Author Topic: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI  (Read 16099 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2022, 10:36:31 PM »
What do you suppose they would do differently if they wanted a violent uprising?

The left thinks a "violent uprising" is something where people bring scale models of guillotines and gallows to a protest march.

Can they transfer that to the thinking of the vast majority? Possibly.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2022, 10:41:38 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2022, 10:56:42 PM »
I don't know about KGB... More like PRC...
Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2022, 11:10:31 PM »
 I heard about it on the way home from work, but have not looked at anything yet or read anything either.
  THIS IS BOVINE EXCREMENT...

All the crud we have put up with over the years, from JFK  to Biden, and they pull a stunt like this.
 I'm really angry, I hope this backfires big time and Trum does a real housecleaning if/when he gets in office again
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2022, 11:13:34 PM »
I seem to remember that one of the reasons Caesar seized power in Rome was because his enemies in the Senate were planning to convict him as soon as he was no longer Consul.  IMO, when a leader thinks he will be put in prison or killed after leaving office, will he leave office peacefully? 
Not quite the same thing here, but still a bad precedent. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2022, 11:17:36 PM »
Me? I'm guessing that there is some sort of procedural paperwork error someplace.

And that will be used to try to put nails in...

Will that work for, or against, the Democrats? Are they betting that they STILL have enough people hating Teh Trump?

I know they want to...

And they're hoping that all the people 10% of the people talking *expletive deleted*it aren't going to go out and do *expletive deleted*it...
Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2022, 11:31:04 PM »
The provisional IRA (commies though they were) had, what, a couple hundred active fighters at any one time during The Troubles?  And they tied up, what, 25,000 British troops at any given time?

They go full jackboot here and and it’ll make 1992-1993 Sarajevo look like a Girl Scout meeting, never mind any comparisons to Northern Ireland.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2022, 11:38:44 PM »
Call it 1mil LEOs if all jurisdictions in the USA.  Another basically 2mil active and reserve military.  Disregarding the constitutional limits on using the military domestically, and assuming their paychecks matter more than their honor or oath to defend the constitution for 100% of the members.  That’s at most 3mil jackboots.  Let’s also ignore any political ramifications.

At the same ratio as Northern Ireland that means a mere 30,000 “domestic terrorists” could keep all the jackboots rather busy.  That less than 0.05% of gun owners.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2022, 11:58:44 PM »
There are approximately 5,000,000 NRA members, right?

1% of those is 50,000

Considering it took two committed jihad monkeys to lock down Washington, DC for close to two weeks...

I suspect that a few folks may commit a massive error of hubris.
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2022, 12:03:04 AM »
Like the spending bill that no one has read that was just rammed through, lube free, wasn't enough to make ya wanna "lock and load".
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2022, 12:08:37 AM »
Trump's been being cagey about whether he's going to run in 2024 or not.

If it were me, this *expletive deleted*it would tip the scales to running.  And winning in whatever way it took.

Then it would time for some real house cleaning.

Will he or won't he???

Plot-twist: Trump wins 2024 only for the corrupt establishment to reveal he really did win in 2020, so he can't win a third time be president again.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2022, 12:14:20 AM »
Plot-twist: Trump wins 2024 only for the corrupt establishment to reveal he really did win in 2020, so he can't win a third time be president again.

Constitution says he can’t serve more than 2 terms (VP succession doesn’t apply).  Doesn’t say anything about winning the election more than twice.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2022, 01:33:09 AM »
https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1556794940344176640

That guy is exhibit A on why I will never vote Trump again. He means well and then surrounds himself with idiots. Unlike Biden who means evil but surrounds himself with idiot henchmen incapable of doing the deeds. Way more comical that way.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2022, 07:34:59 AM »
Constitution says he can’t serve more than 2 terms (VP succession doesn’t apply).  Doesn’t say anything about winning the election more than twice.

Hey! It says whatever the hell they want it to say!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2022, 07:46:50 AM »
This guy says it would be difficult for this to be corruption/political because of all the individual steps to get the warrant. Yet he does say that there is a high probability this went all the way to the AG for sign off. It will be interesting to see what's in the warrant when it becomes public.

Which aside from this particular bullshit, makes me glad Garland never made it to the SC. Between his attacks on parents and his continually identifying everyone and their brother as extremists, he appears to have quietly become one of the most political AGs ever.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-raids-trumps-mar-a-lago-unprecedented-agency-execute-search-warrant-former-president
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2022, 07:49:13 AM »
Also, side note, this was executed on the anniversary of Richard Nixon's resignation. Even if 100% coincidental, I'm sure it will spark conspiracy theories.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2022, 08:10:41 AM »
What makes you think the warrant will become public?

It concerns classified material,  and I'd be shocked if they didn't detail exactly what just so they could classify the warrant itself.  Derivative Classification for the win!!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 08:32:21 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2022, 08:40:39 AM »
Normies still trust the AG, the FBI and the rest of the system. My neighbor, a blue collar union guy is laughing and happy about this raid. He's a union Dem and is sure Trump is the bad guy. He called me up to gloat! I don't even talk politics with him at all. The only thing he knows about my political views is that I've voted Republican.

There will be plenty of political and social cover for the American jackboots when the time comes. They will be held up as the heroic standard of protecting Democracy.

Americans minds have been broken by the govmnt/education/media complex. They not only believe two contradictory things at the same time they believe dozens of impossible and contradictory things at the same time.

My Republican despising union neighbor conceal carries and even open carries. He 100% supports the Democrats. He knows I've supported Republicans because I've asked him why he supports the Democrat gun grabbers. You start talking to folks and you realize you can make long lists of common but incoherent beliefs/positions that contradict each other.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2022, 09:09:09 AM »
If the goal was to make sure every able-bodied conservative voter votes come November, they're doing it right.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2022, 09:19:03 AM »
Normies still trust the AG, the FBI and the rest of the system. My neighbor, a blue collar union guy is laughing and happy about this raid. He's a union Dem and is sure Trump is the bad guy. He called me up to gloat! I don't even talk politics with him at all. The only thing he knows about my political views is that I've voted Republican.

There will be plenty of political and social cover for the American jackboots when the time comes. They will be held up as the heroic standard of protecting Democracy.

Americans minds have been broken by the govmnt/education/media complex. They not only believe two contradictory things at the same time they believe dozens of impossible and contradictory things at the same time.

My Republican despising union neighbor conceal carries and even open carries. He 100% supports the Democrats. He knows I've supported Republicans because I've asked him why he supports the Democrat gun grabbers. You start talking to folks and you realize you can make long lists of common but incoherent beliefs/positions that contradict each other.
I wouldn't call that guy a "normie", but he does represent a subset of people that exist.  That is why Biden still has 30% or so approval rating when it should be much less.  People like him are part of that 30%.  And yes, some of them are armed. 

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2022, 09:42:46 AM »
From the cnn article:
A White House official said it was not notified about the search. President Joe Biden, a senior administration official said, was unaware of the search of Mar-a-Lago until after it was reported on the news.

Either this is BS and both the white house and biden knew, or they have no problem admitting to their own incompetence in allowing the fbi to go rogue. Reminds me of the Firefly quote: "A government is a body of people, usually notably ungoverned."

Those in power don't even bother pretending anymore that there are any restraints on their behavior whatsoever. They know they can get away with just about anything anytime with no consequence.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2022, 10:51:50 AM »
Nancy Pelosi is squawking about how no one is above the law...

I wonder how she feels about her husband's recent legal issues?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.