very stupid.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: "Tucker Carlson Sounds the Alarm About Republicans Blowing the Midterms"
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 10:02:54 AM »
Seeing how some of the current establishment Rs are acting, it almost harkens back to the days of the "Country Club Republicans". 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2022, 08:08:28 AM »
Apparently Dems are calling them "The Mar-a-Lago Midterms". Probably not the best PR to sorta suggest that the raid is great for dems, considering I'm hearing more people, including people who don't like Trump, as well as a lib friend I recently talked to (whose opinion really surprised me), not really happy about what the gov did.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrats-good-chance-winning-mar-a-lago-midterms

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 09:23:07 AM »
The Republicans have been trying to subvert, absorb and derail MAGA since day one.

MAGA is now filling(ed) up with establishment operatives. 

It's a Hollywood reboot of the Destruction of the Tea Party movie.

GAE is firmly in control. You will take your shots, eat the bugs, own nothing and be happy while you are replaced with third world shithole peoples.

GAE has a plan, those that oppose them don't, they are reactionary. Prevent defense is useless with an anemic offense using an out of date playbook.

Some people are waking up, close to a century too late.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »
GAE?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 09:35:48 AM »
GAE?

Georgia Association of Educators
Google App Engine
Granulomatous Amoebic Encephalitis
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2022, 12:18:26 PM »
Global American Empire, pronounced gay.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2022, 01:18:27 PM »
Gratuitous anatomical engagement.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams