Author Topic: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI  (Read 16060 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2022, 07:40:26 AM »
Basically, Trump put out a message that resonated with all the people who got jaded by the takeover of the Tea Party by the big bus politicians... We've been out here, and we're not going to be going away. The Democrats REALLY do not like the concept of grass roots activism unless they organize it from the top down.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2022, 08:56:13 AM »
I always figured that leftist brainwashing took place around the water coolers of SCOTUS. It's just like advertising.  Truth doesn't matter, only the number of psychological impacts do.

"Hey, newbie.  We, the Supreme Court Justices, are here to insure the benefit of the people."  Repeat ad infinitum.

It doesn't matter that the "benefit of the people" was codified 200+ years ago by some pretty sharp cookies.  What matters is that the prevailing concepts of "benefit" be served, and that these prevailing concepts are repeated and repeated... around the Supreme Court water coolers.

Trump, not being a practiced politician, probably figured this out and rather than make "compromise" nominations who would flex with the wind near the water coolers, made nominations who he figured would stick to their guns. Ahem, koff, koff.

That's the way I see it.  Successive conceptual impacts by the leftist do-gooders on the Court were no longer going to be effective.

"Tell a lie often enough...."

Terry, 230RN
One important thing that helped is Harry Reid dumping the filibuster rule for SC Justices.  Trump did not need to nominate a compromise candidate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2022, 09:08:26 AM »
And now the Hillary connection.
And this is coming from Newsweek of all places.

For Hillary? ‘No warrant. No raid’: Receipt-field thread shares DAMNING deets about man behind FBI’s raid on Trump’s home
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/08/11/for-hillary-no-warrant-no-raid-receipt-field-thread-shares-damning-deets-about-man-behind-fbis-raid-on-trumps-home/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2022, 09:22:03 AM »
I just heard this on the teevee, so it likely needs verification, but they said that Trump's attorney was told to wait in the driveway. Also, "It was requested that all video surveillance in the house be turned off, but it's unclear if that was done".

If Trump's people found a way to keep the cameras on, that might be an interesting show to watch, especially if the cameras have audio.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2022, 09:47:55 AM »
I just heard this on the teevee, so it likely needs verification, but they said that Trump's attorney was told to wait in the driveway. Also, "It was requested that all video surveillance in the house be turned off, but it's unclear if that was done".

If Trump's people found a way to keep the cameras on, that might be an interesting show to watch, especially if the cameras have audio.
I wonder if the Secret Service was also told to wait outside, and what - if any - role they had.

And . . . did the FBI agents on the raid themselves have high enough clearances to take possession of the classified materials Trump allegedly had?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2022, 09:55:09 AM »

What I heard:
1.  Requested cameras to be turned off, but that was refused.  Not sure what happened beyond that.
2.  FBI refused request for lawyers to witness the search.
3.  Trump's lawyer only saw the warrant from 10 feet away.  They refused to provide a copy or let her see it closely.
4.  I heard the search lasted all day.  Morning until 5 or 6 PM.  Not sure what they were doing all that time consider what we were told they took. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2022, 10:17:25 AM »
What I heard:
1.  Requested cameras to be turned off, but that was refused.  Not sure what happened beyond that.
2.  FBI refused request for lawyers to witness the search.
3.  Trump's lawyer only saw the warrant from 10 feet away.  They refused to provide a copy or let her see it closely.
4.  I heard the search lasted all day.  Morning until 5 or 6 PM.  Not sure what they were doing all that time consider what we were told they took.

On #3, all of the left is calling Trump a liar for not producing a copy of the warrant.

On #4, Images seem to indicate that instead of a half dozen guys in suits and a couple of plain, black Suburbans, the FBI came rolling in with lights, a bunch of uniformed backup, and battle rattle guys with those evil assault rifles posted at the gates for a good visual.

That's like the tenth high profile showboat raid on prominent republicans in the last couple of years for stuff that should be handled between lawyers or with minimal interaction with a couple of plainclothes LE and with CNN not finding out until after it happened, versus being on-scene.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2022, 11:00:01 AM »
Yes thy went there

Blue-checked Florida journo uses Ivana Trump’s death to take sick shot at Donald Trump over Mar-a-Lago raid
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/11/blue-checked-florida-journo-uses-ivana-trumps-death-to-take-sick-shot-at-donald-trump-over-mar-a-lago-raid/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2022, 11:07:09 AM »
Now the AG didn't know about it
They expect us to believe that no one at the top knew about a 30+ agent all day raid on a former pres's house before hand if true.

Newsweek: AG Garland Had 'No Prior Knowledge' of Mar-a-Lago Raid
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2022/08/11/newsweek-ag-garland-had-no-prior-knowledge-of-maralago-raid-n2611580
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2022, 11:12:26 AM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/10/newsweek-the-fbis-raid-on-mar-a-lago-was-supposed-to-be-low-profile/
Exclusive: An Informer Told the FBI What Docs Trump Was Hiding, and Where
https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-informer-told-fbi-what-docs-trump-was-hiding-where-1732283?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1660156939

This is a CYA article.  Someone was putting out quotes trying to "explain" things.

The raid on Mar-a-Lago was based largely on information from an FBI confidential human source, one who was able to identify what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents, two senior government officials told Newsweek.
If that were true, it should have been a quick in and out search and not taken all day.....or they were doing other tasks or searching for something else.

FBI decision-makers in Washington and Miami thought that denying the former president a photo opportunity or a platform from which to grandstand (or to attempt to thwart the raid) would lower the profile of the event, says one of the sources, a senior Justice Department official who is a 30-year veteran of the FBI.
=D  Predictable outcomes. 

