Author Topic: Trust in the FBI  (Read 1562 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Trust in the FBI
« on: August 09, 2022, 08:27:17 PM »
Copied from Lawdog’s Facebook.  File under “some animals are more equal than others”.

In 2009 the Bureau of Diplomatic Security of the State Department learned through outside sources that Secretary Clinton was maintaining a private, unsecured email server in her home, and was receiving and transmitting classified material on it. She was informed at that time that this was a security risk and a possible violation of the law.

Sometime during the same time period officials with the National Archives and Records Administration filed an expression of concern over possible violations of Federal record-keeping procedures by then SecState Clinton.

Despite the fact that over 20 of the surviving emails on the server -- it had been wiped with BleachBit -- were classified as "TS/SCI", another 65 classified as "Secret", and a couple of thousand as "Confidential", the director of the FBI stated: "...that no charges are appropriate in this case." And, "Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

About the same time a US Navy sailor took selfies inside of a submarine, in a "TS/SCI" (see above) equivalent area, was convicted, received an OTH discharge, and three years felony probation with the first six months of that under house arrest.

Huh.

In 2013 the FBI gave Senator Dianne Feinstein a "defensive briefing" in which they informed her that her driver of 20 years was a Chinese spy, told her she was the subject of an espionage programme, and waved as she walked away to fire her driver. Nothing further was done.

In 2015 the FBI gave Representative Eric Swalwell a "defensive briefing" to inform him that Christine Fang -- whom he had known for several years, had placed interns for, and possibly had sexual relations with -- was a Chinese spy. He was informed that he was the target of an espionage programme, warned to be careful, and walked away ... back to his position on the House Intelligence Committee. Nothing further was done.

As far as the FBI in regards to Trump ... well, we saw that one on the nightly news every. Bloody. Night.

In 1992, acting under unconstitutional "shoot on sight" rules of engagement, the FBI shot Vicki Weaver in the face as she stood in a doorway, holding nothing more than her baby.

No one in the FBI was held to account for the blatantly unlawful ROE, or the intentional and knowing murder of a mother.

In 1993 the FBI burned 76 members of the Branch Davidian religious cult to death.

No one in the FBI was held to account for this.

In 2015 the FBI was informed that the team doctor for the US Olympic Gymnast Team was sexually abusing the gymnasts.

The FBI failed to open a case.

After a second allegation of sexual abuse, the FBI opened an investigation, and then lied, mischaracterized witness statements, falsified witness statements, and destroyed evidence. At the end of which, the FBI -- unsurprisingly -- found nothing to the allegations.

Unfortunately the allegations were true. At least 330 girls were sexually abused by Dr Nasser over a 14 year period.

The agents who lied, falsified statements, destroyed evidence, and perjured themselves under oath to other FBI agents (a crime if you're Michael Flynn) were fired.

They were not, however, prosecuted.

This is why half the country doesn't believe anything that the FBI has to say.

And that's the plain truth.

The FBI could come out of Mar A Lago with a statement signed by the Archngel Gabriel in blood and half the country isn't going to care.

It's the FBI's own fault that this is the case. They have shown multiple times that the integrity of the Bureau -- if it ever had any -- is long gone; and they have no-one to blame but themselves for this distrust. Deal with it.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Trust in the FBI
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 09:57:51 PM »
I used to see it said that a certain place that it was so corrupt that one would need to be caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl to get in trouble.

Now?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 10:05:22 PM »
I proposed a while ago disbanding the FBI (and others) and was derided for it; how about now?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 10:20:52 PM »
I proposed a while ago disbanding the FBI (and others) and was derided for it; how about now?

What else shall we deride you over?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 10:52:00 PM »
I used to see it said that a certain place that it was so corrupt that one would need to be caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl to get in trouble.

Now?

Did that originate with D.C. Stephenson in Indiana from 1925 (KKK leader)?  I think in his case the woman survived long enough to point to him.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:09 PM »

Was that the same thread where we talked about letting FBI handle all the enforcement issues for the other agencies. I recall that seeming reasonable at the time.

Now I'd prefer the FBI and many other agencies be scrapped.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 11:01:06 PM »
Was that the same thread where we talked about letting FBI handle all the enforcement issues for the other agencies. I recall that seeming reasonable at the time.

