Author Topic: Suspect arrested in ABQ murder of four Muslim men  (Read 1784 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Suspect arrested in ABQ murder of four Muslim men
« on: August 09, 2022, 07:25:48 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-religion-pakistan-new-mexico-albuquerque-86dc44b0546834282ac9b171b37b32f7

The suspect, Mr. Syed, came to the US from Afghanistan several years ago. Three of the men killed were from Pakistan and one was from Afghanistan.  I will be interested to hear the story behind this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Suspect arrested in ABQ murder of four Muslim men
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 07:29:08 PM »
The story? We let unvetted third worlders into the country and are appalled they act like third worlders.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 07:56:40 PM »
The story? We let unvetted third worlders into the country and are appalled they act like third worlders.

They come here and think they can act like they're from an America inner city.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 08:44:43 PM »
They come here and think they can act like they're from an America inner city.
Like I said, third worlders.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 10:39:33 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-religion-pakistan-new-mexico-albuquerque-86dc44b0546834282ac9b171b37b32f7

The suspect, Mr. Syed, came to the US from Afghanistan several years ago. Three of the men killed were from Pakistan and one was from Afghanistan. I will be interested to hear the story behind this.

Me too. Is he a white supremacist? White nationalist? Christian nationalist? Trumpian nativist? Carlsonian anti-replacer?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 11:17:03 PM »
Me too. Is he a white supremacist? White nationalist? Christian nationalist? Trumpian nativist? Carlsonian anti-replacer?

Meanwhile at CNN

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 06:35:20 AM »
The serial killer is the Afghan face of white supremacy, of course.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 10:29:19 AM »

Regardless, if he's ever sentenced, the prison better triple-check its surveillance equipment lest he be epsteinated.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 10:43:02 AM »
The serial killer is the Afghan face of white supremacy, of course.

Yes. Afganis are, unfortunately, just as white as me.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 10:44:51 AM »
Am I the only one who saw ABQ and the first thought was "Is that some kind of BBQ?"   =) 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 10:57:49 AM »
Yes. Afganis are, unfortunately, just as white as me.

They're white or a POC when it's politically useful for them to be one or the other.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2022, 12:57:02 PM »
From the article:

Police were looking into possible motives, including an unspecified “interpersonal conflict.”

When asked specifically if Syed, a Sunni Muslim, was angry that his daughter married a *expletive deleted*it Muslim,

You can stop investigating.  That's it right there.  Daughter shamed herself and her family.  She's lucky the cops got to him before he got to her, because I'll bet two falafel's and a shwarma she was on Dad's list. From that region, if they are opposite the Sunni/*expletive deleted*it divide, they are also in opposing tribes.

American's are going to pussyfoot around the situation, but that's the answer.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2022, 01:03:52 PM »
Am I the only one who saw ABQ and the first thought was "Is that some kind of BBQ?"   =)

Well, that took a left turn.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2022, 01:14:49 PM »
From the article:

You can stop investigating.  That's it right there.  Daughter shamed herself and her family.  She's lucky the cops got to him before he got to her, because I'll bet two falafel's and a shwarma she was on Dad's list. From that region, if they are opposite the Sunni/*expletive deleted*it divide, they are also in opposing tribes.

So was this an honor killing?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 01:19:06 PM »
From the article:

Now it's up to the MSM to figure out a way to blame Trump
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2022, 01:37:11 PM »
So was this an honor killing?

Loosely.  Honor killings in AFG aren't as straight line logical as they are in the Arab world.  For example, it was common during the GWOT for an Afghan Army soldier to feel like he was disrespected by some Coalition soldier or event, and the response to regain the "honor" was just to strike out at any coalition target.  Disrespected at the main gate?  Shoot up the back gate tomorrow.  Who cares who's there.  That itself was came from the Pashtun(ish) tendency to blame other tribes en mass for any disrespect by a member.  Dude from village A disrespected your wife?  Next people you see from that village get attacked.

So, while I have no evidence specifically that on this dude's motive, from my experience with a bunch of different folks from that region, it is highly plausible to me that when his daughter went off reservation and married outside the tribe (The fact that there was a marriage was confirmed in the article) this guy took it out on the most convenient representatives of the other tribe.  Left unchecked I think it likely he would have eventually circled back to his daughter and her new husband, but perhaps they beat feet after the marriage.

It is equally plausible to me that Western journalists would be completely unwilling to even hint at a cultural drive for these murders, as that would impair their carefully nurtured belief in cultural relitivism.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 03:17:35 PM »
Some cultures are garbage.  The sooner the west realizes this, the better.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2022, 04:19:52 PM »
I am not a "racist" there is only one race of human beings no matter the color of a persons skin.
I am however, very much a "culturist". I am not strictly a "western" culture fanatic though. If a culture values life, human dignity, religious tolerance, political differences, personal responsibility and the opportunity for any person to do or be anything they are able to achieve by their own ability then I am a fan.
If on the other hand a culture  is willing to murder people for their political and/or religious views, oppresses minorities, abuses women and tolerates and encourages pedophilia, engages or tolerates human trafficking and slavery then I am diametrically opposed to said culture continuing to exist.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 05:59:27 PM »
From the article:

Unfortunately, we opened our borders to "honor killings," and they are now here to stay. Yes, the daughter is lucky she's still alive. There is no question that she was on the list.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2022, 06:02:22 PM »
Well, that took a left turn.

Not really. I had no idea what ABQ meant, either.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2022, 06:47:41 PM »
Not really. I had no idea what ABQ meant, either.

Sigh.  Does nobody else get Bugs Bunny references?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2022, 06:54:52 PM »
Some cultures are garbage.  The sooner the west realizes this, the better.

The West is currently involved in declaring its own culture(s) to be garbage.

I got it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2022, 07:02:23 PM »

Pretty far-fetched.  I had to look it up, and then remembered it.

Forgot to take my mind-reading pills this morning, so I'm forgiven, right?

And people wonder why I use "REF" so often.  It's to enhance COMMUNICATION.

"Communication."  Say it to yourself.  It's a good thing.

"Sigh," yourself.

Terry

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2022, 08:53:43 PM »
Pretty far-fetched.  I had to look it up, and then remembered it.

Forgot to take my mind-reading pills this morning, so I'm forgiven, right?

And people wonder why I use "REF" so often.  It's to enhance COMMUNICATION.

"Communication."  Say it to yourself.  It's a good thing.

"Sigh," yourself.

Terry

You have 3 good options when you realize there’s a reference you don’t grok.  1) consult professor Google, 2) ask for an explanation, or 3) ignore it and move on.  Not especially complicated.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2022, 08:55:52 PM »
You have 3 good options when you realize there’s a reference you don’t grok.  1) consult professor Google, 2) ask for an explanation, or 3) ignore it and move on.

4) read the post (emphasis added)
7-11 was a part time job.