Author Topic: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI  (Read 16054 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Mar-A-Lago raided and occupied by FBI
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2022, 02:44:16 AM »
Why would China go to war with it's biggest customer? We are dying from the inside.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2022, 06:08:47 AM »
Why would China go to war with it's biggest customer? We are dying from the inside.

The bold implies the underlined will not remain constant.  At what point does America's decline make a war with us economically beneficial?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 05:02:32 PM by kgbsquirrel »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2022, 08:14:19 AM »
Whoops, wrong thread
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2022, 10:15:09 AM »
I don't know if China wants war with the US directly (they are communists so who knows).  I am more of the opinion they eventually want Taiwan back along the control of the area around them and they don't want us interfering with that. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 10:28:57 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #204 on: August 15, 2022, 11:51:15 AM »

China also has its own, serious internal problems.  A good shooting war could be a beneficial distraction for their people, as well.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2022, 01:04:07 PM »
I don't know if China wants war with the US directly (they are communists so who knows).  I am more of the opinion they eventually want Taiwan back along the control of the area around them and they don't want us interfering with that.

Their long term plans include Hawaii
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2022, 01:27:53 PM »
China also has its own, serious internal problems.  A good shooting war could be a beneficial distraction for their people, as well.

They don’t have enough people to fight us in a war.  Nor do they have the domestic energy supply.  They import 85% of their energy supply, the vast majority of that from the Persian Gulf.  The rest the mostly get from Russia via pipelines coming out of Siberia (and how long would it take for a Tomahawk to disrupt that?).  If we used our Navy to stop oil shipments to China (just announcing we’d sink any tanker entering the South or East China Sea would be enough to stop virtually all such traffic) the lights go out in China in about a month or two, and within 6 months they’re in major famine mode. 

China would lose 500k-1mil men just crossing the Taiwan Straight to invade Taiwan.  Xi is fine with that.  But they would lose exponentially more crossing the Pacific to reach our left coast.  Assuming they have troop transports that can make that crossing to begin with.  If they try to fly them over our Navy and Air Force will obliterate them in the air.  The ones that somehow make it through would have to try to survive not only our domestic based military but all the rednecks with hunting rifles and gun nuts with AR-15s.    If they seriously tried they wouldn’t have a functional population left by the time they even got close to succeeding in occupying HI, CA, OR and WA.  And that’s if we don’t retaliate by cutting off their oil imports.

That all ignores that China will have half its peak population by 2050 even if they aren’t stupid enough to try to invade us.  That’s simple demographics.  Their 1 child policy was too effective.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2022, 01:33:28 PM »
They don’t have enough people to fight us in a war.  Nor do they have the domestic energy supply.  They import 85% of their energy supply, the vast majority of that from the Persian Gulf.  The rest the mostly get from Russia via pipelines coming out of Siberia (and how long would it take for a Tomahawk to disrupt that?).  If we used our Navy to stop oil shipments to China (just announcing we’d sink any tanker entering the South or East China Sea would be enough to stop virtually all such traffic) the lights go out in China in about a month or two, and within 6 months they’re in major famine mode. 

It's not just the US Navy they have to worry about. Virtually every country tankers from the ME have to make their way pass, and we talking about some very narrow choke points,  is hostile to China.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2022, 01:38:18 PM »
It's not just the US Navy they have to worry about. Virtually every country tankers from the ME have to make their way pass is hostile to China

Yup.  Can’t mention everything in one post though.

I almost want to see China piss off some country like the Philippines or Australia or Vietnam enough to get wiped out by an oil blockade.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2022, 02:50:06 PM »
Sources Allege Trump Stole Plans Revealing White House’s Thermal Exhaust Port
https://babylonbee.com/news/report-trump-allegedly-stole-plans-revealing-white-houses-thermal-exhaust-port
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2022, 03:07:43 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2022, 04:35:18 PM »

China would lose 500k-1mil men just crossing the Taiwan Straight to invade Taiwan.  Xi is fine with that.  But they would lose exponentially more crossing the Pacific to reach our left coast.  Assuming they have troop transports that can make that crossing to begin with.  If they try to fly them over our Navy and Air Force will obliterate them in the air.  The ones that somehow make it through would have to try to survive not only our domestic based military but all the rednecks with hunting rifles and gun nuts with AR-15s.    If they seriously tried they wouldn’t have a functional population left by the time they even got close to succeeding in occupying HI, CA, OR and WA.  And that’s if we don’t retaliate by cutting off their oil imports.

That all ignores that China will have half its peak population by 2050 even if they aren’t stupid enough to try to invade us.  That’s simple demographics.  Their 1 child policy was too effective.

China would have to be monumentally stupid to cross the Pacific to attack CONUS.  They simply do not have the means to attack us at home in an effective or worthwhile manner.  Of course, Commies can be monumentally stupid on occasion, but I doubt they would risk a direct attack on our home soil.
That said, I think they plan to go after Taiwan at some point.  They may lob a missile or two at Guam and/or Hawaii in the hope we might be deterred from helping Taiwan.  But I think that would just be a greater provocation, and any uncertainty on our part to defend Taiwan would evaporate.
Going after Taiwan would give them that good shooting war that I was referring to.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2022, 06:55:35 PM »
I guess people really ARE this stupid.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/15/lawyer-hopes-that-joe-biden-changed-the-nuclear-codes-and-donald-trump-didnt-have-them-at-mar-a-lago/

I feel bad for anyone who hires this guy for legal services.

