Author Topic: RIP Ennio Morricone  (Read 736 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: RIP Ennio Morricone
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 07:10:22 PM »
Yes, I remember.
7-11 was a part time job.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 07:22:52 PM »
What?

He died over 2 years ago...

6 July 2020.

He composed the music for The Mission... Gabriel's Oboe is one of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 07:38:25 PM »
Oh, well. It's a good enough reason to revisit the videos of the Danish Symphony Orchestra performing the spaghetti western trilogy.

I always thought it was cute that Tuva Semmingsen (the "wa-wa girl") wore earrings modeled after pistols.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 08:25:19 PM »
What?

He died over 2 years ago...

6 July 2020.

He composed the music for The Mission... Gabriel's Oboe is one of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.

Well, crud.  The story I ran across said it was yesterday.  Didn't catch the date in the wiki.  Enjoy the music anyway.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 11:23:18 PM »
I second the Danish national symphony stuff.  Fantastic.

If you're into movie scores,  John Williams is still alive and kicking.   We saw him in 2019 an it was awesome.  If he's guest conducting near your it's worth whatever they're charging to see him. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 08:33:33 AM »
Morricone conducts Morricone...

Gabriel's Oboe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7w-IeNR9ko
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.