Now I'd prefer the FBI and many other agencies be scrapped.
I have seen that comment a bit today.  I wouldn't have favored that a year or two ago.  Not a bad idea these days.  At the least, the leadership needs to be gutted.  And apparently they have far too much funding if they have time for this and planning the kidnapping of state governors. 

I wouldn't say they are all bad, but enough are that stuff like this happens.  I heard the FBI agents who did the raid weren't from the local Florida office.  Not sure what that means. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 11:17:45 PM »
Trust and FBI don't belong in the same sentence
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 11:23:14 PM »
No one is above the law.  The AG said so.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 07:43:31 AM »
No one not specially favored by the Democrats is above the law.  The AG said so.

FTFY
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 11:00:20 AM »
Well, that Lawdog post nailed it.

Why should we believe anything they say?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2022, 12:15:01 PM »

I don't really remember what people said about Wray in the beginning, it might be interesting to go back and look, but many of Trumps "best people" haven't really panned out for him.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2022, 01:22:35 PM »

Now?

These days, being caught with a live boy is probably no big deal.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2022, 02:29:36 PM »
Trust and FBI don't belong in the same sentence

I trust the FBI.
I trust them to act like the jack booted thugs they have time and again proven themselves to be.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2022, 03:56:47 PM »

The monkeypox must flow.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2022, 04:11:00 PM »
And even years ago, a dead woman was no big deal if you were a democrat senator from Massachusetts.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 04:38:57 PM »
More FBI news

“A former senior FBI lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, who was found guilty of forgery in the Trump-Russia probe has been restored to “good standing” status by the District of Columbia Bar Association despite not fully completing his probation sentence.” https://t.co/b4amKOQwVh

— James A. Gagliano (@JamesAGagliano) August 9, 2022

Here’s how the rule of law applied to a former FBI lawyer who pleaded guilty to forgery
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/08/10/heres-how-the-rule-of-law-applied-to-a-former-fbi-lawyer-who-pleaded-guilty-to-forgery/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2022, 09:50:08 PM »
kakistocracy
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2022, 06:03:53 AM »
The FBI is one of the most immoral, criminal conniving spineless treacherous organizations to hold any form of official authority. It's not a law enforcement agency, it's a security agency. As in securing the power of the people currently in charge. Using and breaking the law selectively to keep power "where it belongs" is their reason for being. And it has got to go if freedom is to survive.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2022, 02:04:20 PM »

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2022, 03:48:24 PM »
The FBI never lies. Or do they... ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy5A8VIWmxg

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2022, 08:55:03 AM »
Related, it's interesting to see the FBI playing the "Wo is us" card with this:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/12/politics/fbi-threats-maralago-trump-search/index.html

Reading between the lines, "unprecedented" means they're counting stuff like, "The FBI needs to die", which is said here often enough, and which they appear to be counting as "extremist threats". Microaggressions are now a threat against democracy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2022, 10:32:11 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 04:01:15 PM »
Oh boy

NEW: According to an FBI informant, the Michigan State Police allowed armed protesters into the Capitol in Lansing on April 30, 2020, at the specific request of the FBI, which wanted to "de-escalate" the situation. pic.twitter.com/MAGn8bcmrx

— Ken Bensinger (@kenbensinger) August 15, 2022

But that's not all

Big Dan's handlers worked out of the Detroit FBI field office.

It was headed at the time by Steven D'Antuono.

He was promoted to take over DC FBI field office in October 2020–right before the Capitol protest.

Who made this call? https://t.co/OWZd3tnrj4

— Julie Kelly 🇺🇸 (@julie_kelly2) August 15, 2022

WHOA… WTF?! FBI informant in Whitmer kidnapping trial drops bombshell about the FBI requesting police allow armed protesters in the Capitol
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/08/15/whoa-wtf-fbi-informant-in-whitmer-kidnapping-trial-drops-bombshell-about-the-fbi-requesting-police-allow-armed-protesters-in-the-capitol/
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 05:02:13 PM »
Oh boy

But that's not all

WHOA… WTF?! FBI informant in Whitmer kidnapping trial drops bombshell about the FBI requesting police allow armed protesters in the Capitol
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/08/15/whoa-wtf-fbi-informant-in-whitmer-kidnapping-trial-drops-bombshell-about-the-fbi-requesting-police-allow-armed-protesters-in-the-capitol/

Fabricates Bullshit Incorrigibly