I've been getting aggravated reading all the ridiculous crap people (and not just randos, but the MSM, etc.) are spouting about classified material at Mar-A-Lago. Like using their movie terms of "ultra classified" and "ultraviolet purple super duper classified", but then I take a step back knowing that most people have never held a clearance and simply don't know anything about the classified world.

There's no excuse though, for being so stupid that you think former presidents walk around with current codes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2022, 07:07:34 PM »

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/15/lawyer-hopes-that-joe-biden-changed-the-nuclear-codes-and-donald-trump-didnt-have-them-at-mar-a-lago/

I've been getting aggravated reading all the ridiculous crap people (and not just randos, but the MSM, etc.) are spouting about classified material at Mar-A-Lago. Like using their movie terms of "ultra classified" and "ultraviolet purple super duper classified", but then I take a step back knowing that most people have never held a clearance and simply don't know anything about the classified world.

There's no excuse though, for being so stupid that you think former presidents walk around with current codes.

Please tell me Biden changed them. Please please please please please.

— Tristan Snell (@TristanSnell) August 12, 2022

Same as his luggage

1-2- huh 1-2-....2.... What were we talking about?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #215 on: August 16, 2022, 12:35:20 AM »
They don’t have enough people to fight us in a war.  Nor do they have the domestic energy supply.  They import 85% of their energy supply, the vast majority of that from the Persian Gulf.  The rest the mostly get from Russia via pipelines coming out of Siberia (and how long would it take for a Tomahawk to disrupt that?).

That may be why the ChiComs are surging ahead of the U.S. in building nuclear power plants.  Those plants will "free up" the petroleum products they need for "elsewhere".  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2022, 01:13:49 AM »
That may be why the ChiComs are surging ahead of the U.S. in building nuclear power plants.  Those plants will "free up" the petroleum products they need for "elsewhere".  :facepalm:

Ought to see how many hydroelectric pumped storage projects they have in the works. Commies suck but when you give not two craps about environmental damage and can disappear anyone who brings a nuisance lawsuit, well things get done.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2022, 03:01:04 AM »

The codes change daily, and are carried on the President's person on a credit card-sized cheat sheet called the "biscuit." The card contains a series of codes, including some false ones. The President has to memorize which positions on the card hold the real codes (which is problematic with Biden in the White House). The codes are useless without access to "the football," which is carried by an aide to the President.

There is no way Trump ever had a current code, from the day he left office.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #218 on: August 16, 2022, 09:12:21 AM »
The codes change daily, and are carried on the President's person on a credit card-sized cheat sheet called the "biscuit." The card contains a series of codes, including some false ones. The President has to memorize which positions on the card hold the real codes (which is problematic with Biden in the White House). The codes are useless without access to "the football," which is carried by an aide to the President.

There is no way Trump ever had a current code, from the day he left office.

More than likely all the codes on the biscuit have been "111111111" since 1/6/20. . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #219 on: August 16, 2022, 10:33:54 AM »
Now the left is speculating that Trump somehow got plans for nuclear bombs and was selling them to other governments for cash!

https://drpippa.substack.com/p/clash-of-civilizations?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

From the fourth paragraph: "But, the question is coming: Did Trump sell the atom bomb to a sovereign (or sovereigns) in exchange for cash? This has yet to be seen. But it looks like it might be a real possibility."

Unbelievable.  The left must be in a panic about the raid blowing up in their face.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #220 on: August 16, 2022, 10:39:58 AM »
FBI: We didn't take Trump's passports because we later returned them.

Amazing me, but not shocking, how many on the left are totally blind to the contradiction in that
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2022, 10:51:48 AM »
Passports are only taken if someone is a flight risk. Extremely unlikely in Trump's case.

This is further evidence that the FBI was wantonly grabbing whatever they could get their hands on rather than following any warrant guidelines. A box of archived records would be a strange place to store a passport. It would be like me putting my passport in my "2010-2020 tax records" box instead of in my safe. If the passports were in Trump's safe, they would have been clearly visible so should not have been touched.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2022, 10:59:13 AM »
Also, DOJ was claiming that this raid was time critical and needed to be done quickly, but now we learned that Garland (who didn't know about it) was deliberating on whether to do it for weeks beforehand.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/08/16/walls-are-closing-in-but-not-on-trump-sean-davis-lays-out-how-he-knows-the-doj-is-panicking-about-their-trump-raid-in-1-spot-on-tweet/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/merrick-garland-weighed-search-of-trumps-mar-a-lago-for-weeks-11660601292

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2022, 11:05:06 AM »
Passports are only taken if someone is a flight risk. Extremely unlikely in Trump's case.

Some are pushing the story Trump was seeking asylum in Russia. They could have taken the passports to help pad that narrative.

- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2022, 11:18:11 AM »
Some are pushing the story Trump was seeking asylum in Russia. They could have taken the passports to help pad that narrative.

If he wanted to do something like that he’d just hop in one of his bizjets and fly there.  Passports won’t matter.