The senior Justice Department source says that Garland was regularly briefed on the Records Act investigation, and that he knew about the grand jury and what material federal prosecutors were seeking. He insists, though, that Garland had no prior knowledge of the date and time of the specific raid, nor was he asked to approve it. "I know it's hard for people to believe," says the official, "but this was a matter for the U.S. Attorney and the FBI."
That quote tells me Garland knew exactly what they planned to do.  He might not have been told the exact time, so they could  say quotes like this with a straight face. 

From other stuff I have heard, past (recent) presidents have removed classified material from the White House upon leaving and there was little effort to retrieve it.  I also heard people in the govt knew what was there and consulted on making sure it was secure.  IMO, this is just using the thousands of federal laws as an excuse to go after the people they choose. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2022, 11:33:31 AM »
I guess in today world I need to tell you this is the Babylon Bee

Report: FBI Raided Mar-A-Lago After Tip That Parents Were Protesting A School Board Meeting There
https://babylonbee.com/news/report-fbi-raided-mar-a-lago-on-false-tip-that-parents-were-protesting-a-school-board-meeting-there

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2022, 11:39:50 AM »

IF THAT'S TRUE, they didn't actually present a warrant . . . which IMHO makes this a warrantless search.

Of course, one of their tame judges will say otherwise, and it's hard to argue with a couple of squads of agents with machine guns.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 03:05:16 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2022, 12:12:56 PM »

How is that even legal?

The agents reportedly searched Melania's wardrobe. Supposedly the warrant specified what they were looking for and where they were entitled to look for it. I'd like to know if Melani's closet and personal clothing were listed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2022, 01:02:05 PM »
How is that even legal?

The agents reportedly searched Melania's wardrobe. Supposedly the warrant specified what they were looking for and where they were entitled to look for it. I'd like to know if Melani's closet and personal clothing were listed.

Just be happy that Melania and Barron weren't there, standing hand in hand near an open window or in a doorway or something
7-11 was a part time job.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2022, 01:22:12 PM »
Just be happy that Melania and Barron weren't there, standing hand in hand near an open window or in a doorway or something

Surely Lon Horiuchi has retired by now.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2022, 02:03:35 PM »
Looks like someone had beef with FBI close by. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-chased-break-fbis-cincinnati-office-police/story?id=88246982

Trump supporter?  Dem dude taking advantage and wanting it to make Trump supporters look bad?  Or just a nut job….

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2022, 02:49:56 PM »
Maybe it's more an issue of when they got it, but people on Trump's team said they got the warrant.
Bobb said the FBI indeed gave her a copy of the warrant, along with an attachment describing what they were looking for
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2022, 03:26:39 PM »
Now the AG didn't know about it
They expect us to believe that no one at the top knew about a 30+ agent all day raid on a former pres's house before hand if true.

Newsweek: AG Garland Had 'No Prior Knowledge' of Mar-a-Lago Raid
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2022/08/11/newsweek-ag-garland-had-no-prior-knowledge-of-maralago-raid-n2611580

No prior knowledge, my ass. He just admitted personally signing off on it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-asks-court-unseal-mar-a-lago-raid-warrant-ag-merrick-garland-personally-signed-off-trump-search

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2022, 03:31:21 PM »
IF THAT'S TRUE, they didn't actually present a warrant . . . which IMHO makes this a warrantless search.

Agreed and, again if true, that will be the nail in their coffin. If this goes to SCOTUS, which it will, that and that alone dooms the FBI's actions.

Besides, the FBI never lies to people (including judges) to get what they want, do they?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy5A8VIWmxg

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2022, 03:51:50 PM »
Well hopefully soon we'll all get to see the warrant:
At the time the warrant was initially executed, the Department provided notice directly to former President Trump’s counsel. The Department did not make any public statements about the search, and the search apparently attracted little or no public attention as it was taking place. Later that same day, former President Trump issued a public statement acknowledging the execution of the warrant. In the days since, the search warrant and related materials have been the subject of significant interest and attention from news media organizations and other entities.

In these circumstances involving a search of the residence of a former President, the government hereby requests that the Court unseal the Notice of Filing and its attachment (Docket Entry 17), absent objection by former President Trump.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2022, 05:01:45 PM »
Maybe it's more an issue of when they got it, but people on Trump's team said they got the warrant.
That may be true.  If they waited until later on to provide it, all the initial reports would have already said they didn't hand it over.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2022, 05:04:12 PM »

I guess we will find out how important this is as well.  If this is true, I don't see how it justified a full blown search warrant execution. 
2 - Bobb further states, "as far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with January 6th."

She suggests that the documents were akin to a "handwritten note from a prime minister."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2022, 05:10:09 PM »
Now the real question is

How many pieces of Melania's underwear is now missing?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2022, 05:14:09 PM »
I don't know about fed rules, but in Texas a copy of the warrant must be presented as a condition of LEO entry unless it meets the stated criteria for a no-knock. In addition, any items removed must be inventoried, documented in writing, and provided to the person of residence or their representative at time of taking. Provisions specific to the above are spelled out in Texas Code of Criminal Procedure § 1(18). The part about presentation and inventory is in § 1(18)06b

Brad

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 05:55:36 PM by Brad Johnson »
-HankB

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2022, 05:36:00 PM »
How many pieces of Melania's underwear is now missing?

Everyone (as always) makes it all about DJT, but they are missing the obvious. They searched Melania's clothes because she was the real target.
The subpoena factored into a visit thatJay Bratt, the Justice Department’s top counterintelligence official, made with a small group of other federal officials to Mar-a-Lago weeks later, in early June, one of the people said.
She was a spy all along. [tinfoil] [popcorn] :laugh: