Author Topic: Our Kids Are Physically Weak Because it's Too Hot  (Read 443 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Our Kids Are Physically Weak Because it's Too Hot
« on: August 05, 2022, 12:03:42 PM »
Climate change - not smart phones and video games (also the lockdowns) - is causing kids to be less physically active.  ;/ ;/ ;/

So much non-science:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/08/05/the-hill-reports-kids-are-now-in-poorer-physical-condition-guess-the-reason/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Our Kids Are Physically Weak Because it's Too Hot
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 02:50:37 PM »
It certainly couldn't be the failure to get control of crime and homeless issues so that parks and public spaces are not safe for kids? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 02:52:48 PM »
Our kids are too weak because everything is a priority before physical activity. My own daughter, who I don’t get much input in raising, did a summer school virtual health and PE course so that she can fit in all the classes she wants this fall. After tenth grade there is no PE requirement.

Everyone has gone soft. Some stuff in the navy nearly killed me but I went hard at it. A few hours in a firefighting coverall equivalent to bunker gear my normal clothes underneath would be wet enough to wring. And yet I would get stopped by the trainers for wanting to run my teams harder. I was heading to the three story ramp to relay race hoses in full gear. Nope, can’t do that, heat stress. Let’s simulate hose movement in normal uniform. Oh yeah, because the *expletive deleted*ing fire isn’t hot in the new navy.  ;/
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 04:05:52 PM »
[waits for basic training stress card rumor to be trotted out again]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 06:31:53 PM »
Country kids are tough. It's fair and rodeo week and some of them are so covered in dirt they are never going to get some drains clean if they get the kids to come clean.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes