Author Topic: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI  (Read 16045 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2022, 06:52:58 PM »
    TRUMP: "ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK" pic.twitter.com/RGfjbbmVTD

— Charlie Spiering (@charliespiering) August 12, 2022
    Trump says everything seized by the FBI had already been declassified and could have been taken whenever they wanted it. pic.twitter.com/Gf3WMbUUcU

— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) August 12, 2022
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/08/12/trump-statement-has-info-related-to-the-fbi-document-seizure-were-not-hearing-from-doj-or-media/

:P
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2022, 07:50:34 PM »
They got him this time, for sure.  [popcorn]

Not sure if sarcastic, but Trump is guilty of a ton of stuff.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2022, 08:24:44 PM »
Not sure if sarcastic, but Trump is guilty of a ton of stuff.
What is Trump guilty of? Granted, I sort of tuned out the last few months but if Trump is guilty of a ton of stuff I would think that would be news.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2022, 10:45:39 PM »
What is Trump guilty of? Granted, I sort of tuned out the last few months but if Trump is guilty of a ton of stuff I would think that would be news.

Pretty much everything he has been accused of.

The guy is a slime ball.  He was a slimy Democrat businessman long before he became a slimy republican president.  He lies, cheats, and steals his way through life.  There is almost nothing good about him.

Yet, for some strange reason, people here and all over the US think he can do no wrong.

If Biden or Clinton (either one) was going through the exact same FBI search and seizure that Trump is going through, this whole board would be screaming for their immediate incarceration. 

The guy is trash, yet may of you defend him.  Why?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2022, 11:13:11 PM »

The guy is a slime ball.  He was a slimy Democrat businessman long before he became a slimy republican president.  He lies, cheats, and steals his way through life.  There is almost nothing good about him.

Yet, for some strange reason, people here and all over the US think he can do no wrong.

If Biden or Clinton (either one) was going through the exact same FBI search and seizure that Trump is going through, this whole board would be screaming for their immediate incarceration. 

Maybe because of statements like that (bold) which is such an exaggeration that you might think Trump said it.  He has been accused of quite a bit of false stuff.  At least keep it to things that can be proven instead of making general statements that mean nothing.  Makes you sound like a politician.   =)

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JN01

• friend
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2022, 12:39:29 AM »

Slimy as he may be, his policies were over all a benefit to the country.  One could argue that no crimes should be unpunished, but that is not the case, Trump seems to be the one singled out. The Clintons and Bidens are thoroughly corrupt and have sold out the country to our enemies multiple times.  It doesn't matter how blatant or obvious the Democrats and their minions engage in criminal activity, they are almost never held accountable.  Hillary was found to have committed multiple violations of the espionage act and destroyed evidence, yet there were no consequences. Russiagate was nothing less than a failed coup attempt by the Dems with the help of the FBI.

Two impeachment attempts failed.  You would think that they would be able to find some actual evidence of something he has done, but they have not.

In the end, it's not really about justice anyway.  The Democrats don't give a crap about who committed what crime.  They see Trump as standing in the way of their totalitarian dreams, that cannot be tolerated. 

Trump is not someone I would have picked to be a Presidential candidate, I would prefer a DeSantis or Paul.  He may be a scumbag buffoon, but dammit, he's our scumbag.  If he can continue to block the leftists agenda I am willing to overlook his warts.  Eff the Democrats.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2022, 07:26:26 AM »
A question was asked, "What is he (Trump) guilty of?"

The detailed answer:

The guy is a slime ball . . .
He was a slimy Democrat businessman . . .
He lies, cheats, and steals his way through life . . . 
There is almost nothing good about him . . .
The guy is trash . . .

You forgot Russia collusion, the Steele dossier Hillary paid for, the Hunter Biden laptop full of disinformation he conspired with the Russians to plant, and the INSURRECTION! he fomented by advocating a "patriotic and peaceful" - his words - protest. (The country is lucky that INSURRECTION! didn't rise to the level of a PEACEFUL PROTEST.)

Trump may not be everything we'd like to see in a POTUS and his governance wasn't perfect (for example, he spent too much money even BEFORE covid) but most of his policies were better than what we had before or after - and here's an image that sums things up pretty well:

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2022, 08:18:49 AM »
Trump may not be everything we'd like to see in a POTUS and his governance wasn't perfect (for example, he spent too much money even BEFORE covid) but most of his policies were better than what we had before or after - and here's an image that sums things up pretty well:

I agree. Whatever you think of Trump, and even if he is guilty of everything he's ever been accused of*, it's not about Trump, it's about us. They are making Trump a martyr representing government overreach and biased application of the law. Tulsi Gabbard says it well:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tulsi-gabbard-trump-raid-set-dangerous-new-course

*While he's likely as guilty of stuff as any politician is, every "world shattering" thing he has been accused of has turned into a nothingburger, or something setup by political opponents (Hi, Hillary!). It's not so much about Trump doing something wrong, but the application of the law against Trump vs anyone (or their families), D or R, in the DC political dynasty.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2022, 08:21:48 AM »
Vice President Kamala Harris said on Friday that she has "full confidence" in the Department of Justice after the search warrant that was used during the FBI raid of former President Trump's Florida residence was unsealed.

