Author Topic: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI  (Read 16104 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI
« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »
my 401K is dropping like a v-tail Bonanza full of doctors,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2022, 07:21:36 PM »
Nuke codes sent: "1234password"
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2022, 08:28:58 PM »
I don’t give a *expletive deleted*ck about him being a slimeball, but I care DEEPLY about my bank account.
I wish more people were this honest.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2022, 08:51:35 PM »
Pretty much everything he has been accused of.

The guy is a slime ball.  He was a slimy Democrat businessman long before he became a slimy republican president.  He lies, cheats, and steals his way through life.  There is almost nothing good about him.

Yet, for some strange reason, people here and all over the US think he can do no wrong.

If Biden or Clinton (either one) was going through the exact same FBI search and seizure that Trump is going through, this whole board would be screaming for their immediate incarceration. 

The guy is trash, yet may of you defend him.  Why?

My aunt lived in the same Wilmington neighborhood as the Bidens did until around the late 90’s or early 2000’s.  My cousin played with Hunter and Beau as kids and that same cousin mowed their yard.  My aunt would have FAR worse to say about the Bidens than you have about DJT.

Given the choice why did you pick Biden?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2022, 08:53:44 PM »
My aunt lived in the same Wilmington neighborhood as the Bidens did until around the late 90’s or early 2000’s.  My cousin played with Hunter and Beau as kids and that same cousin mowed their yard.  My aunt would have FAR worse to say about the Bidens than you have about DJT.

Given the choice why did you pick Biden?

Sit down and pour the tea, as the kids say.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2022, 09:20:22 PM »
FBI Raid : Does Trump Have Epstein's Client List?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtS9qWjkjkU
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2022, 09:27:59 PM »
my 401K is dropping like a v-tail Bonanza full of doctors

Holy Cow  :rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2022, 10:27:53 PM »
My 401K is actually finally positive on the year. But if we can convince lawyers to use V-tail Bonanzas then I will be willing to take a hit.

People worried about Trump and nuke codes, wow, have they seen the current palsied hand on the button?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2022, 11:08:07 PM »
If Trump has the nuke codes . . . does that mean Biden has been looking for them with increasing desperation since his inauguration?   :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JN01

• friend
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2022, 11:30:41 PM »
If Trump has the nuke codes . . . does that mean Biden has been looking for them with increasing desperation since his inauguration?   :O

Nah. To pacify him, his handlers gave him a sack of Scrabble tiles and told him it was the encrypted codes.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2022, 02:29:22 AM »
I wish more people were this honest.
Yep.  The ends don't justify the means, but the ends do matter. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2022, 02:34:54 AM »
Thinking about this more, it has been less than week.  We now have the White House moving from "We found out on twitter and we don't interfere" to Garland admitting he signed off on the raid.  So far it doesn't sound like they thought all this through.  This in addition to the Judge having connections to Epstein among other things. 

All I can do is watch for the next couple months so we will see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2022, 02:35:44 AM »
FBI Raid : Does Trump Have Epstein's Client List?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtS9qWjkjkU
A little more light on how that Judge had connections to Epstein.  More details on that would be interesting. 

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2022, 03:56:27 AM »
Slimy as he may be, his policies were over all a benefit to the country.  One could argue that no crimes should be unpunished, but that is not the case, Trump seems to be the one singled out. The Clintons and Bidens are thoroughly corrupt and have sold out the country to our enemies multiple times.  It doesn't matter how blatant or obvious the Democrats and their minions engage in criminal activity, they are almost never held accountable.  Hillary was found to have committed multiple violations of the espionage act and destroyed evidence, yet there were no consequences. Russiagate was nothing less than a failed coup attempt by the Dems with the help of the FBI.

Two impeachment attempts failed.  You would think that they would be able to find some actual evidence of something he has done, but they have not.

In the end, it's not really about justice anyway.  The Democrats don't give a crap about who committed what crime.  They see Trump as standing in the way of their totalitarian dreams, that cannot be tolerated. 

Trump is not someone I would have picked to be a Presidential candidate, I would prefer a DeSantis or Paul.  He may be a scumbag buffoon, but dammit, he's our scumbag.  If he can continue to block the leftists agenda I am willing to overlook his warts.  Eff the Democrats.
Bolding mine

Fair agreement here.  Plus two words: "Judicial Appointments."

You almost can't do business without some toe-stepping, but if you for some reason attain national prominence, the stepees will blow it out of proportion.

Unless you're a well-armored and insulated Democrat.

Take it or leave it, but there are some people I hope never get on my jury.

Terry

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2022, 09:00:12 AM »
Globalists (and by extension their democrat wing) are at a point where they feel they can just strong arm anything through, no need to pretend or conceal (or carefully plan) anymore. They have gotten used to a real passivity in the population. Probably explains a lot of what is going on at this time, the question is did they get ahead of themselves with these latest shenanigans?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2022, 09:27:34 AM »
I do hate defending Trump, truthfully the guy is really sketchy, always has been. Our politics is like "The Sopranos" series, there are no good guys. I was well on my way of getting past him but the flurry of court rulings sort of moderated my disillusionment with him potentially being the standard bearer again. Having only gangsters and intel operatives to choose from is really a conundrum.

Unless you are the type who can just not care and not vote. Voting gets you invested, there is an emotional aspect to the ritual. Once emotions are involved it's easier to be manipulated. Once invested you can fall into the sunk cost fallacy and hang in there way too long. I did that with GWB. I'm probably doing it with Trump. Ignoring red flags and rationalizing even my now only tepid support of him.

We vote for people, claim and identify with the positive things they've done and refuse to take personal responsibility for the bad things they've done.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2022, 09:33:56 AM »
This is a bit of a tangent, but it certainly brings to light to me some of the division in this country. A guy to Rand Paul (regarding Paul saying we should repeal the Espionage Act because of abuse):

David Weissman
@davidmweissman
·
Follow
Replying to @RandPaul
Isn’t your job to make laws, not take them away?
9:18 PM · Aug 13, 2022

One side wants everything fixed via new laws and regulations, the other wants fewer laws and more freedom, even if it means some guilty go free (I, and I'm guessing most of APS are on the latter side).

Looking at this guy's Twitter profile, he looks like the kind of .mil guy who is big on "I was just following orders".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/08/14/cue-the-mouth-breather-meltdown-rand-paul-pushes-to-repeal-the-espionage-act-and-lefties-lose-their-freakin-minds/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2022, 12:01:31 PM »
This just in: Had a chat yesterday with a friend who has been out of touch for several weeks due to workload and then taking his family on their annual camping trip/retreat. He didn't mention where he got this (and I didn't think to ask), but according to him the FBI not only knew that Trump had certain documents at Mar-a-Lago, they had been there, inspected the storage, and made recommendations on physical security for said documents. And this supposedly happened quite some time ago.

Has anyone seen even a hint of this on any source?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2022, 12:10:21 PM »
This just in: Had a chat yesterday with a friend who has been out of touch for several weeks due to workload and then taking his family on their annual camping trip/retreat. He didn't mention where he got this (and I didn't think to ask), but according to him the FBI not only knew that Trump had certain documents at Mar-a-Lago, they had been there, inspected the storage, and made recommendations on physical security for said documents. And this supposedly happened quite some time ago.

Has anyone seen even a hint of this on any source?

Saw a headline stating just that but lost track of where
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2022, 12:14:27 PM »
. . .
We vote for people, claim and identify with the positive things they've done and refuse to take personal responsibility for the bad things they've done.
NO politician is perfect. Look at Reagan - a lot of people idolize him and on balance he did good, but he signed a bill making Social Security benefits taxable (Clinton later raised those taxes) and he sent Marines into Beirut with no clear mission and idiotic rules of engagement. Not to mention supporting the Brady Bill after he left office. He also spent too much money.

Trump's policies were mostly good . . . aside from his mean tweets, my biggest gripe with him is that he, too, spent too much money, even before covid popped up.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2022, 01:50:44 PM »

Unless you are the type who can just not care and not vote. Voting gets you invested, there is an emotional aspect to the ritual.

I always figure if, if, if, there is voter fraud by the other party, at the very least, my one little vote might cancel out one fraudulent vote.

Makes the onerous chore (!) of voting a little easier for me.*

Terry, 230RN

*Actually, I just drop off my ballot in the box by city hall on my way to the grocery store.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2022, 02:31:23 PM »
NO politician is perfect. Look at Reagan - a lot of people idolize him and on balance he did good, but he signed a bill making Social Security benefits taxable (Clinton later raised those taxes) and he sent Marines into Beirut with no clear mission and idiotic rules of engagement. Not to mention supporting the Brady Bill after he left office. He also spent too much money.

Trump's policies were mostly good . . . aside from his mean tweets, my biggest gripe with him is that he, too, spent too much money, even before covid popped up.

Perfect is the mortal enemy of "pretty darn good".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2022, 06:41:44 PM »

I would have preferred Trump vetoed the ridiculous budgets, but spending too much is primarily on congress. The only other thing Trump could have done was put people in power that were told to cut costs.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2022, 01:15:25 AM »
The left want's another Jan 6 but on steroids. Keep them locked until after the midterms at least.

Nancy could have stopped Jan 6 from happening, but she wanted it to happen.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2022, 02:02:50 AM »
The left want's another Jan 6 but on steroids. Keep them locked until after the midterms at least.

Nancy could have stopped Jan 6 from happening, but she wanted it to happen.

Nah, they see J6 and all things Trump are losing traction so plan B is war with China before midterms because everyone loves a wartime president. Another delegation of senators dropped in to visit.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.