"Well, as a former prosecutor, I will tell you, I don't speak about anybody else's case, but I have full confidence that the Department of Justice will do with the facts and the law requires," Harris said in response to a reporter's question.

Oh brother.  ;/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2022, 08:24:07 AM »
I think this will be the end of Trump's ambition to run in 2024.  To me, it's a foregone conclusion that he will be indicted, he will be tried in DC, and he will be convicted.  The trial being conducted in DC guarantees a conviction, regardless of his actual guilt.  Jail is a real possibility in my opinion.
The Democrats (and their minions in the Swamp) would not have taken such a self-destructive chance if they didn't have all of their (il)legal ducks in a row.  They likely decided on the charges and picked the judge for the trial even before the raid was conducted.  Evidence from the raid won't matter as they will just manufacture whatever is necessary to bring charges.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2022, 08:32:31 AM »
Merrick Garland just made a comment that in a search it was standard practice for the DOJ to " . . .  narrowly scope any search that is undertaken."

The "scope" of this search was anything dated from Jan 20, 2017 to Jan 20, 2021 . . . in other words, every single thing during the whole of Trump's presidency!

"Narrowly scope" my patootie.

I'm no fan of Mitch McConnell, but I'd like to buy Mitch a beer for keeping Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court - AG is awful, but having him on SCOTUS would have been ghastly.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2022, 08:33:25 AM »
I think this will be the end of Trump's ambition to run in 2024.  To me, it's a foregone conclusion that he will be indicted, he will be tried in DC, and he will be convicted.  The trial being conducted in DC guarantees a conviction, regardless of his actual guilt.  Jail is a real possibility in my opinion.
The Democrats (and their minions in the Swamp) would not have taken such a self-destructive chance if they didn't have all of their (il)legal ducks in a row.  They likely decided on the charges and picked the judge for the trial even before the raid was conducted.  Evidence from the raid won't matter as they will just manufacture whatever is necessary to bring charges.

Related to this, I saw the below comments by Bill Maher, and somewhat agree. A lot of people believe this will make Trump a shoe-in to run in 2024, and think it's a good thing. I'm kind of the opinion that Maher is stating here, that in many ways, it could sabotage the Republican primaries. This debacle makes me want to vote for Trump out of spite, but I still believe DeSantis (or by 2024, someone like DeSantis) would be a much better candidate and President. With tinfoil on, one might think that this whole raid was a DNC op.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-admits-fbi-raid-saving-trump-politically-fortune-finally-falling

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2022, 08:58:10 AM »
The ever-unbiased Business Insider makes the point on being a martyr and "Trump is in the way". The article is a perfect example of wanting to try a shoplifter for murder:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-fbi-espionage-act-january6-search-warrant-federal-laws-broken-2022-8

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2022, 09:31:30 AM »
Making liberals cry is a capital offense. Actual murder is peanuts in comparison.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2022, 09:52:50 AM »
... This debacle makes me want to vote for Trump out of spite...
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-admits-fbi-raid-saving-trump-politically-fortune-finally-falling

Me too.
Many I know admitted to voting for Trump in '16 from base emotions. Rather than Hillary, I would have voted for my wife's drunken Aunt Shirley if she was in the (R) column. Same with 2020, but Uncle Joe the pedo clown was met less with hate and more with rolled eyes and sighs of exasperation.
Trump delivered. He rebuilt the Supreme Court. He unplugged enough liberal tears to fill Lake Mead, and gave an uncensored peek behind the wizard's curtain. 
DC has gone full Cptn. Caine with this latest boondoggle  Unless the DNC has an ace up their sleeve, I cant imagine DC's constant Trumptrot doing anything but alienating all but the leftmost voters.
7-11 was a part time job.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2022, 10:05:57 AM »
Trump delivered. He rebuilt the Supreme Court. He unplugged enough liberal tears to fill Lake Mead, and gave an uncensored peek behind the wizard's curtain. 

Exactly. They may all be crooks of one kind or another, and if Trump lost 100 points with me from Twitter and even illegal behavior, he gained 1,000,000 points with me for his SC and judicial appointments, as well as, as you said, pulling aside the curtain.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2022, 11:04:10 AM »
I was of the opinion that Trump was overdone and voting for him a third time would be contributing to more strife than solutions in the country. Now? I'm back to Gingrich's 94 takeover was a polite request delivered on then squandered, the Tea Party was asking nicely, Trump was a warning.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2022, 11:18:31 AM »
Trump is a boor, a bully, and a narcissist.  That doesn’t make him guilty of any of the crimes he’s been accused of. 

Given they didn’t provide the warrant until later, demanded no witnesses to the search, and that security cameras be turned off during the raid (unclear thus far if they were) I fully expect them to plant/manufacture evidence to convict.  He’d get anything overturned by SCOTUS, but the odd of that happening in time for the election are very slim.  Trump would basically have to appeal the admission of evidence straight to SCOTUS before the trial was even over for that to be even remotely possible.  And they would reject for lack of standing.  Dems will do everything they can to run any trial during primary season with conviction and immediate execution of sentence (not implying death penalty, just start of imprisonment) so even if he won the primary he can’t campaign.  Even if SCOTUS took it as an immediate emergency appeal it’s doubtful they could complete the case before the election.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2022, 02:36:17 PM »
Trump is a boor, a bully, and a narcissist.  That doesn’t make him guilty of any of the crimes he’s been accused of. 

Given they didn’t provide the warrant until later, demanded no witnesses to the search, and that security cameras be turned off during the raid (unclear thus far if they were) I fully expect them to plant/manufacture evidence to convict.  He’d get anything overturned by SCOTUS, but the odd of that happening in time for the election are very slim.  Trump would basically have to appeal the admission of evidence straight to SCOTUS before the trial was even over for that to be even remotely possible.  And they would reject for lack of standing.  Dems will do everything they can to run any trial during primary season with conviction and immediate execution of sentence (not implying death penalty, just start of imprisonment) so even if he won the primary he can’t campaign.  Even if SCOTUS took it as an immediate emergency appeal it’s doubtful they could complete the case before the election.
SCOTUS has done things pretty quickly before if there was a national interest.  The 2000 election issues in Florida was decided in days.  Not the same thing, just an example.

The assumption I am hearing is that the establishment will have all their ducks in a row on this and Trump won't be able to defend himself.  Given all the events over the last 6 years, IMO, the people involved in this stuff have never had all their ducks in a row and I don't think this will be the first time they do.  As always, we will see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2022, 04:43:01 PM »
Another reason, despite his personality, that people are rallying around Trump and against the establishment.

HE SCRATCHED A FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/13/newly-released-government-documents-show-donald-trump-scratched-the-floor-of-the-lincoln-memorial-in-2020/

They keep giving him victim status that ordinary Americans rally around him for. Not because he's Trump, but because we see these attacks against us every day.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2022, 05:03:37 PM »
And I'm sure after millions of tourists not a single one of those scratches on the floor was there before Trump
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2022, 05:23:14 PM »
Amazing what these idiots will believe

BREAKING: Donald Trump is fundraising off the FBI search of his home by sending out the “nuclear codes.”

Let me make this clear: If you send that man even one penny you are not a patriot. You are a traitor.

— Jon Cooper (@joncoopertweets) August 12, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/13/fact-check-donald-trump-did-not-send-out-a-fundraising-email-containing-the-nuke-codes/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2022, 05:39:20 PM »
Amazing what these idiots will believe
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/13/fact-check-donald-trump-did-not-send-out-a-fundraising-email-containing-the-nuke-codes/

I don't think this person believed they were real codes, even though she appears to have one of the worst cases of TDS that I have ever seen. What she does appear to be doing is getting mad at a Trump fundraising email (that turned out to be fake) doing the same thing Hillary Clinton does with her "but her emails" fundraising merch.

Just more lefty hypocrisy in action.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #173 on: August 13, 2022, 06:09:00 PM »
The TDS is at an all time high. I don't even like the guy but I've started defending him just to hear the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee Trump.

The next one you hear screaming tell them that Obama signed an EO making the President and Vice President exempt from classified records law. It's like asking a climate green about building more nuclear and fixing the grid so we are not sitting in the dark when everyone plugs in their electric car.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2022, 06:45:40 PM »

Because under him my taxes decreased, my pay went up significantly and the Democrats have been screaming for what, 7 years now because of him.

I don’t give a *expletive deleted*ck about him being a slimeball, but I care DEEPLY about my bank account. The guy after him has *expletive deleted*ed up ALL the progress I made under Trump. I am now effectively washed back 6 years of raises with the inflation, my 401K is dropping like a v-tail Bonanza full of doctors, and the of course Biden is ever conspiring to do more damage to my life.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 08:51:36 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!